6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 07:58 AM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
I've tried to drink unattractive women beautiful previously, but if I got drunk enough that she became acceptable, certain things ceased to function, therefore preventing the realization the following morning that I had done messed up.
I have the same "self-preservation" mode that is activated when I attempt to use large amounts of alcohol to improve the perceived visual quality of women. I think it's only failed me once so far

Old 09-07-2014, 08:14 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Morning One pagers !
Gerry, your garage project really changed quickly ! ROR
Congrats to the Savage football team !
Take it easy today

Old 09-07-2014, 09:27 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,505 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Good morning Savage Truckers.

Had a good time at the wedding last night, made sure I wore a Ford shirt all night. The Groom is a Ford guy, but for the most part everyone else I knew at the wedding were Chevy Fans.

Camping next to an alfalfa field.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140907_072425.png
Views: 151
Size:  561.4 KB

Old 09-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Morning all.

Funny story Steve. I'm glad she was alright, but I had to laugh because it reminded me of a situation that a coworker found himself in several years ago. We had just wrapped up a night shift and he was on his way home at around 04:00. It was a cool morning, so he had all 4 windows down on his Exploder. While he was driving down the main drag in his town, an owl flew through one of the open passenger windows and bounced off of the rear window glass, inside the vehicle, knocking out the owl. After my friend regained his composure, he pulled over and opened up the rear gate to see what the current state of affairs was. About the time as he reached down toward the owl that appeared to be dead, it sprang up and flew out past his head. I do believe fresh shorts were in order when he got home - and perhaps a shot of whiskey.

Thanks for the positive comments about the pictures. I had a lot of fun. One thing I have learned over the last few years about my brother's place is that there are cougars (not the older ladies that chase younger men), bobcats and coyotes that hang out in various areas around the property. Any time you are going to leave the house, you always carry a side arm, and it is a good idea to strap a rifle to whatever transportation method you are using at that time as well. There are also lots of snakes to play with too.

Andre, congrats on the spanking that your kids dished out!
Great story Doug, thanks for sharing. The owl events are crazy for sure. I told the wife that if it had been me, I would have been rolling on the ground punching that sucker screaming like a girl lol. I ride my mountain bike through that area often.

I like my Ford liners as well. They were super easy to install. It took me about 30 minutes for both sides, and that included getting out and putting away the tools. No drilling!
Noted. I think I'm going to do the Rugged Liners as I can get them for under a hundy shipped.

Originally Posted by Tim Young
Evening guys, no time to catch up, but I thought I would share this photo. We are at a wedding with mostly Chevy Fans.

Attachment 105422
Looks like a great time withy the wife at least; that's all that matters

Originally Posted by golfmedik
Morning gang! about ready to go to work for a 24. You guys be careful out here today and have a good one. Will check in with you guys later.
Be careful out there

Old 09-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Got word that my dream house on that AL lake sold and my stomach about dropped.

Since we are going to be here for a few more years until the daughter graduates, we may just move into a bigger house and sell when we are ready to move out of the state. The issue is we are looking at 12k property taxes with the next house size. It's unreal to think that one would pay a grand a month in property taxes alone. Unreal, but we don't have much of a choice at this point.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:45 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Damn Steve, $12K in just property taxes? My current house in Hattiesburg is in one of the highest tax areas of Lamar county and it is $5k annually, and I thought that was absurd. Yeah, you need to get the heck away from there, ya'll must have the finest schools and roads paved in gold....

Old 09-07-2014, 10:01 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Originally Posted by RigTrash601
Damn Steve, $12K in just property taxes? My current house in Hattiesburg is in one of the highest tax areas of Lamar county and it is $5k annually, and I thought that was absurd. Yeah, you need to get the heck away from there, ya'll must have the finest schools and roads paved in gold....
Yep, this is what I was talking about. I could move to FL and pay Hurricane FEMA insurance and property taxes and still make out. Moving to AL or SC would be a complete relief in prop taxes since I can get a nice lake house and pay $1200 or so. In reality we are looking from 12-15K+ in property taxes. The schools are good, but not that good. Illinois thinks so though. Illinois has the 2nd highest property taxes in the nation as a whole; ridiculous. This state is so corrupt it is unreal.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
A few screen shots of listings we are looking at and there property taxes; unreal. But hey, the HOA is only $150 a year......

Old 09-07-2014, 10:28 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
That's completely ridiculous....and a very small percentage of that is going where it needs to go I'm sure. Come on down south, I got a house in coastal Ms you can use until you find something......Just set your watch back twenty years!

Old 09-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,505 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Wow Steve, that's a lot for taxes. We pay a little over 2k a year but we don't have a very big house and no view. I suppose a lake house in our area would be considerably more.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:33 AM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 489 Likes on 165 Posts
I've tried to drink unattractive women beautiful previously, but if I got drunk enough that she became acceptable, certain things ceased to function, therefore preventing the realization the following morning that I had done messed up.
Beauty is only a light switch away........

Originally Posted by Sgt93
Got word that my dream house on that AL lake sold and my stomach about dropped.

Since we are going to be here for a few more years until the daughter graduates, we may just move into a bigger house and sell when we are ready to move out of the state. The issue is we are looking at 12k property taxes with the next house size. It's unreal to think that one would pay a grand a month in property taxes alone. Unreal, but we don't have much of a choice at this point.
Man, I walked on houses when I was last shopping five years ago when I found the taxes were over $4,000.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:07 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Steve -One of the reasons I wanted to move out of Florida (out of many) was that my HO Insurance went up to $13200 for the year. My taxes are $5k a year, but only because I bought a long time ago when house values were down. My neighbor pays around $9k a year, from a high of $11k.

AK has no income tax, no STATE sales tax, Anchorage has no city sales tax (some other cities do though), Anchorage has property taxes (some other areas do not).

If you didn't mind living out of a "city", you could have no taxes. HOWEVER, it comes with "No Services" too..

Old 09-07-2014, 12:09 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 6,969 Likes on 2,190 Posts
Originally Posted by Dakster
Wow. 36-6.... When does it become running up the score?
We were up 36-0 by midway through the second quarter. We had every single starter out of the game for half of the second quarter, all of the 3rd and 4th quarter. They scored on our 3rd string defense and it was on a blown assignment (mental mistake, not physical). We played outstanding. The last touchdown we scored was defensive. It was a weird game...the team we played was HUGE, but they were not well coached at all in my opinion.

We certainly were not trying to be unsportsmanlike, but at the same time, we need to run our offense/defense to see what works and doesn't work. In our conference, all the teams are pretty balanced. We only won by 6 points last week. This team just wasn't prepared to play against us.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:11 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Evening guys, no time to catch up, but I thought I would share this photo. We are at a wedding with mostly Chevy Fans.

Attachment 105422
Quoted for awesomeness! Love it

Old 09-07-2014, 12:18 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Steve...can't believe the wife was stalked by an owl jogging. That's unreal...glad she is alright.

We ended up going out with the other coaches last night. Wifey had to drive home as Captain Morgan and I were close all evening

Headed to a tryout for the Northern All Wisconsin football team for FBU. My 7th grader was invited to try out as linebacker. I'm proud of him regardless of his making the team. There will be at least 30, maybe 50 kids trying out for 6 positions and these are already the "studs". So at 118 pounds soaking wet, he doesn't have much chance, but it's still really a good sign that even at his light weight he is being looked at. We will keep hitting the weights...

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most