1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Truckstock

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Doraville
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cruisetopdown
Hope his defroster was working!.....I can see his wife with a towel swabbing the inside (which is probably as wet as the outside) so 'ol Bob can stay on schedule LOL!!

Drive careful Bob, be safe...
w
It's funny you say that, because that's exactly what my wife was doing Friday morning (it was raining when we left home) before our truck broke down!

In addition to sorting out my wiring issues, I really need to figure out why my defroster isn't working...

-DV

Old 09-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Also, we definitely need to give a big round of applause and encouragement to Teardropty. He didn't make it to the event, but not from a lack of trying. Something flew up and busted his oil pan somewhere in Ohio, and he had to go back home and retrieve his truck the next day. We all felt really bad for him. Hopefully he can make it next year......

Old 09-18-2012, 11:04 AM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
time

How you getting time to post Doc ? Not such a hard day at work ? Thanks again,and hpoe to see you next time.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by DR Smith
How you getting time to post Doc ? Not such a hard day at work ? Thanks again,and hpoe to see you next time.
Oh man. If you only knew. I hit the ground running this morning. The phone calls and walk-ins have not stopped. Here's the thing--we have this wretched misery called "electronic medical records" now. So my head never leaves a computer screen all day long, whether I like it or not. As a result, I find myself checking things like FTE between patients, at lunch, etc. I literally have to carry a laptop from room to room, plus I have a desktop computer and a tablet here on my desk.

I'm glad you had a good time. See ya next year....

Old 09-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Rojak
Posting Guru
I was still on my Truckstock high until the alarm went off this morning then the reality of my post-Truckstock world set in. I owe I owe so back to work I go.

Doc mentioned Super Bob and his stock F2. Remember it has non-synchro trans which makes his trip even more amazing in my opinion. I'll just go ahead and nominate Bob and Michelle for the Truckstock Haul (bad spelling intended) of Fame. I move we waive the usual five year waiting period.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:48 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Awesome, Just freaking Awesome. I viewed the pics several hours ago and I am still at a loss of words. Except for the "Sponge Bob" PJ's. I have went through two pair of them and now just about got my "Pacman"s" worn out. They are comfy as heck and some days I just never get out of them. I sure get funny looks from the JW's and Mormons at the door when I greet them with the front full of holes from cigarette burns. Never could get used to under shorts. I sure wish me and my PJ's coulda been there. Thanks for the pic's, They are almost like being there in a way.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:00 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
I wanted to thank everyone for their concern and comments. Here's an update:

I was driving down to KY last Thursday and decided to swing by a friends place in Ohio. Coming down I-75 probably wasn't the best idea but the truck was running real good. I know I ran over a "road gator" as we call them, a piece of rubber truck tire. The truck never showed any problems for another 25 miles. The oil pressure stayed up and ran fine. When I pulled into a gas station for some fuel and refreshment, oil poured out from under the motor. I couldn't see the damage at that time but my oil pressure went to nothing and it wouldn't hold more oil.

Fortunately, I have many family members that have trucks, trailers and a love for Fords. My brother brought my F350 down and a trailer and toted her home. I had considered continuing on to the gathering but I was concerned about the truck and frustrated beyond belief. Also, my brother had obligations over the weekend so I would have had to send him back on the greyhound (he wasn't really excited about that).

The 223 is toast. Upon getting it home and inspecting it, the motor is gone. I had rebuilt it 2 years ago but my heart isn't into doing it again. Instead I have a 351W rebuilt, sitting idle that needs a new home. So over the winter it will get swapped out. I still have a 223 in my other 54 so I will still have a torquey inline 6.

I am glad everyone had a great time and I will look forward to next year. God bless everyone.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by arctic y block
Awesome, Just freaking Awesome. I viewed the pics several hours ago and I am still at a loss of words. Except for the "Sponge Bob" PJ's. I have went through two pair of them and now just about got my "Pacman"s" worn out. They are comfy as heck and some days I just never get out of them. I sure get funny looks from the JW's and Mormons at the door when I greet them with the front full of holes from cigarette burns. Never could get used to under shorts. I sure wish me and my PJ's coulda been there.
No comment.

Originally Posted by teardropty

I was driving down to KY last Thursday and decided to swing by a friends place in Ohio. Coming down I-75 probably wasn't the best idea but the truck was running real good. I know I ran over a "road gator" as we call them, a piece of rubber truck tire. The truck never showed any problems for another 25 miles. The oil pressure stayed up and ran fine. When I pulled into a gas station for some fuel and refreshment, oil poured out from under the motor. I couldn't see the damage at that time but my oil pressure went to nothing and it wouldn't hold more oil.

Fortunately, I have many family members that have trucks, trailers and a love for Fords. My brother brought my F350 down and a trailer and toted her home. I had considered continuing on to the gathering but I was concerned about the truck and frustrated beyond belief. Also, my brother had obligations over the weekend so I would have had to send him back on the greyhound (he wasn't really excited about that).

