Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Indiana's July 2012 BS thread with Uncle Sam, America's Birthday, Burnt Lawns, Vacations & Major BS!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 09:17 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Indiana's July 2012 BS thread with Uncle Sam, America's Birthday, Burnt Lawns, Vacations & Major BS!

Well folks...Welcome to JULY 2012...

Where in the heck is this year flying too?!?!?!?

We'll be leaving on our family RV trek in 13 days...WOOHOO!!!...We'll see Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota before heading home...

Hopefully the gasoline prices will stay in check or go where they should go...LOWER!!!

Okay...July's BS thread is OPEN FOR BUSINESS...have it it folks!!!

Joe.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,139 Likes on 1,684 Posts
Great opening statement Joe, as always......

Old 06-30-2012, 10:05 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Happy Birthday month USA!!!!!

Old 07-01-2012, 02:21 AM
nebo
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love this month!!!

Joe, sounds like the microwave deal worked out good............I bought the misses a true european convection bake oven a few years back.....she really loves it......don't tell her they make microwaves that way.....it's not in the budget right now

well, I'm in nice and early and getting a head start on the heat today........

...have a great day folks and enjoy every blessing that comes your way.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:43 AM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Man, friday was crazy ! My house was out of power for four hours & the cable was out for an additional 23 hours. Believe it or not this is the first time I used the internet since friday afternoon. I wasn't expecting really heavy winds. But, I did manage to have a little fun on friday after the storm. My brother in law cut a big limb (but he found a second one last night some how) off one of the downed trees to make some short bows. It is his most latest hobby. I'll have some pictures that I took of the neighborhood sometime later today posted in this thread. Oh... I burned some limbs to keep the fire going in the grill until the power was restored.

Last edited by KingBigJoe; 07-01-2012 at 05:45 AM. Reason: I added a sentence.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:00 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Happy July 1st Indiana
Good morning to All

Old 07-01-2012, 06:09 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Morning Indiana and all of our IN friends!

If May and June are any indications...it looks like it will be a scortcher of a month...I sure hope not!

Well today we've got Zoe's family birthday party...we'll have about 30 folks over for another gathering...I'll have to ice down the beer and we've got some boneless teriyaki sesame wings, ham and cheese sliders, cheesecake cupcakes (made in that new convection oven), cupcakes, pig decorated cake pops, and lots of snacky stuff...with the temps where they are...we'll be gathering INSIDE today!!!

KBJ...Sorry for your troubles man...lots of folks around here are still without power...they are saying WEDNESDAY until all have power restored!!!...thankfully we only lost our for about 3 hours...I have a generator that I used to keep things lit up because man did it get DARK around here with no lights...even at 3:30 in the afternoon!!!

Have a great one everybody!...I'll try and check in later!...enjoy the day!

Joe.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:20 AM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Joe. Everything is well on my side of Fort Wayne. Sure there are a few gas stations that are closed & a few stop lights out but all in all still good. I lost power only for a few hours but the cable could have been turn back on a lot faster . I didn't like the fact that I missed the Nationwide race at Kentucky friday night !

Last edited by KingBigJoe; 07-01-2012 at 06:20 AM. Reason: I oops'd.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:25 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Yeah...I thought my kids would go through withdrawal...i didn't tell them I could have turned on my hotspot and got them internet...LOL...

Old 07-01-2012, 06:26 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Can't believe how bad the surrounding area got hit and I haven't seen any official reports of this being any tornadoes either...have you?

Old 07-01-2012, 06:30 AM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Can't believe how bad the surrounding area got hit and I haven't seen any official reports of this being any tornadoes either...have you?
30 minutes before the storm hit... I noticed that the sky was turning gray. I didn't think that there would have been tornados running about. I haven't seen or read any reports about what happened friday. Seriously a tornado went through Fort Wayne ?

Old 07-01-2012, 06:34 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Tornadoes have gone through before...thankfully only F1's recently...

Not sure what the strongest to hit the city has been...

Do you remember about 5-7 years ago one going through the retirement community on Washington Center between St. Joe and N. Clinton?...did moderate damages...

Edit: ... looks like my memory fails me again...that one I was thinking of happened in 2001...the last one to hit the city...Towne Retirement center as well as North Crest shopping center...check out the link in the next post of mine...last report in that link...

Old 07-01-2012, 06:36 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
FYI...here's a summary of those that have hit...looks like an F2 was the strongest...THANKFULLY that's all we've seen!...looking at the destruction from the Joplin and other places that have had F5's...man...

Past Fort Wayne Tornadoes

Old 07-01-2012, 06:40 AM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Tornadoes have gone through before...thankfully only F1's recently...

Not sure what the strongest to hit the city has been...

Do you remember about 5-7 years ago one going through the retirement community on Washington Center between St. Joe and N. Clinton?...did moderate damages...
I've been living in Fort Wayne (it self) on & off (but mostly in) since 2009. So, I wouldn't know about the recent tornados that hit Fort Wayne.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:04 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,065 Likes on 4,165 Posts
Good morning Indiana...Happy July!!!

Quick Reply: Indiana's July 2012 BS thread with Uncle Sam, America's Birthday, Burnt Lawns, Vacations & Major BS!