Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys This is the place to check out offers from FTE sponsors. Non-sponsor vendors may not post here.

Blue Oval Dismantlers - New Vendor for 48 to 56 Trucks Specializing in part outs

Old 07-25-2012, 04:38 PM
BlueOvalDismantlers
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Oval Dismantlers - New Vendor for 48 to 56 Trucks Specializing in part outs

Hey Guys I have been working on this the past few months to turn what I was doing in my spare time into more of a full time business. This is a second business so it is intended to support itself I am not doing this to make money so prices will always be low. We only do Pre 97 parts for full size Trucks and Broncos.

It seems they merged my FTE account so this is the only one I have now (Formerly Socal73)

Anyway we are in the process of getting rolling but feel free to contact me for anything you might need we can ship anywhere at UPS's lowest rates and we are located on Southern California and source all of our vehicles from the southwest so that means no rust (ATTENTION RUST BELT GUYS!) I have late pick up from UPS so I can usually ship the same day before 4pm Pacific. Larger items I can ship freight (it's cheaper than you think) or are available for local pick up and or delivery in the Southern California Area.

Lastly if you are in the southwest and have an old full size truck or bronco let me know, we pay cash and we will come and get it.

Cheers Mason Perry

I will start a thread in classifieds that will be updated daily. I will post here when that thread is up and running.
<!-- / message -->
<!-- / message -->

Old 07-25-2012, 08:27 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
As a fellow small business owner I wish you the best in your ventures. One thing I wanted to suggest that may or may not help your business. Personally, I only like to deal with small businesses that use USPS (Post Office) for most of their shipping. Flat Rate boxes make things cheaper for the buyer, the post office will pick it up just like UPS, and you don't get ripped by high UPS rates. I ship daily and the post office is cheaper 95% of the time over UPS. For example: I mailed a 30 lb. gear box recently. USPS Priority (2-3 day) with confirmation was $16.95. UPS ground (3-4 day) wanted $27.88 for the same + a residential fee and wouldn't drop it off on Saturday. My customer was happy that I saved them a few bucks. Of course what you do is up to you, just my thoughts. Good luck!

Old 07-25-2012, 10:40 PM
BlueOvalDismantlers
Senior User
Originally Posted by teardropty
As a fellow small business owner I wish you the best in your ventures. One thing I wanted to suggest that may or may not help your business. Personally, I only like to deal with small businesses that use USPS (Post Office) for most of their shipping. Flat Rate boxes make things cheaper for the buyer, the post office will pick it up just like UPS, and you don't get ripped by high UPS rates. I ship daily and the post office is cheaper 95% of the time over UPS. For example: I mailed a 30 lb. gear box recently. USPS Priority (2-3 day) with confirmation was $16.95. UPS ground (3-4 day) wanted $27.88 for the same + a residential fee and wouldn't drop it off on Saturday. My customer was happy that I saved them a few bucks. Of course what you do is up to you, just my thoughts. Good luck!

We ship both but I live rural and USPS won't deliver to my home address so that rules them out automatically, However we have UPS's lowest shipping rates since we also ship other stuff (we ship about 14 to 25 boxes a day via UPS everyday) and I have rarely ever seen USPS beat our UPS shipping prices and lets face it USPS really really sucks with tracking, most of the time I get the package before USPS has even entered the number in their system, UPS is available right away and you can get notifications on when it is delivered. So once again private business trumps government... big suprise.

Thanks for the input, what did you ship? Most of what I ship doesn't fit in flat rate boxes anyway...

Old 07-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Nighthawk756
Senior User
Fantastic! Good luck with your business!

I may very well need some things as I go along in the process of restoring my '56.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:58 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Subscribed

Old 07-25-2012, 11:15 PM
BlueOvalDismantlers
Senior User
Originally Posted by havi
Subscribed

Old 07-26-2012, 12:23 AM
teardropty
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BlueOvalDismantlers
We ship both but I live rural and USPS won't deliver to my home address so that rules them out automatically, However we have UPS's lowest shipping rates since we also ship other stuff (we ship about 14 to 25 boxes a day via UPS everyday) and I have rarely ever seen USPS beat our UPS shipping prices and lets face it USPS really really sucks with tracking, most of the time I get the package before USPS has even entered the number in their system, UPS is available right away and you can get notifications on when it is delivered. So once again private business trumps government... big suprise.

Thanks for the input, what did you ship? Most of what I ship doesn't fit in flat rate boxes anyway...
We ship out replacement parts for vinyl-cutters and printers. I grant you on the big stuff UPS (and Fedex Ground) can be better. Maybe your customers don't mind a $3-5 hit for residential delivery that UPS charges, but mine do. I just know our customers like the flat-rate because they know upfront the cost and no hidden fees. Took too many calls over the past 4 years about fuel surcharges and residential fees. If you like UPS, stay with them. Good luck and enjoy!

Old 07-26-2012, 08:28 AM
cruisetopdown
Laughing Gas
Received 273 Likes on 109 Posts
The biggest problem for me as a buyer is that I want to know when my parts will show up, it let's me plan on what i should work on when I get home from work. The USPS tracking number system is lacking, in that I have never actually seen my shipment in progress...I would gladly pay an extra couple of bucks to know where it is and when it will arrive, also, if there is a lost item UPS,FedEx seems to have better support programs.
Just my 2 cents...
Best of luck on your new endeavor,
Wade

Old 07-26-2012, 08:46 AM
aussiecowboy
Elder User
PM sent mate.