1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Truckstock

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 04:38 PM
52 Ford F1
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Met a lot of good people, got to drive and check out a lot of cool trucks, ate until I could eat no more. Great time with great people.

Hoping I can make it next year. (with the truck this time)

One strange thing happened I can not condone... Pictures below depict the horror...

Before:

After:

Old 09-16-2012, 04:41 PM
52 Ford F1
Senior User
^^ Obviously I was kidding... ^^

Old 09-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You had me going for a second or two....

Old 09-16-2012, 05:00 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,831 Likes on 1,833 Posts
WOW!!
Did I ever miss a good trip! THanks for all the pics, I can't wait to hear some of the stories. What a gorgeous place for a truck gathering. I am very envious.

Maybe its a good thing I didn't go, it seems like all those trucks there had shiny paint, and all one color too.....lol

Bobby

Old 09-16-2012, 06:04 PM
cruisetopdown
Laughing Gas
Received 273 Likes on 109 Posts
Just arrived home and wanted to thank DOC for a great time! He is a top shelf guy and has an amazing family as well. The FTE'rs did not disappoint and were a a wonderful fun bunch.....I too ate way too much good southern home cooking and will be eating veggies for a month just to get back into my trousers! Also wanted to say that the local folks were some of the friendliest that I have ever had the pleasure to meet. Great food, great folks, great trucks!
TRUCKSTOCK!!!!
w

Old 09-16-2012, 06:10 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 52 Ford F1
Met a lot of good people, got to drive and check out a lot of cool trucks, ate until I could eat no more. Great time with great people.

One strange thing happened I can not condone... Pictures below depict the horror...

Before:

After:
I thought we did a pretty good job on Shane's truck. What's not to like?

Old 09-16-2012, 07:18 PM
9teen56f100
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
We just made it home from Truckstock. We could not have had a better time. Shane we would like to thank you and your whole family for the best weekend we've had in a long time. All the FTE'er there were such great people to hang out with. Like others have said Friends Fun and Food... what else could be better!
brian...

Old 09-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Jeff, stop beating yourself up! It's okay. Things happen. Hopefully things will turn around. Maybe next time....

Old 09-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by 52 Ford F1

Before:

After:
Hilarious! We heard a rumble coming up the driveway, and four rat rods pulled in.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
I will post much more later when I get my thoughts together. I am really glad all of you guys made it home safe.

In the meantime, you guys have to picture this--SEVEN FTE members sitting currently in my living room either using a laptop or a smart phone to view FTE at the same time. Lol.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:48 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Most of the interesting subjects have been shown but I'll post a few that I took.
Ross working on Bob's carb
The kids did enjoy Homemade's H2
I think the president called to ask Shane a question. Bob and Eric are advising. That is the rear of Bob's F-2 and the cab of Shane's project F-1
Excellent pickin'
An extremely nice Chevy owned by one of Shane's friends. The owner is on the right and his brother on the left. The brother did much of the work including paint.
Once again, Shane, Thanks for a first class event.

Attached Images      
Old 09-16-2012, 08:34 PM
cruisetopdown
Laughing Gas
Received 273 Likes on 109 Posts
I have uploaded a video of the group leaving Doc's place for the Saturday cruise...Thanks again Doc!
w

Old 09-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 762 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by cruisetopdown
I have uploaded a video of the group leaving Doc's place for the Saturday cruise...Thanks again Doc!
Great video. I hope there are more coming soon.
I really enjoyed just listening to the different engines as they drove by.
Also seeing Bob take that bump a little faster than everyone else.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:56 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Looks like a great event with a bunch of good people, and even letting a Chevy and 4 rat rods in! I guess it won't be so bad when I show up for the next one with my 52F1 powered by Chevy.

That was a great thing you and your family did Doc, hosting. And I hope you got some expert work done on your F1! You have a beautiful place, I wish I could have made it. Cheers!

Old 09-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Well guys....the last of the Truckstock attendees just left. We actually had 6 FTE members stay until this morning. Sitting here on my front porch just reflecting on the whole thing. I can honestly say that I have NEVER been involved in something like this that has gone any more smoothly. The entire week and weekend was just simply one of the best weeks of my life. ALL of the attendees seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves. I never heard the first complaint. I'm looking out across my property and the place looks perfect. No trash, nothing broken or disturbed. The place actually looks better than it did before everyone arrived. The two houses look great both on the inside and the outside. I can honestly tell the rest of you on this forum that we do indeed have something special. It truly is a family of very nice people. We might not regularly see each other in person or talk on the phone, but we do indeed have some very good genuine friends out there.

The rain is starting, and it is forecasted to continue throughout the day. So say a little prayer for the safe travel of the final handful of people who left this am, especially Bob and Michelle and Garry, considering they're driving their bonus builts. I offered to just let them put the trucks in the shop and wait out the rain, but they needed to get home. Since 99% of my cleanup work has already been done for me, I think I'm gonna take a nap and listen to the rain fall. I imagine that we'll post plenty more pictures and comments in the next several days.

Here's to next year and Truckstock 2013!

Quick Reply: Truckstock