6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 06:03 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 500 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by P4IN COMM4NDO
So it's been a while since I've stopped in which I guess is a good thing. Haven't had to use the buckZooka in a long time. I'm not even gonna try to catch up with the couple hundred pages I missed.

Anyhow this happened a few days ago....]
Holy crap!
What happened? Everybody alright...aside from some hogs.....?

Old 09-19-2017, 07:26 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Chad, I was wondering the same as you ??

Old 09-19-2017, 08:52 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 500 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa Ford
Chad, I was wondering the same as you ??
Maybe it's going legal and can't say much...

I saw Andre 's truck had a recall over water pumps launched today. Apparently he wasn't the only one.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:39 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Chad149
Holy crap!
What happened? Everybody alright...aside from some hogs.....?
Yikes! Hope everyone is OK.

Andre, congrats to Owen!

Howdy Chad.

I am stuck in fort mac. Should have known better and brought an overnight bag....

Have a good night everyone!

Old 09-19-2017, 11:51 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,989 Likes on 1,596 Posts
Originally Posted by darren32
Yikes! Hope everyone is OK.

Andre, congrats to Owen!

Howdy Chad.

I am stuck in fort mac. Should have known better and brought an overnight bag....

Have a good night everyone!
Is Fort Mac near Fort Cheese.......

Old 09-20-2017, 01:26 AM
P4IN COMM4NDO
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone came out of it just fine. . . Vets did have to put down quite a few hogs just to be fair to them after all the stress they'd been thru.

Not entirely sure what happened. At first everyone was just telling me I was going too fast thru the curve, well I had a dash cam and GPS log of my speed, camera shows near perfect driving and GPS shows me at 28mph when I lost control in a 35 advisory curve.

Footage shows me following the curve, then all of a sudden the truck pulls hard right and you can hear the driveshafts getting kinked up.

the way that curve banks all the weight gets put on those right drive axles, the front drive on the right side shifted back towards the rear. So we are assuming that something was wearing out and then it got the weight put on it and it couldn't take it and slid around. Between the angle it was sitting and the fact that it ate I to the tire behind it as well as hitting the trailer it would've been enough to steer me off the road.

It's a pretty steep ditch bank too so as soon as my steer drifted over I had no where to go.

Thank God I walked away from it with only a burn on my left arm from falling out of the seatbelt that was draped over me, but not properly secured... I was thrown from the truck on the way over, landed in poison oak so that was really the worst of my injuries. Did have some glass in my underwear lol

Anyhow. Happened pretty fast. All I felt was the left side starting to lift off and by then it was too late.

So basically they are saying it wasnt because of my driving that caused it but they told me a few things that would've probably pulled the truck straight but that's all experience related.

So I look up and I'm looking back at the cab, was pretty disoriented obviously lol. It was like a movie, there was like a fog from all the fluids burning off and whatnot, hogs screaming, my vision was a little blurry, my hearing was jacked up. Took a couple to figure out where I was. Reached back in the cab and turned the engine off, grabbed my phone and crawled up to the road where the trailer split and called 911.

When the paramedics came they ran right past me asking people if they knew how the driver was doing and if he had made it out lol. Finally got them to figure out it was me. Got my burn cleaned out of all the seatbelt fibers. The one guy went down to the wreckage to make sure I was the only one. Came back and basically told me to go to the hospital. He said he did not believe I made it out of there without hitting something or internal bleeding. So I did a CAT scan and X-rays and they couldn't find anything wrong with me. Let me leave, went back to the wreck and that's when I really realized what I had been allowed to walk away from. . . I mean there is no space on the driver's seat, they should have been scraping my brains out of the bunk and trying to unbend the steering wheel from where it would've clipped my legs. Anyhow took a day off then got going again lol. Waiting for insurance to process so I can get another truck with a sleeper cuz trying to nap in a daycab suxxx.

Please do not repost the pictures

Old 09-20-2017, 07:26 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Thanks for the update on your pics. Glad you walked away !
That vision in your head just as the truck was tipping will never fade.
I have two of them. It's not a bad thing, just keeps ya from doing silly stuff sometimes.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:21 AM
P4IN COMM4NDO
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah no kidding man. I've never remembered anything so vividly. And the noise too. All that fiberglass cracking, glass shattering, the metal from the trailer getting wrapped up in the trees.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:05 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,989 Likes on 1,596 Posts
You know.........There are better ways to have an adventure.......

Really, Happy all is well. Dash cam came in handy !!
I need to get mind operational.....

Old 09-20-2017, 08:41 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,109 Likes on 560 Posts
Amazing you walked away from that wreckage!

Old 09-20-2017, 09:41 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Have fun Darren... Could be worse...

Got a cargo trailer question. I have regular Torsion axles (dual) and the trailer is empty except for a spare tire in it. Should I jack up the trailer at all to prevent the tires from flat spotting? There are no liquid lines in it, so not worried about that part of winterizing... It is parked on gravel/sand if that makes a difference... I could put it on 2 x8 pieces of wood, but not sure that would make a difference.

I was going to sell it, but kinda thinking that it is handy to have around...

Old 09-20-2017, 09:44 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by P4IN COMM4NDO
So it's been a while since I've stopped in which I guess is a good thing. Haven't had to use the buckZooka in a long time. I'm not even gonna try to catch up with the couple hundred pages I missed.

Anyhow this happened a few days ago

OUCH! Glad you are still able to post.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:55 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ouch Dude!
You seem to have an apt screen name!

Evening one and all....I'm back for a little bit anyway, been a long few months. Stayed on the last job 28 days, got 5 days home, back out again.....getting too old for this....ah....Stuff.

Hope everyone is doing well, I'm on a location with some internet access, albeit very limited bandwidth. The internet on the last several locations have been just to slow to even bother with. Anyway, no way I can catch up, again, hope everyone is fairing well.

Old 09-21-2017, 07:52 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Good morning guys !
Howdy Mitch Good to see you around. That work schedule sounds horrible, Vicki is going to have a huge list for you !!

Old 09-21-2017, 08:38 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,625 Likes on 1,643 Posts
Good morning, crew !!
So, is doing something *new* for 2018 in their SD lineup?? Yesterday we went over to Bullhead City, AZ and saw a bunch of new SD's all lined up with some huge azz trailers ready to pull the "Davis Dam" hill. I couldn't just stop to take a few pics, so............ I guess we have to wait and see when they release them.
All is well here in sunny AZ; and hope all is well with all of you.later.

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most