This is prolly a 1 page thread at most - Page 4636 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page > This is prolly a 1 page thread at most
Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Old 04-16-2018, 10:18 AM
Sailor_Roy
Montana Chapter LDR
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Nice movie Darren........

I see that you had fun this weekend.......

Old 04-16-2018, 12:03 PM
darren32
Post Fiend
darren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy View Post
Nice movie Darren........

I see that you had fun this weekend.......
Thanks Roy. It was a pretty good weekend.
How was yours?

Old 04-16-2018, 12:45 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Iowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputation
Cool Videos Darren !
Ground was white again the last 2 days, rain and cold, here.
Not much else going on that's exciting.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:36 PM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
EO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Painted Horse View Post
But my trailer does have a 30 gallon tank and I put 3 5 gallon jugs in the bed of the truck just in case
Neither of our trailers have onboard tanks. We are used to bringing pails of water with us - which is fine for a few hour trail ride. I'm looking into finding a tank to mount in the G/N trailer though - since we are planning to do the occasional overnighter in it. I'm not sure I want to haul enough water for the horses for the weekend in buckets. I haven't decided whether to use an RV style fresh tank mounted underneath, a corner mounted upright tank on the front wall, or a low profile tank mounted to either or both side running boards.

Darren, the slow-mo is pretty cool, but I'm more interested in the guns! Thank you for the ****.

Roy, is the baby doggie back from the vet yet?

Tim, go spread rock salt all over the fields to melt the snow so you can plant!

Old 04-16-2018, 05:48 PM
Painted Horse
Posting Guru
Painted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant futurePainted Horse has a brilliant future
Doug, Mine has a corner mount 30-35 gallon Upright tank that fits behind my swing out saddle rack, It's dead space I can't reach because of the saddle rack, So it's a good place for the water tank. I don't know, But have had a 35 gallon tank in the hay rack above the rear doors. That worked great because I could get enough of stream from the gravity flow to rinse off a sweaty horse after rides. I used that tank more for cleaning horses or washing my head after ride than I did for drinking water. (better than sticking your head in a bucket)

When I going for longer dry camps, I got two 15 gallon mini barrels from my Brother-in-law. He gets disinfectant in them for his milking machines. So he is throwing them away every month or two. Two mini-barrels fit end to end across the front of the bed laying on their side. That 30 with the 35 in the corner tanks lets me carry 65 gallons for horse water.

Thanks Roy for the Fix. But I'm not sure who all that booze is for. Even if I let my horses drink beer. 15 gallons is a lot

Old 04-16-2018, 05:56 PM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
EO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputationEO2SeaBee has a superb reputation
That would be nice Jon. I need to look into the mini-barrels. My brother offered me a 300 gallon tote that was used for fertilizer, but that is big time overkill, and would have to go in the bed of the truck. Having not measured the tote, I don't know if it would fit between the G/N and the front bed wall. We don't have a hay loft on ours, and where I would put a corner tank is actually in the front stall area, so a horse may very well be bumping into it from time to time. If I put it there, I will have to drill the wall to run the inlet and outlet valves outside the trailer, so the horse would see smooth construction in the corner. The two rear stalls are straight load. The front stall is side load and is 1.5 horses wide. Our saddle rack is in the front tack room, which we will turn into weekend quarters.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:06 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Iowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputationIowa Ford has a superb reputation
Doug, the 300 tote takes most of the bed, even with a LB truck.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:14 PM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
Originally Posted by Iowa Ford View Post
Doug, the 300 tote takes most of the bed, even with a LB truck.
Without taking any actual measurements, that was sorta my assumption. It would fit in the font of the trailer, but that much water is overkill on an epic scale. An extra 2,500 lbs won't help the truck or trailer either.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:21 PM
Sailor_Roy
Montana Chapter LDR
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Picked up Kimber from the Vet around 1600....... She was happy to see me....... but on the way home she puked on the back seat of the truck.... I think she was getting even with me.....

At home she puked aging in the middle of the living room....... Oh well.. Soap and water and pinesol.......

Old 04-16-2018, 09:09 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
That's too bad Roy
Your vet should have warned you of that.........
Hope tomorrow goes better for both you and Kimber !

Old 04-16-2018, 09:13 PM
golfmedik
Post Fiend
golfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputationgolfmedik has a superb reputation
IIRC, Northern Tool has water tanks from about 30g up to around 100. My buddy put a 55G between his 5th wheel hitch and the cab, wired up an RV water pump to it and put a spigot on it for deer hunting.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:57 PM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
Roy, it sounds like she was sent home a bit too soon after anesthesia.

Thanks for the suggestion Monty. It just happens that I brought the Northern Tool circular with me tonight, but I haven't yet opened it up. There's also a brick and mortar store within 30 min drive of the house I could check out at some point as well.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:11 PM
Sailor_Roy
Montana Chapter LDR
Hi Doug....Monty......Tim.....

Kimber has been outside a couple of times now.... Been drinking water. She is not very energetic......
I sit next to her and pet her....she seems happy for the attention.

It is bedtime for the old man........
See ya'll later.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:13 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Big day of opening presents ?

Old 04-16-2018, 11:28 PM
EO2SeaBee
Proudly Deplorable
I wish I was opening presents. I'm still trying to stabilize operations at the perfume factory though! In about 3 more hours, I really won't care again for a few days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: