Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

8 Vehicles 1 build thread! (Pics for sure)

Old 12-31-2012, 11:08 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok so here is a bunch of the pictures I have been promising. The front wheels will be put on the 89 F250 soon I have to get a new breaker bar to put it on because my brother broke the other one. I personally think it looks great with the white spoke wheels fits the look of the ranch truck alot better then the stockers. On the Bronco 2 I decided to put the red visors in as they were in alot better shape. Speedometer cable needs to be tested but it is in and appears to be working. Also a few outside pics of everything on the Bronco 2 along with my dads edition a baby moon on the spare tire which I think looks like a VW wheel but oh well.
Trav

Old 01-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Well unfortunatly went out to test the speedometer cable with the Bronco 2 and didn't get to try. Turns out when turning left all the way the tire rubs on the fender because of the wide tires I didn't notice that the old fenders were dented just right so they wouldn't rub. So going to have to fix that soon and didn't get to see if the speedometer cable is working or not.

Also found out today that we got a good sized scratch probably the size of a thumb on the drivers side behind the rear door on the 02 F250. Must have been when my dad turned wrong and hit our fence. Luckly from a far distance you can't notice it so thats ok also took the 02 F250 out to go get a trailer and test the ESOF (electronic shift on the fly) with the hubs locked in auto instead of locked and it is working great thankfully at least the ESOF isn't failing me again.
Trav

Old 01-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
ok so I thought I would post a picture of what is keeping me from going out and tearing apart the Bronco 2 even more. The next and last edition to our house it is part of our foundation. It is a 30 foot travel trailer plus you can see the 02 F250 doing what it loves (hauling). It is this and our water trailer I am fixing at the same time of dealing with the Bronco 2, horses, and soon my 88 F150 and our 89 F250.
Trav

Old 01-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
So in the past few days I finally got tired of the Bronco 2 and went out and put the 2 rear tires off the parts truck on the blue Bronco 2. Now we have 16s in the front and 15s in the rear. Big tires rear small tires front but temporary. It is working out ok for right now I just need it to work for now. Also tested the speedometer cable it works but not completely it is about 10-20 mph behind so I don't know what to do for that.
Trav

Old 01-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Here is a couple pictures of the Bronco 2 with the small tires in front big tires in the rear. Also forgot to mention that I had to get the tire plugged on the 86 F150.
Trav

Old 01-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Well today I was using the Bronco 2 and my ranch trailer around the yard cleaning up and after I started it up and reved it up a bit in netrual all of a sudden the gas pedal stuck to the floor. After pressing it again it came loose but I checked it out turns out the carpet got a hold of the gas pedal and made it stick so I cut a little piece out so it wouldn't happen when in gear. Other then that I haven't gotten the chance to work on anything else.
Trav

Old 01-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Ok so today I used the Bronco 2 to move things around the yard again not really heavy things but alot of wood and all day that tempuature gauge has been pegged at hot and I just keep on driving it because it has been like that a while but today is the worst ever. So now I know soon I will have to get a new thermostat and get the exhaust system welded up which I can go into town and get that done for $10. Also going to have to do a brake job on the Bronco they are getting really bad hopefully just the fronts because I have new front brakes for it if it is the rear going have to buy them. Then the pilot bearing and clutch is starting to go so going to have to replace those which I need to get. Still not bad since I only have $186 put into it and $400 for purchase price. As for the speedometer cable I think it is the wrong gear on it so I am going to take the old gear off the old cable and put it on the new cable and hopefully that fixes that. Other then that not much going on oil changes will be in March for the Bronco 2, Expedition, 02 F250, and 86 F150. If I have the 88 F150 and 89 F250 running by then then I will do the change too I hope to have the 88 F150 and 89 F250 running by Feburary maybe late Febuary but not for sure as I am working alot on the house right now. My only hold up on my 88 F150 is the aftermarket exhaust system routed where the rear tank can't go up in there to be installed so I might need to remove the bed to install it I am hoping I don't.
Trav

Old 01-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Been a while since I updated but today I ended up using the Bronco down to the backyard to get my water trailer muddy then you could believe I am already in 4x4 high and I back up to the trailer hook up and pull out and I am slidding everywhere trying to watch the wood pile I back up and throw in 4x4 LOW well I floor it in granny gear (1st) and still slidding well while jerking the wheel around to get out I ripped the steering wheel cover. Luckly I got out but my brother is going crazy because I ripped the steering wheel cover. Oh well guess we will have to get a new one. Not much worth taking a picture of as it didn't throw much mud on the truck but thought I would update with something else. Other then that driving the wheels off this little bronco luckly it has been so cold it hasn't been getting hot any more.
Trav

Old 01-17-2013, 11:32 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Ok so a few updates most aren't good news. First on the 02 F250 the passanger door handle is popping out it broke from the cold and my brothers being harsh on it so I am thinking of getting metal ones or just get the stock plastics it is holding up but only me my mom and my dad are allowed to open that door as we are more gentle. On good part I swept the bed out on her need to get it a bit better and clean the truck box still though but my dad is going to let me install our GPS (tom Tom) into her that I got a while back for free.

