Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 02:22 PM
STROKED 66
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Denver Chapter?

Originally posted by Spudco
Stroked 66,

I don't know of any organized Ford Truck Clubs in Denver. The PowerStroke (Diesel guys) seem to get together once in a while. Search this site for user "Paarrothead" and you'll see those guys.
I was thinking maybe we could get a f100 club goin or something ?

I like to get over the the Hamburger Stand on Wednesdays for all the cool cars, but I'm a big FE engine fan. Chad Burns and Mike G. are other Denver area FE nuts. I hope to meet them some Wednesday night to talk about my 352 into 410 project.
Yeah, i use to love to go to the H.S. it was fun just to hang out and shoot the **** about anything. then we'd all go cruise up to westminster or just go out and cruise...ahhhh the good ole days

What are you going to do with you 390 when you put you 460 in? Mike G. or Chad Burns might need some parts.
Not sure really, I will keep you guys posted though what my plans are with it. But im sure we can work something out for it, cuz i got enough junk in my garage lol.

Have you talked to Rob McQuarie at Blue Oval Performance about your engine plans? If not, a stop by his shop is like walking into a candy shop! His number is in the book.
Yep I've been there a few times either with buddies or lookin for some parts that On Track can never seem to get Rob is a very good guy when it comes to these oldies also been to Scott Mains (sp) shop (MPG Heads) althoough i havent been very happy with his work.

I plan to be at the H.Stand on Wed. Look for my camo Ford Trucks hat.

Spudco
I cant make it this week but i will try to make it in the next couple of weeks....work is a pain to get off on Weds nights, plus i need to next the carb on my 66 and put a new battery in it. Do any of you guys know these old carbs? that might want to help me out? If it was EFI i could fix it but when it comes to Carbs im SOL.....

Thanks John

Old 06-24-2003, 10:08 PM
fordmaniac21
Elder User
Denver Chapter?

well if i make it up there i wont have my truck. it is currently still sitting on the 29 inch tires so it would fit on the trailer for the big move from virginia last weekend. i havent got the 35 inch swampers back on her yet. and i am burning oil like it is cool. i think my valve seals are leaking. i got the stuff to fix that today so maybe i will get to it befor the weekend. i should have it up there next wednesday night. just look for the black 75 ford on 35 inch swampers with spots of rustolium paint all over the truck. ill let yall know. if i go ill have my camo ford trucks hat on and not sure which t shirt yet. but ill look for ya.

Old 06-30-2003, 01:13 PM
STROKED 66
Freshman User
Denver Chapter?

Good god thats a long haul hope all went well for you! aswell as i hope to meet ou all someday at the H.S! however i dont think i can make it for sometime due to truck problems i found yesterday. was changing the oil and found metal shavings in the oil, so its time for me to pull the motor and have it rebuilt! looks like Rob will be getting my business very very soon but least it will be fresh and ready to rock!

BTW! I have another 390 that came with my truck so if you guys know anyone looking for one let me know! i'll sell it for hell i dunno 50 bucks? its been bored .030 over, and as far as i know it has a lifter problem/noise so i have no clue. Just want to be up front and honest with what i know/been told is wrong with it.

Old 06-30-2003, 03:47 PM
fordmaniac21
Elder User
Denver Chapter?

i might take you up on that offer for that engine. hehe. if i can talk the wife into it. i couldnt make it last week either because of truck problems. you know anyone that has 4.56 geears for a 9 ionch and a dana 44??? im savin the money for them i blew mine out last week lol. i might try and make it up this week just to meet everyone.

Old 06-30-2003, 04:52 PM
STROKED 66
Freshman User
Denver Chapter?

Originally posted by fordmaniac21
i might take you up on that offer for that engine. hehe. if i can talk the wife into it. i couldnt make it last week either because of truck problems. you know anyone that has 4.56 geears for a 9 ionch and a dana 44??? im savin the money for them i blew mine out last week lol. i might try and make it up this week just to meet everyone.

If you like give me a call 720-366-0913 and thats my cell call me anytime and maybe we can work a deal I might know someone with some gears, i will PM them after i make this reply

Old 07-01-2003, 12:22 AM
Spudco
Senior User
Talking Denver Chapter?

I just look at my calendar and realized that this Sunday is All Ford Day at Bandimere! I was there last year and it was a blast. If it's not hotter n'ell it's a great day at the 'strip.

Spudco

Old 07-05-2003, 08:34 PM
fordmaniac21
Elder User
Denver Chapter?

hey stroked, i tried callin you on your cell phone about that engine but it says that the number is no longer in service????? let me know. i would really like to see this engine, thanks.

Old 07-05-2003, 11:26 PM
STROKED 66
Freshman User
Denver Chapter?

Sorry bout that see you tomorrow at 1!

Old 07-07-2003, 11:59 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Denver Chapter?

Hey all!

Sorry I missed out on the "all Ford day" Who went and met up?? Any good stuff for sale??

Stroked-- Glad to see pix of the truck, it's so nice to see when someone actually can make progress!

--Mike G.