6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 08:06 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,988 Likes on 1,595 Posts
Doug.....Behavior problems pretty much do not exist at this school.....

That is why I would not teach/help out in the public schools.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:13 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Doug.....Behavior problems pretty much do not exist at this school.....

That is why I would not teach/help out in the public schools.
That is understandable. We did have the occasional hoodlum at the private school where I attended a couple of years - and I can assure you, it was NOT me. I waited until the Bees to start raising any hell.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:18 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,621 Likes on 1,643 Posts
The Story of Adam & Eve's Dog

Adam and Eve said, 'Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you anymore. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us.'

And God said, I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves.'

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve.

And it was a good animal and God was pleased.

And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.

And Adam said, 'Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal.'

And God said, 'I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG.'

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them.

And they were comforted.

And God was pleased.

And Dog was content and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, 'Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like pea***** and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well.'

And God said, I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration.'

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.

And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings.

And Adam and Eve learned humility.

And they were greatly improved.

And God was pleased...

And Dog was happy.

And Cat . . .

Didn’t give a **** one way or the other.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:27 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
That pretty much sums it up Don!! Awesome!

Old 03-28-2017, 08:42 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's up Deplorables?
Finally made it home Sunday evening, long 3 weeks. Passed out on the couch about an hour after getting home, think I slept a good 12 hours till the Warden made me go get in the bed. Spent most of yesterday just laying around. Starting to get rough burning the candle at both ends.....heading to Houma, La in the morning for "safety" classes all freaking day

Anyway, looks like everybody is doing fairly well. See you're back on the Vampire shift Doug, chit gets old too, I'm sure. Working nights offshore isn't bad, most of the folks are in bed so you have less BS to deal with, just getting your clock reset sux. Since the downturn, I'm usually flying Solo so, I get to 'round clock it, the older I get, the harder it gets!
Well, I'm done whining now, y'all have a good one!

Old 03-28-2017, 08:55 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Howdy Mitch! I also prefer nights for the peace and quiet, but rotating shifts is a requirement on our schedule and keeps my body clock messed up. It gets tougher as the years wear on. I was so tired Sunday night that I fell asleep in my recliner at 19:00, with my dog on my lap and a TV show going that I really wanted to watch. I went to bed at 20:00, and slept until 07:00 Monday morning. The transition from days to nights isn't helped at all by having gone to bed at 23:00 Monday night and getting up at 07:00 this morning. I will be looking forward to giving my pillow some head at 04:15 tomorrow.

Try not to sleep too much through your safety meeting! Glad you made it home safely.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:34 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Doug.

I've been busy with tax season. I feel like an idiot truck shopping right now.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:39 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
At some point soon, we will have to start shopping for a vehicle. Since she doesn't know what she wants, what type, what brand, etc, we may have to do LOTS of looking. Thankfully, I know what I want for when the time comes for me to replace my truck in a few years.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:14 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
No reason to buy anything but a

I'd been vacillating between the 5.0 and a 3.5 for a while. IMO both are fine engines that beat the pants off the competition. I don't need a one ton anymore, and these newer halfs have almost the same towing capacity as my old 92.

I've decided to go with the 5.0, even though it doesn't make the low end torque of the Egoboost, I want to enjoy one last V8 while it's still available. Plenty of time for hairdryers on V6's in the future.

Most likely going to get an XLT Supercab and it'll damn well be 4WD, which makes it a damn unicorn here in Las Vegas. All the trucks here are 2WD. I was on a lot the other day that only had 2WD pickups. They had 1 4WD and it was a Titan. No thanks.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:25 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,566 Likes on 731 Posts
Drive up to St George and buy a truck off a Utah dealer. Lots of 4x4s only 100 miles away

Old 03-28-2017, 10:28 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
My wife is currently in a 2007 GMC half ton gasser with over 250,000 miles. I would say she has had good luck with that truck and gotten her money's worth. I will let her decide what she gets as a DD, and her truck will be relegated to ranch duties almost exclusively.
When my time comes in a couple of years, it will still be a one ton Diesel.
If I were buying an F-150 though, I would also spec the 5.0. Then I would add a supercharger.
If that truck is a unicorn, will you have to order, or just spend more time looking?

Old 03-28-2017, 10:30 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,566 Likes on 731 Posts
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee

Jon, I was disappointed that season 2 has come to an end so soon. My wife and I have really enjoyed watching the guys at work and look forward to next season already. That '17 in your pic looks pretty slick!
They have filmed 16 episodes. They just split them into two season. So you will have a season 3 coming back on the air in the summer. I guess they decided it's better to show 8-10 shows this winter and then do some reruns and then pop some new shows in in the summer rather than wait an entire year before any new episodes show up.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:38 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Painted Horse
They have filmed 16 episodes. They just split them into two season. So you will have a season 3 coming back on the air in the summer. I guess they decided it's better to show 8-10 shows this winter and then do some reruns and then pop some new shows in in the summer rather than wait an entire year before any new episodes show up.
A better idea would be to film 46 shows, and show reruns for only 6 weeks.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:08 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 92F350CC
No reason to buy anything but a

I'd been vacillating between the 5.0 and a 3.5 for a while. IMO both are fine engines that beat the pants off the competition. I don't need a one ton anymore, and these newer halfs have almost the same towing capacity as my old 92.

I've decided to go with the 5.0, even though it doesn't make the low end torque of the Egoboost, I want to enjoy one last V8 while it's still available. Plenty of time for hairdryers on V6's in the future.

Most likely going to get an XLT Supercab and it'll damn well be 4WD, which makes it a damn unicorn here in Las Vegas. All the trucks here are 2WD. I was on a lot the other day that only had 2WD pickups. They had 1 4WD and it was a Titan. No thanks.
I really like my 5.0, for a half ton anyway. I've never even driven a Eco-Boost, so I have no opinion for or against. Seems to be a solid engine though. You'll be amazed at how refined the new trucks are though, it's still a tried and true body on frame truck, but rides and handles amazingly well.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:47 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 500 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by golfmedik
I asked for a Topside Creeper for my birthday, but didn't get it
if you make it to the GTG, my brother in law has one that's just at home in the way now that he's back in a service truck and out of the shop. He'll make you an offer you can't refuse.

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most