Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

OT/ GOT TO MEET A FTE BROTHER!!

Old 07-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Smokiesman
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OT/ GOT TO MEET A FTE BROTHER!!

Got a PM from one the the brothers here a "Tailgate 77478" aka Mark! Said he and the family were on vacation in the Smokies and would like to meet up. They had a morning of rafting on the Nanatalla River a few miles from here and when they were done they stopped in. What a great guy! nice wife and great kids!! We hit it right off. They wanted to go out to eat so we found a nice Mex resturant and had a great meal. I could see they were very tired and they were going to drive on to Chatanoga Tn . I said you look tired and offered them a stay at our rental on me! That was great because it gave us more time to yak about our favorite subjects Super Dutys and Guns!! They had a good nites sleep and breakfast at our house. Told him he and his family are welcome back anytime. We sure hope he stops in again!! PS: He took some pics with his camera so he will have to post them!!!

Smokie

Old 07-31-2012, 11:08 AM
Supercab
Lead Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
-Thats what its all about!! I've met a couple of Brothers as well, very good experiances!

Old 07-31-2012, 11:27 AM
Franko72
Molon Labe
You are absolutely correct about Mark Smokie, I've met him twice now and hes one swell fella

Old 07-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Smokiesman
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Franko72
You are absolutely correct about Mark Smokie, I've met him twice now and hes one swell fella
I have to agree! Wife and I hope he shows up again!! Help him relieve some of that stress!!

Smokie

Old 07-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Deluxe06
4000 rounds a min
Awsome offer on the Rental. reps sent your way.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Tailgate77478
Laughing Gas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, the Tailgate family made it back safe and sound! Quick story about the trip...I had just finished getting "HIS" Excursion running after 3 weeks, due to a bad IPR. The morning of our trip, we were all packed up and ready to go on our 3,000 mile road trip, and "HERS" Excursion wouldn't start. The dash lights were flashing like a disco. I thought it was just corrosion on the terminals, so cleaned them off, re-attached, same problem. After 2 hours, we piled everything into "HIS" Excursion and off we went. Were nervous, as HIS needs some A/C work done, had 211,000 miles on the ODO, has leaking up pipes, and wasn't "prepped" for our trip. Long story longer...he ran like a champ. Got back last night, threw HERS batteries on a trickle charger...problem solved. Looks like I'm buying new batteries today.

Anyway, the highlight of the trip was going white water rafting in the morning, and meeting Smokiesman and his lovely wife in the afternoon (and evening, and next morning!). Truly a perfect example of "The Brotherhood." Felt like old friends, even when we first met. Can't say enough good things about Smokiesman and his wife, and their generous hospitality. Had a blast. Here's a quick picture of two members of the FTE Brotherhood...

Attached Images  
Old 08-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Supercab
Lead Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Very Nice!! Its all about Brotherhood!! If we could just get everyone else in the world to act like we do towards one anouther the world would be a better place!

Old 08-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Smokiesman
Posting Guru
Hey Tailgate! Glad to hear ya made it back with no problems! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip! Like I told ya the door is always open for you and the family. Would you email the pics you took here ? Thanks !

Smokie

Old 08-03-2012, 12:14 PM
theenforcer
Elder User
Originally Posted by Supercab
Very Nice!! Its all about Brotherhood!! If we could just get everyone else in the world to act like we do towards one anouther the world would be a better place!
it would be great wouldnt it, this forum is great, i have asked questions on forums here (australia) for a friend about his car. a aussie commodore, and got one reply of dont talk to him (me) as i was not a member. i couldnt belive it. everyone starts somewhere. i was not a payed member at FTE at the start and you guys talked openly to me about anything i asked and make newbies feel more than welcome. even if the questions have been asked 1000 times.
i brought my 3 year membership and have only recently renewed it for another 3. a small price to pay for great easygoing people to chat to and mountians of info about anything superduty.
FTE

Old 08-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Smokiesman
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by theenforcer
it would be great wouldnt it, this forum is great, i have asked questions on forums here (australia) for a friend about his car. a aussie commodore, and got one reply of dont talk to him (me) as i was not a member. i couldnt belive it. everyone starts somewhere. i was not a payed member at FTE at the start and you guys talked openly to me about anything i asked and make newbies feel more than welcome. even if the questions have been asked 1000 times.
i brought my 3 year membership and have only recently renewed it for another 3. a small price to pay for great easygoing people to chat to and mountians of info about anything superduty.
FTE
Well said Mate!!!!

Smokie

Old 08-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Franko72
Molon Labe
Originally Posted by Supercab
You couldn't be more right about that Rick! This truly is a great group of people we have here.