6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,995 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Originally Posted by darren32
Howdy guys!

Great news Roy! Finally some justice. I am really happy for that.

LOL, no, $100's and $1000's but that does remind me of something....
Many years ago a buddy of mine ended up owing me $10,000. He finally paid me back in cash. It was all 20's and 10's and in a ziplock bag. It was a pretty big stack and it smelled like pot (one safe for pot AND money). Anyway I didn't open it and I didn't think much of it so I take it to the bank. When they opened it up and ran it thru the counting machine the whole bank smelled like pot. It was hilarious. The teller gave me a funny look and I could not stop laughing.

Tim, nice work on the frame.

It was my wifes actual 40th birthday yesterday. She is not taking it very well. I didn't take mine well either. I have bought her all kinds of jewelry and stuff over the years and she don't like any of it so I told her she should just go buy what she wants. Last time for that suggestion

Have a good day fellas
Darren...........Next time....Call Dad_Roy. I have Too much experience with this stuff, and will help you with the difficulties of navigating through such treacherous waters..........

Give me a gift card....I can get what I want. That works for us. NOT women !! It must come from the heart and NOT be practical....

Old 09-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by RigTrash601
Yeah, I did learn that mine doesn't care too much for firearms, fishing rods, decoys, etc.....

Of course when she displayed her displeasure I was like, "well I'll use it!"

.....that's when the fight started!
NO One is that misguided....................

Old 09-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by 720Deere
. I guess I'm just not normal!
Quotable Quote...............

Old 09-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by RigTrash601
Same here, 40 never bothered me...you're right about women being wired differently, I have learned to stay away from any type of "tool" to clean the house with or fitness equipment, at least as a personal gift! My wife will be 44 the 13th of this month, still haven't figured out what to get her......
Start 7 days before her birthday............
Each day bring home flowers or Balloons or Candy.
If she works......deliver it to her at work (10 times more points).

Two of those days must be a dozen nice roses. (only 2 of the days)

I found my local grocery store has a very nice flower section, saves a bunch of money.

Day of the birthday..........reservations at a favorite restaurant. Have arranged ahead of time for her birthday present to be brought out to her when drinks are ordered.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:36 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Start 7 days before her birthday............
Each day bring home flowers or Balloons or Candy.
If she works......deliver it to her at work (10 times more points).

Two of those days must be a dozen nice roses. (only 2 of the days)

I found my local grocery store has a very nice flower section, saves a bunch of money.

Day of the birthday..........reservations at a favorite restaurant. Have arranged ahead of time for her birthday present to be brought out to her when drinks are ordered.
You may be on to something! Right now, whatever I do will have to be delivered, unless I can get in soon!

Old 09-03-2014, 10:39 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Roy, I am pleased to hear of the court outcome. Maybe now some wounds could begin to heal. Being in public safety, these types of case bother me to no end! And plus, being a father too.....eerrrgggg!!! Kudos to you and your wife! You may truly never know the impact you have had or will have on her!!

Old 09-03-2014, 10:47 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,065 Likes on 2,216 Posts
Good morning fellow one pagers! I'm pumped to see over 1700 pages!

Roy...glad that POS got some serious justice. I'll bet he gets settled into his new role in prison quickly. He'll make a nice wife for many inmates and a good exercise/stress relief for many others

Darren...KEEP SPENDING MONEY

Dak...my condolences on the loss of someone from your hometown. The entire situation is beyond my comprehension that anyone could be as brutal as what I have seen lately. It's horrible.

Boys officially got their Life and Star patches/cards last night for Boy Scouts. They are very happy

Old 09-03-2014, 11:12 AM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Dak: That's awful about the reporter. If only we had somebody in charge that would bring fear to these jackasses in the mideast.

Roy: Glad to hear the pervert got his justice. Hope this means Theresa will never have to attend another hearing or see him for a VERY long time. Guy looks like he'll definitely be somebody's b**** in prison. Even has that creepy pedophile look to him.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,564 Likes on 1,425 Posts
Good morning guys,

Glad to hear the news Roy, Thanks for sharing.

On the birthday thing, I'm a lucky guy. My wife likes tools. Two years ago Maria kept saying that she wanted to buy a new Stihl 170 chainsaw. Well guess what, I bought for her birthday and she loved it. They have not all gone that well but that one brings a smile to my face every time a think about it.

