6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Any one install a Flo-Pro Polished Aluminum Intake Elbow

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 12:43 AM
brkncly
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any one install a Flo-Pro Polished Aluminum Intake Elbow

Looking at the Flo-Pro EGR delete with Polished Aluminum Intake Elbow for '08 F-350 6.4 CC. Been researching this EGR delete kit, have a question about the polished aluminum intake elbow. Do I have to remove the factory EGR valve and housing to install the polished aluminum intake elbow? Reason I'm asking is that I've been hearing and reading and was told by my diesel performance guy that it's almost impossible to remove the EGR valve. Would hate to get half way installed and not be able to take out the EGR valve. Correct me I'm wrong with this kit, that I have to remove the factory intake and EGR valve? Or does the polished aluminum intake elbow needs the stock EGR valve to stay in place? Please let me know before I purchase this kit. Thank

Old 08-16-2012, 01:16 PM
FivePointo
Senior User
I've deleted my egr that wasn't an issue. But that's all it was, deletion of parts, no elbow involved. However I did get the polished elbow that replaced that crimped pos Ford calls intercooler piping. You are referring to the pipe that comes out of the intercooler through the radiator support and into the intake elbow right? I also replaced the stock elbow with an RPM + unit from Elite. To install the tube I had to die grind the radiator support a bit. Oh by the way you won't believe the soot buildup in your intake elbow when you remove it.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:18 PM
FivePointo
Senior User
Soeey to follow up. You do not need the egr delete for the polished elbow. If it's the elbow were thinking it is, that being the one from the intercooler to the intake. I have pictures if you'd like. I bought my elbow from Jegs

Old 08-18-2012, 09:08 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by FivePointo
Soeey to follow up. You do not need the egr delete for the polished elbow. If it's the elbow were thinking it is, that being the one from the intercooler to the intake. I have pictures if you'd like. I bought my elbow from Jegs
Did the new elbow on the charge air cooler do anything for you? I guess the idea would be to cool the air better and what, add power, decrease EGTs or maybe both. Can you tell the difference. I know the stock one is ugly and doesn't look like it lets a lot of air through.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:31 PM
longview1
Fleet Mechanic
Intake elbow seen here. (flo pro) Connected to stock CAC (intercooler to intake elbow)

New CAC (mbrp) to go on seen here above fog lights..

Old 08-20-2012, 08:16 AM
FivePointo
Senior User
Okay I was thinking something else. I used the RPM+ Carbon Fiber Intake and the Polished Pipe I used was from the Intercooler to the RPM+. If I remember right the polished pipe was from MBRP and I had to die grind the radiator support for clearance. I did this in conjunction with the EGR delete. I noticed my coolant temps went from 210-215 before to 190-200 now. My egts are also cooler. Pulling my 14500lb 5th wheel I run 600-800 down the road. I set my defuel point at 1150, that rarely happens. I don't pull over may major mountains or really long hills some small stuff in Tennessee is all. The RPM+ was from Elite and it's for a 6.0 with an adaptor.