6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 08:16 PM
kips
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Memorial Day!

received this from a vendor. A good read indeed. Happy Memorial Day folks!

[img]blob:https://www.ford-trucks.com/f41d7548-718b-4bb4-a0bd-cbe217e1f4c5[/img]Each year, Memorial Day reminds us that freedom truly is not free. The three-day weekend gives us a pause to reflect and to realize that many paid with their lives for our freedom. In remembrance of the fallen troops who died in service, the last Monday on May marks a time of giving thanks and being grateful. It is a time of remembering the great sacrifice of the fallen soldiers.

Sometimes, it seems as if surprisingly many people have forgotten what the actual purpose behind Memorial Day is. To them, Memorial Day is a three-day weekend that is all about having barbecues and getting great shopping deals.

Memorial Day, however, is much more than a welcome opportunity to hunt for great deals in your local mall. The holiday helps us to remember how privileged we really are. It shows us that millions fought for the peace and freedom we can enjoy in our lives. Memorial Day also reminds us how precious freedom is and that it needs to be guarded closely.

[img]blob:https://www.ford-trucks.com/83c7883f-3465-47a0-af08-9cf084822695[/img]

Memorial Day: 7 Historical Facts About the Holiday

1. Decoration Day

Though Memorial Day is a staple of the holiday calendar now, it wasn't always called that. During the Civil War, people decorated the graves of fallen soldiers on what became known at the time as "Decoration Day." Still, nobody knows for sure when and where the first Decoration Day actually occurred, with several cities angling for the title. A ceremony at the cemetery at Gettysburg honored the dead in 1863, while women in Boalsburg, Pennsylvania, placed flowers on the graves of fallen soldiers on Independence Day in 1864. Confederate women in South Carolina were honoring their dead with grave flowers as early as 1861. Other places that claim to have hosted the first Decoration Day are Savanna, Georgia, and Warrenton, Virginia.

2. National observance

A century after the first Decoration Day celebration, President Lyndon B. Johnson settled the debate — in the official record at least — when he signed a proclamation decreeing that the holiday got its start 100 years earlier in Waterloo, New York. In Johnson's rendering, a Waterloo resident named Henry Welles decided to memorialize local fallen soldiers by decorating their graves at three different cemeteries in the area. A local war hero described the commemoration to Gen. John Alexander Logan, who made it a national day of remembrance first observed on May 30, 1868.

3. First speech

The first Memorial Day speech was given by James A. Garfield, then an Ohio congressman, at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia in 1868. (The day was still known as Decoration Day.) Garfield, a former Union general, would go on to become the 20th president of the United States, though he would die from an assassin's bullet just 200 days into his first term.

4. Separate holidays

The Union lost about 360,000 soldiers during the war, compared to the 260,000 who died in the South. For decades, the South shunned the Union's Memorial Day celebrations, instead observing its own separate holiday to honor Confederate war dead till after World War I, when Memorial Day was expanded to remember the dead from all United States conflicts. Several southern states still celebrate Confederate Memorial Day, although the holiday occurs on April 26, May 10, May 30 or June 2, depending on the state. The holiday is not without controversy, however, with some arguing that it glorifies a part of American history dedicated to preserving slavery.

5. Unofficial holiday

The holiday's Decoration Day moniker lingered until 1882, but the day wasn't an official holiday until 1967. The holiday was held on May 30 until 1971, when Congress fixed the date as the last Monday in May. The holiday was officially renamed Memorial Day in 1967, when President Johnson signed legislation to that effect.

6. Many casualties

More than 150 years later, the Civil War remains the United States' deadliest conflict. More than 620,000 people died during the war. Most of the casualties occurred as a result of disease, rather than as a direct result of injuries. The second deadliest conflict was World War II, in which more than 400,000 American soldiers lost their lives.

