Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the Bronco Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 03:54 PM
gatorfor88
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I checked fluids today. Was about 1/2 quart low on oil. Not too bad since its been 6 months since oil change. Before any1 goes all freaked out about that,I use mobil1 synthetic. Good for 15,000 miles or a year.Tranny was about the same. I have a small leak between tranny/transfer case. I'll live with it for a while. I have a brake fluid leak I have never run into before. It is leaking out the master cylinder cover. Has a new master cylinder and I changed gasket on it about 2 months ago. I am not sure if brake booster would have anything to do with that or not. That is the only major component that isnt new. I have never run into a master cylinder pushing fluid out like this. If it continues I will pull it off and exchange it. Probably should have went with a raybestos instead of damn duralast.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:49 PM
hullfm
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gatorfor88
I checked fluids today. Was about 1/2 quart low on oil. Not too bad since its been 6 months since oil change. Before any1 goes all freaked out about that,I use mobil1 synthetic. Good for 15,000 miles or a year.Tranny was about the same. I have a small leak between tranny/transfer case. I'll live with it for a while. I have a brake fluid leak I have never run into before. It is leaking out the master cylinder cover. Has a new master cylinder and I changed gasket on it about 2 months ago. I am not sure if brake booster would have anything to do with that or not. That is the only major component that isnt new. I have never run into a master cylinder pushing fluid out like this. If it continues I will pull it off and exchange it. Probably should have went with a raybestos instead of damn duralast.
i put a duralast on mine too and noticed the top clamp dosen't have much clamping pressure on it maybe you are having the same problem although mine is not leaking but if it does thats what i would look at , Im not complaining too much though 19.95 out the door and i just had to buy one for my wifes Jeep and it was like 60 bucks and i had to change the resevour its amazing how cheep you can still get parts for these things

Old 11-30-2013, 09:57 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by gatorfor88
People freak out about 6 months? Dang, I better not say how long it's been for me.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:37 PM
ZombieSlayer
Posting Guru
Noticed a new little puddle today Looks like the trans cooler is leaking somewhere. Saw something I didn't like at all while poking around under there ... my front motor mounts are shot

Old 12-01-2013, 01:57 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
I have cheap oil in mine, but it has only been in for 3 months, and maybe 1,500 miles. When I put an additional 4,500 miles on it, I'll change it. Of course, I checked it the other day and it was 2 quarts low, so maybe I will just change the filter in another couple of months, and keep adding oil to it. LOL

Jim

Old 12-01-2013, 03:56 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
My truck is regularly 1.5 to 2.5 quarts low, and I haven't changed the oil in about a year I'd guess. Sure some may say I don't care about truck or something like that but you'd be wrong. I'm just now on my feet with a job and there are other pressing matters that need my attention before an oil change. Chances are ill probably get around to it in summer or spring.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Since mine seems to be leaking it at a rate of a quart a month, I see no need to change my oil since it does it by itself, so I will just change the filter every 6 months and continue on my way. It is not burning it, which is a surprise considering it has 240k on the odometer. Of course, I have no way of knowing if this is the original engine or not.

Jim

Old 12-01-2013, 10:59 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Mine burns a little oil on start up but nothing super crazy, it mostly leaks out the rear main into the bell housing and onto the ground. I need to get that fixed...

Old 12-01-2013, 02:09 PM
ZombieSlayer
Posting Guru
Mine leaks a little from the oil filter mount. Filter is on tight, so not sure why it's leaking

Old 12-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
My brakes aren't putting much pressure... so I'm kind of screwed. I think it's the lines, but I've found no leaks so far.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:47 PM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
Could be the brake booster which provides the brakes with vaccum which comes from the engine.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Which one is that? the round one? I've heard it has a membrane that can break, either that or the Hydrovac.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:54 PM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
its what the master cylinder bolts up to

Old 12-08-2013, 08:37 PM
mtman97123
New User
Driver's Seat Repair

Driver's seat was sitting in my garage so I decided to see how comfy it was. The seat had been removed from the BKO and the frame was taken down to my buddy to weld up the tab that rusted and broke off. Thought that was why the seat was rocking all over. Well sitting in it without a frame revealed that something was wrong in the seat itself. Took it to my upholstery guy and had him remove the beat up original seat cover so we could find the problem. I thought the frame was broke...and it was. The crossbar at the front of the bottom cushion was broke away on both sides. So we will cut away some of the foam, clean up some of the rusty bits and weld it up. That's this week's project while we crawl out of these freezing temps in the NW.

Found the original cloth material (SURPRISE) so I will order that up and order some black vinyl, too.

Rear Brake parts also came in from Rock Auto but too derned cold to stay outside and replace!

I need a SHOP!!!

Old 12-09-2013, 04:30 AM
gatorfor88
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It was a brisk 73 here yesterday. Brrrrrrrrrrr

Quick Reply: What did you do to the Bronco Today?