What did you do to the Bronco Today? - Page 220 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the Bronco Today?

Old 02-14-2017, 09:58 PM
Senior User

MonroeHandyMan is starting off with a positive reputation.
After work, we pulled the upper intake plenum off my 90 Bronco XLT Plow truck, unbolted the engine and lifted it halfway up to make room to pull the rusted oil pan which was leaking bad even after we had it welded. We got it out, and cleaned the oil pickup tube out good, put the new pan in place, we will finish it off tomorrow hopefully. I took the opportunity to clean out the throttle body, IAC, change out the TPS since its on the bottom and hard to get to and plus the truck dies out at cold starts here and there and idles high, so maybe this will help. I painted the plenum and throttle body as well.

Side Note:
We tried the JB weld on the oil pan, we tried the Permatex Grey Right Stuff with the Shop Vac trick we saw on Youtube on the oil fill so no oil drips out of the pan during preparation and this is the worst thing you can do. First off, it will fail, if not immediately, very quickly and the worst part about it was, when I pulled the oil pan, there was so much Permatex stuck in the oil pick up screen which got sucked in somehow. DONT DO THIS! Take the time and do it right. It probably took us all of 2 hours to pull the upper plenum, disconnect what we needed and get the pan out with some patience. We might need another 2 hours to put it everything back in place tomorrow, but then thats it, its done. Do it right one time and be done!

On my 96 Bronco XLT 5.0 I changed out the Purge canister solenoid thinking this would shut off my C/E light and replaced the gas cap. Light came right back on after maybe 5 miles of driving...
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2017, 02:45 PM
Junior User

martinbarrio is starting off with a positive reputation.
replaced rear and cargo area carpet

hello guys well i got to taking the rear seat out ripped all the carpet and insulation out. to my surprise there wasn't much rust as i expected , but i decided to sand all of the floor to remove all of the old paint and what ever rust was underneath. I also removed the side panels as they were in bad shape i will replace those later on. As of right now i'm ready for some Zero Rust paint to stop any future rust.
Attached Images

Last edited by martinbarrio; 02-28-2017 at 02:48 PM. Reason: pic problems
Old 03-04-2017, 09:38 PM
The Southernmost Mod

Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.
Tried a second distributor just to find out the idiot who sold me the part sent me a 351 Distributor, even after I literally confirmed with him 3 times about the distributor being for a 302 since the 351 one wouldn't fit (and boy that was fun to try)...
Old 03-06-2017, 12:41 AM
Junior User

carpet install cargo area

after sanding the floor and the sides i painted everything with Zero Rust paint to protect the metal from rusting , i have had really good results in other projects with this paint. then i laid some sound deadener from LMC it went on easy. Put on the new carpet from LMC and reinstalled the seat finally looking good. its the little stuff that takes the most time like sanding and painting the seat brackets and all the seat hardware but the end result is really satisfying

Attached Images

Old 03-06-2017, 05:38 PM
New User

Joe Robertson is starting off with a positive reputation.
Waited extremely impatiently. Got her at the shop getting 2 skyjacker installed and new shoes....33 Mickey Thompsons and 17 wheels. Come on Wednesday!
Old 03-06-2017, 08:27 PM
Junior User

please post some pictures when you get her back
Old 03-06-2017, 08:32 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbarrio View Post
please post some pictures when you get her back
I certainly will.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:32 PM
Junior User

black & blue 78/9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Drove it a looooooooooong ways

Left Wednesday evening from Wyoming and drove all night to Bowie,TX to pickup my daughters Toyota mini motorhome. Loaded it on a car trailer and drove back to Wyoming all night in time to be to work by noon Friday. It is a looooooooooong drive when you can not drive over 53mph.
The motorhome swayed to much while on the car hauler. (4 tire) Over 1600 miles in less than 41 hours.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:28 PM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by black & blue 78/9 View Post
Left Wednesday evening from Wyoming and drove all night to Bowie,TX to pickup my daughters Toyota mini motorhome. Loaded it on a car trailer and drove back to Wyoming all night in time to be to work by noon Friday. It is a looooooooooong drive when you can not drive over 53mph.
The motorhome swayed to much while on the car hauler. (4 tire) Over 1600 miles in less than 41 hours.

not bad i only wish i could take it in a long drive bu she is not ready for some long trips like that. the farthest i've been has been 100 miles , I didn't have any problems but was a bit nervous.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:51 PM
The Southernmost Mod

Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.
Tried to start the Bronco once again, it didn't start... Any insight?: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-galore-3.html
Old 03-28-2017, 10:00 PM
Postmaster

mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.mountain dewd has a spectacular reputation.
Replaced cap and rotor, and filled it with 6 quarts of Schaeffer's 10w 30.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:01 PM
New User

well got the wheels and tires now waiting impatiently for tranny rebuild

Old 04-13-2017, 11:39 PM
Posting Legend

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Got the broken bolt out so I could get the torsion bar in the tailgate hooked up. What a difference that makes. Can lift the tailgate easily with one hand now.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:07 PM
Senior User

MadMatt65 has a good reputation on FTE.MadMatt65 has a good reputation on FTE.MadMatt65 has a good reputation on FTE.
Got tired of the cheap Advance Auto Parts rear view mirrors falling off of my new windshield. Got a Ford mirror off Ebay for $38. Oh yea.....I mentioned a new windshield. A big truck lugnut about came through the windshield!!!
Still fighting the pulling when braking
Old 05-11-2017, 01:32 PM
New User

thequietman45 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cheaper than a new raptor

1995 EB 5.8 now with MAF, E4OD, 4" lift new springs, 4:10 rear 4:09front, 33 12.50 15 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3.

Installed a punisher valve body, new filter and pan with drain plug