Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

The stories are true!

Old 07-17-2012, 12:23 AM
parkland
Post Fiend
parkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Kajtek1 View Post
80 mph is about what German tanks do on the autobahns. Or at least their speed limit is 120 kph.
There is at least part of this sentence that either :

a) I do not fully understand
b) Makes no ****in sense
c) has zero ****in relevance

Old 07-17-2012, 01:05 AM
arizonasuperduty007
New User
arizonasuperduty007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I hope that's what he was talking about. Those are nice. I used to know a guy that lived out of one of those.

Originally Posted by BCHauler View Post
I believe he was referring to a hybrid trailer. It's a travel trailer that has pop-out tent trailer beds. They are a neat package.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:24 AM
King-bRanch
Postmaster
King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.King-bRanch has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Quad Racer View Post
Wow 80-85 towing a 31' 5er up and down hills. I doubt thats safe. Hopefully you do that away from where my family drives. Your brakes are in no shape to stop that load safely at those speeds. Not to mention running your truck that hard. Suit yourself.

In real world examples (Another Ohio Truck Meet) the diesels didn't fare all that well better than the gassers specially the 6.2.
Yes i can & do easily maintain 80-85 mph but no where did i specify that i was doin that speed in the large hills. I do pace myself accordingly in the hills to keep my family as well as yours safe.

While my pace is faster than yours iam sure please dont worry about me, iam not claiming to be the best driver out there but a "driver" nontheless iam.
I have been driving Truck for a living since 2003, hauled freight for the first 6 months (boring & no money) after i pulled injection molds & specialized tooling for appx 4 years (yes i was 1 of those big Pete's passing all the other trucks in the Gorge where the big trucks arent allowed in the left lane & doing near triple digit speeds for miles on end) & then my son was born & i have been hauling liquid petroleum products (Crude Oil & Gas/Diesel) Locally ever since, doing things w/an 18 wheeler you probaly cant imagine.

I have never had an accident of any kind & ive driven in god awful snow/ice conditions while most all other traffic waited it out (flat land & mountains), also please dont tell me what my brakes can & cant handle or what i can & cant do.

Ive hauled over 90,000 pounds (permited) on my trailers deck more times than you've pulled your travel trailer iam sure.
I have also owned a built 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa since the day it was new, even raced on the Dragons-Tail in Deals Gap a few times & have been over 200 mph many times!!!

Iam sorry for coming off like this (been on here since last Oct w/all these good people) but i refuse to be insulted & have anyone think that i would purposely do anything to endanger my 2 yr old daughter, 5 yr old son or my wife......Rant Off

Old 07-17-2012, 05:54 AM
mikeismadness
Posting Guru
mikeismadness has a good reputation on FTE.mikeismadness has a good reputation on FTE.mikeismadness has a good reputation on FTE.
Where's our pics?!?! I wanna see your new beast!

Old 07-17-2012, 05:57 AM
sammy77
Postmaster
sammy77 has a spectacular reputation.sammy77 has a spectacular reputation.sammy77 has a spectacular reputation.sammy77 has a spectacular reputation.sammy77 has a spectacular reputation.sammy77 has a spectacular reputation.sammy77 has a spectacular reputation.sammy77 has a spectacular reputation.sammy77 has a spectacular reputation.sammy77 has a spectacular reputation.sammy77 has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by BCHauler View Post
I believe he was referring to a hybrid trailer. It's a travel trailer that has pop-out tent trailer beds. They are a neat package.

Yes, we were kidding...

Old 07-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Mello Mike
New User
Mello Mike is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by mikeismadness View Post
Where's our pics?!?! I wanna see your new beast!
I agree. Let's see them!

Old 07-17-2012, 09:27 AM
HuntsDucks70
Senior User
HuntsDucks70 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.HuntsDucks70 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by parkland View Post

b) Makes no ****in sense
100% agree, you really got to wonder......maybe he posted after a night of partying, that might explain it?

Old 07-17-2012, 11:57 AM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
VONxRUBENxLA is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by mikeismadness View Post
Not to bust your ***** or anything...

Today on the way home from work some younger guy like me pulled up next to me in his modded 6.4 PSD. He kinda revved it up at me at the stop light and when it turned green we both gave her hell and my v10 hung right with him like it was nothing!

I'm glad you like your new toy and i hope you enjoy just as much as your v10 if not more!
What do you have done to your V10?

Old 07-17-2012, 12:50 PM
mikeismadness
Posting Guru
mikeismadness has a good reputation on FTE.mikeismadness has a good reputation on FTE.mikeismadness has a good reputation on FTE.
Just a drop in K&N, car back flow master system, and a diablo predator on 87 tune.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:05 PM
TWolf
Elder User
TWolf is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have owned a 97 F-250 7.3 diesel, 99 F-250 7.3 diesel, 2000 Dodge cummings, 96 Ford F-350 460, 2001 Excursion V-10 and now a 99 F-250 V-10. I think the best one was the 97. The family just out grew it. I have pulled a 2003 Nash TT with all of them. It weighed in at 8300 dry and over 10,000 wet. I really noticed the difference between the V-10 and the diesels.

Between the two V-10s, the Excursion with the auto pulled better the the F-250 with a 5 speed. Not sure what gears were/are in them. The current F-250 I can go run at 40 mph in 5th gear. It goes up 4th of July pass in Idaho great when not pulling. I can get to the top without shifting down. With the TT, I am down to 3rd gear and about 35 to 40 mph. I am disappointed in the lack of pulling power of the V-10 with the 5 speed. I spent more time shifting than I really wanted to. Just not use to being slowed down on the smallest of hills.

Fuel mileage wise, if I drive 65 mph with the F-250 and no trailer, I have gotten up to 14.8. With the TT, I got 10.4 going over to Spokane WA from Missoula MT, then on the retrun trip I averaged 9.2. I don't think that is to bad. Not sure what all I can do to the V-10 to give it more pulling power.

Your truck sounds nice.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:46 PM
FordGuy85
Elder User
FordGuy85 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by dkf View Post

Saying something like that can get your man card revoked and your *** kicked around here.
Lol!! I ment a hybrid camper! You know, like a inclosed one with pop out sides like a pop up camper. They are really nice.
I am guessing you thought I was talking about a Prius right?

Old 07-17-2012, 02:55 PM
FordGuy85
Elder User
Originally Posted by Mello Mike View Post
I agree. Let's see them!
Lol I would put my junk in a meat grinder if it ever came to buying a prius.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Kajtek1
Postmaster
Kajtek1 has a very good reputation on FTE.Kajtek1 has a very good reputation on FTE.Kajtek1 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by parkland View Post

b) Makes no ****in sense
Sorry for making my replies requiring some thinking
Previous reply suggested towing a trailer at 80 mph is danger, so I posted different sample, that tanks driven on the autobahn at 80 mph are consider safe.
What makes a trailer pulled 80 mph on US freeways danger?
Why 60 tons or so tank at 80 mph on autobahn can be perfectly safe?

Old 07-17-2012, 03:04 PM
FordGuy85
Elder User
Originally Posted by sammy77 View Post
Yes, we were kidding...
Sorry Mello, ment to quote Sammy.
Anyways, I hate Priuses.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:45 PM
mikeismadness
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by FordGuy85 View Post
Sorry Mello, ment to quote Sammy.
Anyways, I hate Priuses.
Me too! Pick them out from my grill time to time

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The stories are true!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.