6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Glow Shift 3in1 gauges - anyone tried these?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 01:29 PM
f150crewcab
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glow Shift 3in1 gauges - anyone tried these?

I came across these Glow Shift 3 in 1 gauges:
Black Face 3in1 Combo Gauges

Has anyone tried this gauge yet? Reactions?

Gauges have one analog and 2 digital readings in either black or white faced. Combos include Boost, EGT, ECT; or Boost, EGT, Pressue (Fuel, Air or Oil).

Seems like a good idea to get 3 readings in one place to augment my SGII.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:51 PM
f150crewcab
Mountain Pass
bump & does anyone have a recent Glow Shift discount code? Thanks.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:07 PM
jfralph
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any Lab rats out there?

I am also interrested. Found them to be less for three gauges and the pillar mount than the cost of one autometer gauge. There is some additional cost for some installation kits and a sesor for one of the gauges. Still way less than name brand gauges.

Concern, are the name brand worth the extra, or just paying for the name.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:29 PM
bohrer54
Freshman User
I had the glow shift triple pillar gauges and mount in my 2000 7.3. they were the 3 color gauges. i was happy with them, seemed to work good for the price.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:00 PM
jfralph
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, that is what I was looking for, first hand knowledge. How long did you have them in the truck? Do you still have the truck?

Old 07-24-2012, 02:04 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
seen a few come in with them, all seemed to work fine and not look to bad

Old 07-24-2012, 05:50 PM
dakotajeep
Laughing Gas
I understand the almight dollar dirves most choices but why not go with a EDGE CT or CTS? Way more to monitor...

Thad

Old 07-24-2012, 06:36 PM
f150crewcab
Mountain Pass
For me, I already have the SGII, so I wanted another gauge for other metrics, such as EGT, which the SGII doesn't do.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:26 PM
bohrer54
Freshman User
I had them in the pickup for about a year and a half, then i sold the pickup. I really enjoyed being able to switch color while driving, found out that the red color is much easier on the eyes then say green or blue while driving all night.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by f150crewcab
For me, I already have the SGII, so I wanted another gauge for other metrics, such as EGT, which the SGII doesn't do.
Yep, that's the same reason I got my dual-guage - but I wanted Fuel Pressure and voltage.
Here's the thread with my pics.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post11979546

Definitely worth the effort and it keeps the grab handle.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:11 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
Received 337 Likes on 209 Posts
I have 5 of the glow shift gauges and I like 'em. The fuel pressure gauge sending unit went south and the tech help is worthless. The sending unit was cheap enough that i didn't even bother messing with tech support and ordered a new one. I have the 7 color white face analog and think they are a great value.

I put 4 in a pod ontop of the rear view mirror and one I drilled into the dash with a holesaw, install looks factory.

Go for it buddy, you won't be disappointed. Alot of guys are hung up on spending hundreds and hundres of dollars on gauges. You already have the scangaugeII (A NECESSITY!!!!!) and a few other glow gauges, you'll be set

Old 07-25-2012, 01:37 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
that looks like a pretty neat combo package. kinda wish I had used it
Originally Posted by joe blow
I have 5 of the glow shift gauges and I like 'em. The fuel pressure gauge sending unit went south and the tech help is worthless. The sending unit was cheap enough that i didn't even bother messing with tech support and ordered a new one. I have the 7 color white face analog and think they are a great value.
I love the way my Glowshifts work. Color changes are easy. Got them all red at the moment and my Scangauge II is red as well. Contrasts the green inst. cluster and is easy to read at night.

I too have a sending unit/sensor going south. My EGT freaks out at 60 mph while going uphill and pegs high. Works perfectly driving around town...so I've ignored it for now. Probe is cheap so I'll replace when it annoys me enough, or I do true highway driving.

I went with Glowshift because for $270 shipped, I got 4 gauges and the pod. Good luck doing that with an Edge. Gotta save money where you can, and the Glowshifts are not too bad for the $$$ IMO

Old 07-25-2012, 09:39 AM
joe blow
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Tylus
that looks like a pretty neat combo package. kinda wish I had used it

I love the way my Glowshifts work. Color changes are easy. Got them all red at the moment and my Scangauge II is red as well. Contrasts the green inst. cluster and is easy to read at night.

I too have a sending unit/sensor going south. My EGT freaks out at 60 mph while going uphill and pegs high. Works perfectly driving around town...so I've ignored it for now. Probe is cheap so I'll replace when it annoys me enough, or I do true highway driving.

I went with Glowshift because for $270 shipped, I got 4 gauges and the pod. Good luck doing that with an Edge. Gotta save money where you can, and the Glowshifts are not too bad for the $$$ IMO
Agreed 100%. Luckily I had the EGT covered and didn't need that particular gauge from glowshift. The good thing is their sending units for ECT and OIL temps are the same exact sending unit and they are cheap. Buy a few for spares and if they go bad, 10.00 later youre back in business. As long as the gauge cycles properly on startup, the gauge is fine.

****One side note**** The gauges require you to wire DC+ constant for gauge color memory (not sure if the same for combo gauge). I am not sure how many milliamps these things draw.....BUT.....After sitting for 4-5 days and my batteries, alternator and wiring are in tip top condition mind you, these little suckers made for a slower than normal crank. Hard to believe that they draw that much. I figure the draw to be as much as a radio, but now figure five radios. Either way I opted out of the memory wire and just reset the color everytime I start up, no more issues....just a thought

Old 07-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Wierd. Mine been in almost a year with no battery draw issues. My batteries are almost brand new as well though

Old 07-25-2012, 12:17 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
I hear ya....that is what I thought. It has been years and since then I R&R'd alternators and both batteries....I'd bet it was a bad battery starting to show it's age. Either way I have heard of several occasions where guys have let their truck sit for a week (s) and the gauges killed the truck.

Quick Reply: Glow Shift 3in1 gauges - anyone tried these?