7. Weekend plans

Memorial Day weekend getaways have become an American tradition in their own right. According to the American Automobile Association, more than 36 million people will hit the roads this holiday weekend and drive more than 50 miles (80 kilometers) to another destination. Grilling may not have been part of the original Memorial Day celebrations, but it's now a fixture of the holiday. Memorial Day is now the second-most popular holiday (after the Fourth of July) for a sun-baked barbecue: 53 percent of people grill on the holiday, according to the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:18 PM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Painted Horse
Great looking truck Dim, Of course I'm partial to the Ruby Red.
I've been drooling over your truck since you got it. I'm very partial to Ruby Red and the color alone was a significant reason for the purchase. I can't get enough of this color.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:22 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 79 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Right on Monty Trent & Mom ........ best of luck to him
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Yippeeeee……….

Congrats to Trent and Mom and Dad...…….
Originally Posted by elee3
Monty, Congratulations are in order for Trent and his parents. While he did the hard work, it takes a good support system to push through the adversity. You and your wife have obviously done a wonderful job raising a fine young man. I know you are proud, and rightly so.
Originally Posted by Iowa Ford
Congrats on Trent's High School graduation, Monty !!

Thanks to ALL our Veterans !
Thank you all for the congrats. We are super proud, but of course, we are every day.

Steve, beautiful truck!

Old 05-26-2018, 09:44 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,670 Likes on 2,741 Posts
Monty, congratulations to you and your son. To miss that much school and still graduate and with honors is very impressive.

Old 05-27-2018, 04:47 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 79 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
Monty, congratulations to you and your son. To miss that much school and still graduate and with honors is very impressive.
Thank you Jim. He really worked hard to get it all caught up that is for sure.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:03 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,988 Likes on 1,595 Posts
Steve...… Pretty Truck.....

Maybe this winter DC will get 4 feet of snow and you can have Fun with it......

Old 05-27-2018, 06:06 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,988 Likes on 1,595 Posts
Finished the new flooring in the Raptor today...……

The hole in the middle is the start of the cutout for the heat vent.....

Old 05-27-2018, 06:53 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,623 Likes on 1,643 Posts
Good morning, crew!
Time for a little humor.
A young newlywed couple wanted to join a church. The pastor told them, “We have special requirements for new parishioners. You must abstain from having sex for two weeks.”

The couple agreed and came back at the end of two weeks. The pastor asked them, “Well, were you able to get through the two weeks without being intimate?”

“Pastor, I’m afraid we were not able to go without sex for the two weeks,” the young man admitted.

“What happened?” inquired the pastor.

“My wife was reaching for a can of corn on the top shelf and dropped it. When she bent over to pick it up, I was over come with lust and took advantage of her right there.”

“You understand, of course, that this means you will not be welcome in our church,” stated the pastor.

“That’s okay,” said the young man. “We’re not welcome at the grocery store anymore either.”

Have a great day, my friends. Later.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:04 AM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Monty, congrats to Trent on graduating with honors after missing that much time! Thats a lot of time and a big accomplishment to make it all up.

John, I'll take the Utah scenery over Myrtle beach any day. Great pics as always.

Steve, good to see you back from the dark side! The little one are fun but it they are work! She'll be up and going soon and then it's even crazier!

Good joke Don!

Been a while since I posted over here. Been going non stop since the weekend before Easter with yard work. Have everything that's getting graded and reseeded for the summer done. 4 yards of topsoil down and the grass apoears to be doing very well so far. I have been watering religiously when it hasn't rained, but luckily it's been a very wet spring. On the other hand the wet spring has been horrible for using the new zero turn. Ground is just too damn wet. Finally got on it yesterday and looking nice again. Lots of people around here have totally trashed thier yards mowing when it's too wet. Did have one little incident last weekend and sink the ZTR in the ditch. On that note, I've ordered it' first mod today, a Grassflap foot controlled chute blocker, tired of getting yelled at for grass in flowerbeds!. Picked up 5 yards of mulch yesterday, got about 1 yard spread so far. Rainout today.

Michael is almost 22 months now and the ride is still pretty nuts. He just goes and goes and goes. Took him camping last weekend for the first trip of the year, went to the buttery atrium at Hershey gardens and did the chocolate world ride at Hershey park. He enjoyed both. He's definatly getting a bit more civilized and you can actually reason with him some, which is nice. Less than a month we head to Lake George in NY. Stole Rodneys favorite site for the week! Still working on a way to bike with Mikey, tried a front mounted seat but won't work on any if my 3 bikes. Believe I will order a trailer before we go to NY. Watching CL and Facebook for a used one close by if nothing pops soon I'll just go new. Know exactly what I want/ need.

