6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 11:14 PM
Cajunboxer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Sir... Looking forward to new life in the GOM..... My 2 weeks at home, I seen a lot truck from Tanner Construction loaded down with mats. So that is a great sign, them making new location.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:30 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes sir, definetly a good thing, I've been in the oil patch just shy of 26 years and seen several up and down cycles, but this one has been the longest and most severe that I've experienced. I remember in '85 / '86 it getting pretty bad when my Dad was out here, but this last downturn has surpassed that.

I've done some work in your neck of the woods, several jobs there in Pine Prarie, Used to work with a welder from Eunice, Lolly Huval.... Boy, he was something, him!

Old 03-15-2017, 12:05 AM
Cajunboxer
Senior User
Originally Posted by RigTrash601
Yes sir, definetly a good thing, I've been in the oil patch just shy of 26 years and seen several up and down cycles, but this one has been the longest and most severe that I've experienced. I remember in '85 / '86 it getting pretty bad when my Dad was out here, but this last downturn has surpassed that.

I've done some work in your neck of the woods, several jobs there in Pine Prarie, Used to work with a welder from Eunice, Lolly Huval.... Boy, he was something, him!
I only been out here for 12 years. All in deep water production. I went through 08 but heard the stories of 85/86. I am the only one in my family that works in the oil field. I work for Citi Group for 5 years right out of school Geaux Tigers and we all know what happen in 04-05 with the housing market. I did mortgage, insurance and investments with them

I know a few Huval in Eunice. It's all some guys my father went to school and Vietnam with. I live 4 miles North of Eunice in Duralde

I also see some oil equipment movement around my camp in Kinder.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:13 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,625 Likes on 1,643 Posts
Mitch and Cajun, I know this is on-shore and nowhere near your neck of the woods, but here is a little clip from a local paper where I lived and worked in ND.
But I also see the oil price is really sliding right now.....off about 6 bucks from a week ago, so............. you know the rest of the story!!!

HELP WANTED: BAKKEN HIRING IN FULL SWING
Posted 3/14/17 (Tue)
By Jack Dura
Farmer Staff Writer

There’s a new energy in the Bakken oilfields.
Job openings in Divide, McKenzie and Williams counties are at a 17-month high with over 1,200 in February, including nearly 200 openings in construction and extraction, Job Service North Dakota reported in its February data.
Hydraulic fracturing, trucking, and heavy equipment positions, among others, are opening up as various service companies search for new hires.
“We are definitely starting to see an uptick in activity,” said Tessa Sandstrom, spokeswoman for the North Dakota Petroleum Council.

Here's hoping you guys can stay busy!

Old 03-15-2017, 12:24 AM
Cajunboxer
Senior User
If the company's are spending money on land then we will see the same out here

I work for HESS in the GOM, but HESS has way more assets in ND Bakken. Our engineers we have on board all come from the Bakken oil fields. HESS is more focused on ND than the GOM right now. They are working on a new build also right now for the GOM. That is way I had been spending time in Houston.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:30 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I read an article in Forbes recently, basically stated that once the oil price had gotten to and stayed north of $50.00 / BBL....which had a lot to do with severely limited US production and the OPEC cut back, that a lot of smaller producers ramped back up and we are seeing the results of that. (the sharp decline in oil price). There is a proposal by Kuwait to maintain and increase OPEC's production cut back beyond June, if that happens, we may see a bounce back, limited I'm sure. I believe it will come back, just not sure how fast and how much. I'd like to see a mid $70.00 a barrel price, fuel isn't prohibitively expensive for consumers and the oil producers are making a profit at that price point.

Y'all have a good one, got to go give my pillow some head!
Be another long day tomorrow, on another note, talked to the Warden earlier, gonna be in the high to mid thirties tonight in South Ms and according to the talking heads, around freezing tomorrow night or next then back into the eighties by the weekend....crazy weather these days.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:49 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,989 Likes on 1,596 Posts
Good reading........

Thanks for all the well wishes ......I am relieved that zero problems were found...

Sounds like our Oil friends are starting to see an upswing........
That is nice.....

Good evening.......took Jolly Green for a 80 mile RT to Ft Shaw this evening......I think I like this truck......

Old 03-15-2017, 12:55 AM
05yuk
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cajunboxer

I work for HESS in the GOM, but HESS has way more assets in ND Bakken. Our engineers we have on board all come from the Bakken oil fields. HESS is more focused on ND than the GOM right now. They are working on a new build also right now for the GOM. That is way I had been spending time in Houston.

I am starting to see more companies spending money and getting ready to gear up on land here in Texas. Hoping this slide in prices this last week doesn't hurt that.
I am ready to get the chance to go back offshore, this downturn changed our business model from offshore to focusing on land.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:59 AM
Cajunboxer
Senior User
$70-$75 I think would make the world go around. Just my 2 cents.

Crazy weather for us at home and out here. Wife said it was 37 this morning, but Spring is coming. Local weather said tonight that should be the last of it... Next ten days looking GREAT. Wish I was home.. Looking forward to next Wed. GO HOME Wife and I headed to San Antonia Thursday and will be wetting some hooks and few days the following week

Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2017, 01:05 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver

Yup! On the HESS in ND. They have been in ND since the beginning. It was Amerada (which morphed into HESS) that drilled the first producing well in ND back in 1951. I worked my last 23 years for an oilfield trucking company and HESS was one of our biggest customers.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:11 AM
05yuk
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
$70-$75 I think would make the world go around. Just my 2 cents.
Yes it would.

Are you working nights out in the gulf right now?

I would be happy to get back on a 14-14 rotation.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:12 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by 99150
Yup! On the HESS in ND. They have been in ND since the beginning. It was Amerada (which morphed into HESS) that drilled the first producing well in ND back in 1951. I worked my last 23 years for an oilfield trucking company and HESS was one of our biggest customers.
Hey Don........Wen you first started, were you driving 6 horse teams to pull the wagons with the oil field gear on them......??

Old 03-15-2017, 01:18 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Hey Don........Wen you first started, were you driving 6 horse teams to pull the wagons with the oil field gear on them......??
Yup!!!!!! And I think I remember seeing Roy unload them from sailing ships coming from Spain......can't remember if it was the Pinta, Nina, or the Santa Maria though!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2017, 01:23 AM
Cajunboxer
Senior User
Originally Posted by 05yuk
Yes it would.

Are you working nights out in the gulf right now?

I would be happy to get back on a 14-14 rotation.

YEP YEP 14-14 Working nights in the GOM. Knocking off at 3 AM, switching to days coming back on tower @ 9 AM. I am the Lead CRO and the Barge Supervisor so I keep it flowing and floating.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:30 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by 99150
Yup!!!!!! And I think I remember seeing Roy unload them from sailing ships coming from Spain......can't remember if it was the Pinta, Nina, or the Santa Maria though!!!!!!!!!!!
Naw.....those were the tourist ships.......
We had bigger ships.....The USS Badass........USS Neversink........

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most