49 Ford F1 - Page 48 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

49 Ford F1

Old 07-14-2018, 04:56 PM
Klinkster
Freshman User
Klinkster is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nick....
I want to say "Thank You".... Your posts and detailed pictures have totally inspired and aided me with my build.

THANK YOU

Old 07-15-2018, 03:00 PM
pintoplumber
Elder User
pintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to all
Hey Nick, I see there’s a car show in Birdsboro on Saturday. I’d go if you go. Dennis

Old 08-04-2018, 09:03 PM
Gicknordon
Posting Guru
Gicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pintoplumber View Post
Hey Nick, I see there’s a car show in Birdsboro on Saturday. I’d go if you go. Dennis
Sorry just saw this now. I think I was busy that day anyway haha. Once my house is done here in the next few weeks im going to try and get to some car shows, maybe we can try and get one.

Old 08-04-2018, 09:38 PM
pintoplumber
Elder User
pintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to allpintoplumber is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Gicknordon View Post
Sorry just saw this now. I think I was busy that day anyway haha. Once my house is done here in the next few weeks im going to try and get to some car shows, maybe we can try and get one.
I think it rained anyway.

Old 08-04-2018, 09:53 PM
Gicknordon
Posting Guru
Gicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Klinkster View Post
Nick....
I want to say "Thank You".... Your posts and detailed pictures have totally inspired and aided me with my build.

THANK YOU
You are welcome. I am glad that my build can help other people with their build. I would not have gotten as far as I have gotten on my build if it were not for other people detailing their builds like mine.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:40 PM
Gicknordon
Posting Guru
Havent posted anything on this thread in a while. I have been pretty much just driving the truck and fixing small bugs here and there. This weekend I started working getting my bed floor done. I made my sub frames to raise the floor to clear my suspension notch. I have been going back and forth on how I want to finish the end cap. I decided that I am gonna end the wood before the filler neck, then have a piece of metal, maybe diamond plate, angle down from there to the back of the bed. My dad has some old walnut that has been sitting in the basement for years that I am gonna use for the wood.

while I had the bed off, I also started on painting the back of the cab. The pictures are the starting point, from here I am gonna do some sanding and add some other colors to make the patina more realistic.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:02 PM
OK F1
Senior User
OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.OK F1 has a good reputation on FTE.
You're famous!

Well, your truck is anyway...I was minding my own business this morning and decided to check my Eastwood.com email for an opportunity to spend money I don't have. When what to my wondering eyes did appear, but a semi-fauxtina'd F-1 adorned with holiday cheer!

Congrats!

Old 10-09-2018, 01:15 PM
ben73058
Postmaster
ben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to behold
Hey Nick,
If you are bad ...do you have to stay out in that little house behind the garage?

Your truck is looking great. Looking forward to seeing how the fauxtina comes out.
It looks hard & takes talent I don't have. I saw where Ford is laying off thousands
this week... good move missing out on that one.

Ben in Austin
1950 F1

Old 10-09-2018, 04:20 PM
moejr
Senior User
moejr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Gotta be proud of that Nick....good job!

Old 10-09-2018, 07:34 PM
Gicknordon
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by OK F1 View Post
Well, your truck is anyway...I was minding my own business this morning and decided to check my Eastwood.com email for an opportunity to spend money I don't have. When what to my wondering eyes did appear, but a semi-fauxtina'd F-1 adorned with holiday cheer!

Congrats!
Thank you! I hadn't seen this yet! Me and my Dad went to Eastwood's cruise in the other weekend and got our vehicles photographed for a chance to be in their calendar. I didnt know they were also going to use our pictures in their advertisements. We did have to sign release forms so they could use the pictures! Ill have to keep my eye out now and see if they use my dads car in an add. He has a black 65 olds 442 if you guys happen to see if before I do.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:39 PM
Gicknordon
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ben73058 View Post
Hey Nick,
If you are bad ...do you have to stay out in that little house behind the garage?

Your truck is looking great. Looking forward to seeing how the fauxtina comes out.
It looks hard & takes talent I don't have. I saw where Ford is laying off thousands
this week... good move missing out on that one.

Ben in Austin
1950 F1
Only when Im really bad...

I am definitely getting the knack of it a bit better. I blended in some of the white primer on the bad and I think it turned out pretty well. Ill get some good pictures next time I work on the truck.

Yes, the more news that comes out of Ford lately, the more I am glad I left. To be honest though, I havent regretted leaving at all anyway.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:14 AM
gregstith
Senior User
gregstith has a good reputation on FTE.gregstith has a good reputation on FTE.gregstith has a good reputation on FTE.
Nick, your truck is really looking great. Nice job.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:32 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Congrats Nick.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:27 PM
Gicknordon
Posting Guru
Here are a few more pictures of my Faux-tina. Some more work needed to blend it in a bit.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:50 PM
pineconeford
Posting Guru
pineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant futurepineconeford has a brilliant future
Nice progress Nick!