Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Getting rid of my rubber 8 foot bed mat

Old 05-12-2003, 09:18 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Getting rid of my rubber 8 foot bed mat

Anybody want an 8 foot rubber bed mat? I am getting rid of the one in the back of my 78 F150 and going with a roll-in bedliner. I hate to throw it away and would rather someone else find it useful. I'm up in Owasso if yer interested.

Old 05-16-2003, 10:46 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster

Did I mention, that it's free?.... You just need to swing by and pick it up. I'll keep it around for a few more days, and then I'll be forced to throw it away. It's still in very good shape and I'm sure someone around here might find it useful?

Old 05-28-2003, 12:42 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster

Hey, do you still have it Cigar? Well, really, if not, what kinda roll on did you go with? Im gonna do mine in a couple weeks, and cant decide between Rustoleum, or Herculiner. I would love to get a look at urs if i could. What do you think of it? Is it good quality? Was it worth it??

Old 05-28-2003, 01:02 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster

Heya Traxxis,
Yep, still got the bed mat. It's sitting on the side of the house takin' up space. It's yers if ya want it. If not, I was thinking about cutting it to fit in front of my work bench as a nonslip cushion floor covering. Not sure if that would work or not?

I went with the Rust-O-Leum Roadwarrior kits. (Found at sportmansguide.com or on ebay.) They were an early Father's day present from my in laws.(Thanks Roger!) I spent Sunday evening and Monday morning prepping the bed. I had some screw holes to fill and some patches to make before scuffing the paint. All in all, It was well worth it!!! I did have to use two kits to cover my 8 ft bed. I don't see how anyone expects one gallon of coating to protect a huge 8 foot bed. I went extra thick on top of the bed rails, tailgate and floor. It looks sooooo beautiful! I should have taken before and after photos! If ya wanna see it shoot me an email to let me know when yer coming by. I'm currently seeking work so I've got lots of free time.

Here's something to think about when choosing a roll in bedliner: some kits are a one part solution that you just roll on and let dry. Better kits have a two part solution, so you have to mix the activator before rolling the liner in.(Rustoleum is a 2 part mix) Now every one part super glue/epoxy I've ever used was never as strong as the two part mixed glues/epoxies. So that would lead me to believe that the two part roll in bedliner kits have got to be better quality than the single mix kits.

-Ron

Old 05-28-2003, 09:29 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster

hey, ya, i may do that one day, maybe we could meet up at Braums or something (wherever is fine, im fairly familiar with that area). I would really like to see your roll on, so i can hurry up and make a decision on which to go with. Hey, you can email me at traxxis(No Email Addresses In Posts!) if you wanna try to meet up sometime, i have to work for the next few days, but should have sometime.

Search this Thread