Then a few days me and my dad took the 86 F150 out driving around and it had idling problem turns out after I drove it to the nieghbors the throttle cable popped off again 2nd time since we bought it 2 1/2 years ago. I fixed it right with a cable clip from our 84 F250 parts truck. I also swept the bed out perfectly clean first time since we bought it took me about 30-45 minutes. Here is a pic of how the 86 F150 is looking.

For my 88 F150 4x4 I decided I am going to sell the cab fairing and later get or make up a headache rack for it. I also have a brush gaurd I am throwing on it as soon as I bend the light gaurds (off a dodge but bolts onto my 88 F150) unfortunetly no pics right now. I am going to keep the fender flares.

For the Bronco 2 Oh boy lets start with that. So either the tempature gauge broke or it decided to stop overheating or worse hopefully it is the 2nd haven't checked just keep driving it. Anyways I have been driving it daily and I ended up breaking the headlight switch on it but my brother says it was already broken so soon I am going to check if it is on the parts bronco and if so put it on our bronco. But I did run into a bigger problem the oil pressure started getting really high one day so the other day after talking to Gigger I decided to check the oil somebody nobody wants to admit to it put 1-2 quarts of oil way to much. So tomorrow I am going to look at it again because my dad brought something up is there water in the oil???? I am hoping it doesn't but who knows. If not then just going to drain some of it out and see if that helps. Other then that I am getting to love this old rat trap. I guess I have to because I am insured to drive this truck. For the speedometer it is working but low (not sure if I said this) so going to take the old gear off the old cable (thanks to advice frome dustybumpers) and put it on and put it in and see if it works.
sorry for my idiot brother in the pic:

As for the 89 F250 flatbed and 97 Expedition I haven't done anything to them as I haven't had time or money to work on the 89 F250 and nothing wrong really with the Expy. I haven't been interested to work on the 85 Chevy van. And the harley I am still bouncing around getting parts.

For the 84 Bronco 2 parts truck I got all the front brakes off just in time too. I might have to put them on the good bronco as they are going. Also got the back rear window out (the ones behind the doors). Planning on taking the front tow bar hitch off and putting it on ours depending on how hard it will be as they welded it. Other then that not much done on that. Now I wish me and my buddy hadn't cut the front bra to get the bumper I think it would look good on our bronco 2.
Only pics I have of the parts B2 right now (before I got wheels brakes and window out):

Thats all I got done so far as I have been dealing with the house and I had a horse get attacked by coyotes and ended up passing away.
Trav

Old 01-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Today got roof rack, left tail light, headlight switch ***, jack, jack cover, rear carpet and checked the front brakes. Front brakes are good on the Bronco 2 so it must be the rears going. I also cleaned the inside out better. Oh ya almost forgot drained some of the oil out the pan it was overfilled will have to check soon if that fixed the oil pressure problem.

Also got the 89 F250s front white spoke wheels on that was a fun project. Plan on getting more stuff done on the trucks tomorrow or monday. Will get pics up tomorrow or tuesday.
Trav

Old 01-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Here are the new pictures along with some extras:
Trav
First of the parts on the Bronco 2:

this is where the jack and jack cover is it is right behind the passanger door:

the baby moon is off right now had to use my spare tire but not in the pic:

the 89 F250 4x4 with the white spoke wheels:

the Expedition and Bronco 2:

the 86 F150 and Bronco 2 I think they kinda look the same:

The 86 F150 about halfway down the new lot been fencing the new lot:

and at the end of the lot with the 86 the pic above was yesterday evening this picture is today about 5 o clock behind the truck is my nieghbors tractor not sure if you can see it:

Old 01-23-2013, 10:38 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
ok so today we got a key made for me for the Bronco 2 so I don't have to keep borrowing it from my dad. Also test drove it started up and drove fine no scrapping noise so the rear end isn't messed up. Next pay day the 1st we will be getting an EGR Valve for the 97 Expedition we don't need emissions wise but I am tired of that darn check engine light staying on and autozone, carquest, Napa, and Checkers all say EGR Valve is bad. Not to bad of a project. Also going to talk my dad into getting the lights for the 89 F250 flatbed so I can get it road legal and later get a battery and fire her up. Not much will be done in the next few days planning my birthday party.
Trav

Old 01-24-2013, 08:21 AM
WADE MMT/PSD
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That fleet of yours is looking good Trav Those white spokes look right at home on the flat bed
What times the party bud

Old 01-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
I agree about the white spokes I love that look it is awesome. thanks for the comment also Wade. The party is all day saturday I am celebrating 2 birthdays mine and a good friends.
Trav

Old 01-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
ok so today before my birthday party I ran to the nieghbors for a diffrent reason entirely but me and my dad had him tack weld the 86 F150s tailgate it was opening up so you could see the inside so we clamped it shut and welded it closes and opens 10xs better. Also got word from a buddy he has 2 235 75 R15 tires that are almost brand new he will sell to us so I might get them and put them on the Bronco 2. Also fixed the Bronco 2s idling problem yesterday again another throttle cable clip problem so put one on from the parts B2. Other then that not much the nieghbor and my buddy who came over for the party all agree the trucks are looking great (but of course don't want to admit better looking then there Chevys they will learn over time). The past 2 days been helping my nieghbor work on his new Chevy he got a great deal on (free 98 Chevy 2500 4x4 extended cab).
Trav

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 8 Vehicles 1 build thread! (Pics for sure)