Final note, thank you to all those who have and are currently serving!

Old 05-27-2018, 09:09 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Good one Don !

Old 05-27-2018, 09:13 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Dim Sum
Well, I have to update my signature. Its been a few years since I bought a new truck and Ford sent me the 3k PCO rebate. Combined with the other rebates and this truck being a leftover 2017, I couldn't walk away.

Used prices on diesel trucks are amazing. I can't believe people pay them and the trade offer they gave me on my 2015 Ram is criminal. I drove that truck for 3 1/2 years and took less than 8k depreciation. Talk about amazing. I lost more in tires, maintenance and modifications than I did on the truck's loss in value.

I asked Rodney last week what he thought about his truck and he gave some great advice. I appreciate you spending the time to respond to me.

I only have the 1 photo for now. Having an 8 month old in the house means I don't have free time anymore. So far so good, I put about 50 miles on her test driving her. First think I'll do is I've ordered the 2 inch blocks for the back. Ford made these trucks too tall for parking garages. Interior quality doesn't match the Ram Longhorn, but the driving dynamics sure do blow the Dodge out of the water.
Great choice and great pic !
Thanks for sharing, Steve !

Old 05-27-2018, 01:15 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,545 Likes on 1,414 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
Good morning guys!

Owen (the Life Scout starting his Eagle project this weekend) went to Drexel Building Supply yesterday. to solicit financial help for his project. Wifey works there as a kitchen and bath designer. The Manager listened to Owen's "pitch" and considered his question for a discount on the materials. He said no discount. He wanted to donate ALL the materials. There is a reason Drexel has won best place to work at in Wisconsin 2 years in a row! Thank you very much for the generosity! This donation is worth over $800! This means the other money he has saved for the project will go towards water and pizza for the crew helping!

I'll take lots of pics. It will be pretty cool to say we have 2 Eagle Scouts in our house Dad's getting excited!
That's pretty darn cool Andre!

Old 05-27-2018, 01:37 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Dim Sum
Well, I have to update my signature. Its been a few years since I bought a new truck and Ford sent me the 3k PCO rebate. Combined with the other rebates and this truck being a leftover 2017, I couldn't walk away.

Used prices on diesel trucks are amazing. I can't believe people pay them and the trade offer they gave me on my 2015 Ram is criminal. I drove that truck for 3 1/2 years and took less than 8k depreciation. Talk about amazing. I lost more in tires, maintenance and modifications than I did on the truck's loss in value.

I asked Rodney last week what he thought about his truck and he gave some great advice. I appreciate you spending the time to respond to me.

I only have the 1 photo for now. Having an 8 month old in the house means I don't have free time anymore. So far so good, I put about 50 miles on her test driving her. First think I'll do is I've ordered the 2 inch blocks for the back. Ford made these trucks too tall for parking garages. Interior quality doesn't match the Ram Longhorn, but the driving dynamics sure do blow the Dodge out of the water.
Congratulations Steve! That's a good looking truck!

Old 05-27-2018, 01:41 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Originally Posted by golfmedik
Looking good Roy! It should have looked that way form the factory!

Last night was the end of high school for Trent. It poured down for almost an hour to start the graduation ceremony, almost 1.5" of rain in the stadium, but they got it in. Lots of kids painted their caps, so Trent wanted to do something that meant something to him. So, he put the number "51" on the top of his. It's for the 51 complete days of school he missed due to sickness in his senior year and still graduated with Honors. As you can bet, proud parents here!

Congrats To Trent! And also to you and your wife. That kind of thing doesn't happen without good parenting, I don't believe. Good Job!

Old 05-27-2018, 01:49 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Roy, The Raptor is looking good! You must be serious about selling it this summer. What is the dimensions of the Garage? And how much are you asking for it? You can PM if you want, I don't want to get in trouble on here. I'll put the word out, I have a bunch of buddies that ride 4 wheelers. You never know.

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most