WVO Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 07:44 PM
mruelh
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WVO Problem

I changed fuel lines from fuel pump and now truck won't start. All troubleshooting points to bad fuel pump, but it's only 3 months old, so I just wanna make sure I didn't screw up when I was putting it all back together.

Here's what the pic shows-and it's taken standing on passenger side
line 1-goes down to metal line on driver side of fuel bowl and then towards front of truck
line 2-goes to VO tank
line 3-goes into T with one end going down to fuel pump
line 4-goes into the T shared with 3
line 5-goes to VO tank
line 6-goes into fuel control manifold, which is attached to drivers side of fuel bowl
This is the 2 soleniod sytem that ws used briefly-now they use a 3 soleniod sytem, and I can find no drawings on the one I have.
Any help?

Attached Images  
Old 03-01-2013, 03:27 PM
genscripter
Cargo Master
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
I have the 7.3 IDI, so I'm not sure if it's different in terms of fuel systems, but I'm not sure I follow your setup.

You say Line 1 goes from the filter bowl? Is that a supply line? Sounds like your sequencing is off.

On my engine, the diesel fuel pump is BEFORE the diesel filter head. So when I tap into my "Line #1", it's after the diesel filter head which by definition is after the diesel fuel pump. Then my "Line #2" is the supply line from my veg tank. My "Line #3" goes into the IP. My #4, #5, and #6 lines go back to a return valve that returns back to either the diesel or veg tanks.

So when you say "goes into T with one end going down to fuel pump," it leads me to believe you are using the diesel pump to pump both veg and diesel? Why is it after your filter bowl? maybe PSD's are different, and I'm confused.

It'd help if you refered to your lines as "Return" or "Supply" too. The phrase "goes back to VO tank" doesn't tell me directionality.

It'd help if you photographed your whole engine compartment and you traced your flow directionality by drawing lines on the image. And posted that image to the forum.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:40 AM
mruelh
Freshman User
Hey Gen, thanks for reply.
#1 (I said) runs NEXT to the fuel bowl.
Talked to Charles from Golden Fuel Systems, and he thinks my lines are right based on that pic and description.
It ran for 5 minutes after we got it back together, so for now I'm gonna assume it's right.
Here' the kicker-after climbing over this thing for 3 days, I found a rubber line that goes into the bottom of fuel bowl towards the front passenger tire that didn't get hooked back up. I know,,,duh right?!?!?
So now I'm waithing on a new ball check valve and screen(goes in FPR) that got lost in this process.
It's coming Tuesday, so I'll find out for sure then.
In spite of my mistakes, I was very careful to mark the lines, I was just searching all possibilities.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:38 PM
genscripter
Cargo Master
Cool. looks like you have a system.

On a tangential note, where did you get those fittings on your selector valves? Are they aluminum?

Old 03-03-2013, 05:59 PM
mruelh
Freshman User
They came with the solenoids( selector valves), from Golden Fuel Systems. Put them on a month ago when one went bad. They must be brass, definitely not aluminum.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:36 PM
genscripter
Cargo Master
Ah. I'd love to have those type of fittings in aluminum, but I couldn't find them. so I went with aluminum hose bib fittings from McMaster. But their 90degree bends are clunky and take up a lot of space.

You may want to invest in aluminum. Brass, Copper, and Steel reacts with Veg.