Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

This might be an official BS thread - Beethoven's 9th played out on the plaza

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 11:54 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
let it rain...let it rain...let it rain. raining this morning in Owasso. It feels good. My lawn and bushes are rejoicing. lol.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:24 PM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No kidding, my trees were starting to drop leaves like crazy. But now all my ditches up a skiatook will be full of water come Monday morning. But I will reding them happily because we finally got some much needed rain.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by jwtimme
No kidding, my trees were starting to drop leaves like crazy. But now all my ditches up a skiatook will be full of water come Monday morning. But I will reding them happily because we finally got some much needed rain.
Yes, and no. Yes in that it is GREAT! And, no in that there won't be any ditches in Skiatook that are full of water. We've been on the very edge of the rain, and according to the Weather Channel's map we've gotten .1" to this point - and that inc's the lake area. But, I see that those of you in Sapulpa have gotten an inch or more. We'll take what we've gotten, but would like what you've gotten!

Old 08-18-2012, 01:11 PM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
It looked like there was more rain than that up around the lake. It's still comming in hopefully u will get some more before the days over

Old 08-25-2012, 07:49 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Well the cooler weather and rain showers is a nice addition lately. We can walk on our yard and not hear it go 'CruncH' now.

We've been fighting the black ants the last couple weeks. I hate the little buggers. I've gone thru so much ant spray on the outside of the house and bait traps in the house. Anybody else seeing more black ants inside?

Old 08-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by cigarxtc
Well the cooler weather and rain showers is a nice addition lately. We can walk on our yard and not hear it go 'CruncH' now.

We've been fighting the black ants the last couple weeks. I hate the little buggers. I've gone thru so much ant spray on the outside of the house and bait traps in the house. Anybody else seeing more black ants inside?
The ants are what you get for having rain. We've only had a trace of rain and no ants. All the rain has gone south or west of us - in spite of the weatherman having promised an inch.

EDIT: Ok, so maybe we'll have ants? The WeatherChannel's map shows us to have had 1" so far and, hopefully, more to come.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:08 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone else getting blinded on southbound 169 leaving Owasso at night?

Now that gas prices went up 14 cents due to Isaac, will they fall 14 cents when the rigs are opened back up?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:04 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Originally Posted by MikeB 88
Anyone else getting blinded on southbound 169 leaving Owasso at night?

Not me. But the newer cheby truck headlights sure seem way tooooo bright. It's blinding and they are not running their highbeams. Just tonight I couldnt see the lines in my lane and i hit my highbeams just to try to see my lane, only to see they were not running their high beams when they passed me. That is so dang annoying. I used to think the HID autos were bad.....but now these newer cheby truck headlights are the worst.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:25 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ron, I was talking about that new LED billboard at the train bridge!!! You can see it all the from 76th street.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:11 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
OH. lol. I havent seen that yet. There's one of those near Hwy 44 and S. Memorial. I'm surprised more people dont complain about how bright it is. I'll have to take a trip down 169 to see this new one.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:18 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Woohooo. The Owasso Chilli Festival is coming next month!!!

This is a great family event to check out. They have some great chilis and amazing salsa's to sample and vote on. There is usually bounce houses and activities for the little kiddos.

this year it's at the park near the Owasso Y.

I can't wait!!!

Owasso Chili Festival

Old 09-05-2012, 10:28 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
I learned Tuesday night to not rely on the local phone numbers for Tulsa police, if you need to reach them. DO NOT CALL THEIR SWITCHBOARD. We had an incident with some tweekers or possible robbers try to get into our building Tuesday night, while at work. Three numbers had me sitting on hold waiting for the police to pick up. We finally gave up and went across the street to talk to a cop that just happened to come out there for a few minutes. He also advised to just call 911 and tell them it's a non-emergency, if that's what it is.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Did they catch the guys?

By the way, I hope the chilli festival is indoors. At these temps very few people will eat hot stuff.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:16 AM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
It's accually against the law to call 911 for non-emergency, there was a guy somewhere just this week get thrown in jail for calling 911 a couple times with a non-emergeny. From the sound clips he was under the influence of something. That may not apply to normal people but surprised a cop told u to do so.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
There's a difference between calling in "suspicious activity" and a drunk calling in asking for a ride to the beer store........
I still firmly believe in shoot first, then call 911 to have them clean up the mess. Dead people commit no crimes........

Quick Reply: This might be an official BS thread - Beethoven's 9th played out on the plaza