Mitch, I'll try and catch up with my brother today and ask about the meds that were causing him problems with his COPD.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:24 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,065 Likes on 2,216 Posts
Tim...keep up the hard work on that Bronco. Frame looks great!

Old 09-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by golfmedik
Roy, I am pleased to hear of the court outcome. Maybe now some wounds could begin to heal. Being in public safety, these types of case bother me to no end! And plus, being a father too.....eerrrgggg!!! Kudos to you and your wife! You may truly never know the impact you have had or will have on her!!
It is nice to have this over........

Theresa is such a happy, bright, eager to learn and help. Life is Good. If I think too long about the way she was treated through her early years by dad.....I will cry.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:44 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
WELL ..... DON SAYS THE TRUCK IS FIXED

They have been going through all the wiring harnesses, connectors and grounds for days. They were loop testing all the fuse box wiring (under the hood fuse box) and got some voltage loss on one fuse. Touching the fuse changed the voltage drop..... The fuse that supplied power to the PCM (or power to the relay that powers the PCM, not sure which). Pulled the fuse box yesterday and the crimp where the wire connects to the fuse holder is not crimped tight and the wire is loose. Re connect the fuse box to test it. Push the fuse one way and the truck no starts with the same symptoms (no glow plugs, no fuel pump and no engine light). Push the fuse the other way and it fires up. While running push the fuse and it dies. Same as it does while driving. Took fuse box back out and a millisecond with a pair of pliers to tighten the crimp and it's fixed. Fuse box going back in now. They are pretty confident that was it and I am glad they hooked the box back up to test it. I sure hope so .....

So I guess Roy wins the prize, it was a fuse, kinda.

3 months of hell because of a QC issue, thanks FORD!

I am sure looking forward to getting my truck back!! Man I miss it!!

Andre, she gets that stuff for about 25% of retail. It's still too much tho

Have a good day everyone

Old 09-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Roy,

First and foremost, glad you got what you wanted out of the hearing...

-

Brent - I don't know what to say or think about what is going on in this country right now. To me we are so dysfunctional that you can't point the finger at any one person or group of people (political party).

The worse part is that we are looking at the potential for another 9/11 type attack on US soil - and we are not united in defense or response to that right now from a Federal leadership perspective. (IMHO) First responders and the people that ARE the boots on the ground are. They have been and will always be and that is what will ultimately save us.

I usually post a criticism with a potential solution or what I think should be done to fix it. It is easy to point out a problem, tougher to point out a solution. In this case, I don't have a solution. "Flushing the toilet" and starting out with new elected officials hasn't worked out that well and that was my first thought when I saw us going down this path.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:50 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Darren I am SOOOOOO happy for you right now. I only hope the 2 second, no parts required fix doesn't break the bank.... Sad thing - I bet you never needed any of the new PCMs you bought.

Although we all know you are going to miss that Fiat.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:02 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by darren32
WELL ..... DON SAYS THE TRUCK IS FIXED

They have been going through all the wiring harnesses, connectors and grounds for days. They were loop testing all the fuse box wiring (under the hood fuse box) and got some voltage loss on one fuse. Touching the fuse changed the voltage drop..... The fuse that supplied power to the PCM (or power to the relay that powers the PCM, not sure which). Pulled the fuse box yesterday and the crimp where the wire connects to the fuse holder is not crimped tight and the wire is loose. Re connect the fuse box to test it. Push the fuse one way and the truck no starts with the same symptoms (no glow plugs, no fuel pump and no engine light). Push the fuse the other way and it fires up. While running push the fuse and it dies. Same as it does while driving. Took fuse box back out and a millisecond with a pair of pliers to tighten the crimp and it's fixed. Fuse box going back in now. They are pretty confident that was it and I am glad they hooked the box back up to test it. I sure hope so .....

So I guess Roy wins the prize, it was a fuse, kinda.

3 months of hell because of a QC issue, thanks FORD!

I am sure looking forward to getting my truck back!! Man I miss it!!

Andre, she gets that stuff for about 25% of retail. It's still too much tho

Have a good day everyone
Admit it. You'll miss the Fiat. We won't laugh too hard.

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most