The 223 is toast. Upon getting it home and inspecting it, the motor is gone. I had rebuilt it 2 years ago but my heart isn't into doing it again. Instead I have a 351W rebuilt, sitting idle that needs a new home. So over the winter it will get swapped out. I still have a 223 in my other 54 so I will still have a torquey inline 6.

I am glad everyone had a great time and I will look forward to next year. God bless everyone.
So sorry to hear about your bad luck. That's terrible. Maybe next year..... I don't blame you on the engine swap after what you've been through.

Originally Posted by Rojak
I was still on my Truckstock high until the alarm went off this morning then the reality of my post-Truckstock world set in. I owe I owe so back to work I go.

Doc mentioned Super Bob and his stock F2. Remember it has non-synchro trans which makes his trip even more amazing in my opinion. I'll just go ahead and nominate Bob and Michelle for the Truckstock Haul (bad spelling intended) of Fame. I move we waive the usual five year waiting period.
Speaking of Bob (this is hilarious), he just somehow "pocket dialed" my number twice. LOL I could hear that old flathead accelerating and their muffled voices in the background. So I think it's safe to say that ole Bob is back on the road. The saga continues...... Keep truckin dude!!!

Old 09-18-2012, 01:36 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc
Speaking of Bob (this is hilarious), he just somehow "pocket dialed" my number twice. LOL I could hear that old flathead accelerating and their muffled voices in the background. So I think it's safe to say that ole Bob is back on the road. The saga continues......
No one has mentioned (or made a video, unfortunately) of Shane trying in vain to get Bob's truck into gear, for what seemed like 5 minutes straight, to take it for a ride. It sounded like a Jiffy Pop on a full flame, I expected see teeth shucked out on the ground!

Old 09-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
No one has mentioned (or made a video, unfortunately) of Shane trying in vain to get Bob's truck into gear, for what seemed like 5 minutes straight, to take it for a ride. It sounded like a Jiffy Pop on a full flame, I expected see teeth shucked out on the ground!

LOL. Yeah that was pretty bad. No matter if I double, triple or quadruple clutched, the dang thing would NOT go into any gear. I thought I was gonna push the clutch pedal through the fire wall. He finally just walked over and slammed it down into reverse. After that, it wasn't too bad. But I can say that I have driven Bob's famous red truck.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:54 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,616 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Great pics! Thanks! Could you repost the group pic along with names (and FTE names) so I can put names to faces...

Old 09-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Standing (L to R): Shane McDougal (me/Doc), Brian and Sharon Bryant (9teen56f100), Kevin Ingle (Fun Ford), Craig Hahn (dmptrkr), Garry Sharon (homade), Ross Collord (Albuq F-1), Bob and Michelle Jones (Bobj49f2), Jerry and Veronica Collins (locals, light blue 50 Chevy)

Kneeling (L to R): Rob Sutter (rojak), Ray Taschenberger (raytasch), David Smith (DR Smith), Andrew Shelton (52 Ford F1), Eric and Eva Craton (Doraville), Ed and Vonda Caudill (local, 49 ****** truck), and Donnie Fugate and grandson (local, burgundy 48 F-1)

Several other members attended, but didn't participate in the cruise.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:01 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
And let us not forget the Truckstock decals. Supplied by DRSmith.

Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2012, 05:26 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by teardropty

Do you have collision coverage on your truck? Striking road debris is a covered event. If you have collision coverage, file a claim. The insurance company will pay for the rebuild and possibly even your expenses to get the truck home.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:46 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan
Do you have collision coverage on your truck? Striking road debris is a covered event. If you have collision coverage, file a claim. The insurance company will pay for the rebuild and possibly even your expenses to get the truck home.
I spoke with my insurance company yesterday. They were more than happy to help with a claim but here's the thing - If I file a claim for the damages then it is considered an "at fault" accident and will impact my insurance premiums not only on this truck policy but on the 11 other vehicles I insure under my general policy. I have a clean record and don't wish to jack up my rates. They figure that if an object is in the road, I should do everything to avoid it, if not then I am "at-fault". While I don't necessarily agree with their viewpoint, I have to look at the facts. I would also have to prove it was the rubber and not something else that caused the failure. Not really easy to prove since I continued driving 25 miles after hitting the rubber. I am not about ready to fib on an insurance claim.

The motor in the truck is original to the truck. While the engine was rebuilt, I had only limited funds into the rebuild. I have a different motor to put into it that was part of the original rebuild but never had the time to put it in back then. When I add up the claim, the amount of the deductible and my out of pocket expenses I am better off not filing. The biggest cost was not being able to do something that I wanted to do. I will get over it and move on.

Quick Reply: Truckstock