Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Washington Chapter July Bullspit Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 10:20 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening folks.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:45 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Good Saturday morning Washington

Good morning Casey, Crash, GJ, and the guys !

Another funny Casey, way to go

Old 07-22-2012, 08:32 AM
crash1
Posting Guru
hello,hello

Old 07-22-2012, 10:42 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Evening guys. Well i didn't win anything at the car show but i got to finally meet a fellow FTE member and i got to meet a guy who had a nicer truck than i did. His was a 70s pickup that was lifted with huge tires, it was cool. He liked the bronco too, i also might be able to get a new aluminum grill trim if i can get ahold of him. He said he has a few that are in great condition.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:50 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Oh and i guess i should give you guys some pictures huh?

My spot

They had me park on tire on the curb since i had a truck with big tires

The truck next to me didn't get driven much, and i even got to assist him in fixing it by giving him some vacuum caps for his carb.

He has a very nice, clean motor.

He even had the saddle style boxes and they were in good condition.

And my "trophy" since didn't actually win anything. This is the fist time i was able to enter a vehicle and actually get it to this show.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:43 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Good Monday morning Washington

Hey GJ look great, you made the show, that what counts, motor looks good, next time you'll
win one

Thanks for the pics, look great

Old 07-23-2012, 09:35 AM
crash1
Posting Guru
booyaa....lol

Old 07-23-2012, 01:29 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Thanks Dennis, i do have doubts about winning anything in these shows as people see the older trucks that are normally lowered as the bigger deal. Though i did have a lot of people commenting on how nice it looked and how the chain steps on the side looked really cool. 1 point for me . I think another factor is seeing a "kid" sitting behind it or showing the inside off or something like that, they expect someone older i guess.

Oh well, it's mainly all about being there and showing off he truck.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:08 PM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Howdy GJ, that exactly right, it not only about winning, it's the pride that someone comes up an says, man that a sharp truck, makes one feel good
You accomplish something

Old 07-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Behemoth
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Of course winning feels nice, but it's the reason it feels nice that's important. All too often I see people at these shows that focus entirely too much on whether they get a trophy or not, and it's a little annoying. A perfect example of this is the General Store car show here in Spokane during the summer. It's a nice little show, but they announce the trophies about half way through the show, and everybody crowds to find out if they've won anything. That's all fine and good, but once the trophies are handed out, a LOT of these wingnuts get in their cars and take off.....with half the show yet to go! They don't even care that maybe people are still coming that want to see some nice rides....they're more concerned if they won anything, and then they take off. In my opinion, they're the ones that have missed the big picture.

The point of winning a trophy is not the trophy itself....it's that they're recognizing the work that you've put into your ride, and they're showing their appreciation in a physical form. It doesn't mean their appreciation has stopped now that you've got your trophy. People that focus on amassing trophies have missed the point.....car shows are a social event, and shoving a trophy in the trunk and bailing early isn't very social at all.

My buddy's son tells me that when I finally take Buford out to a show, I'm going to win a trophy, to which I respond "That's fine, but it doesn't really matter to me if I win anything". He asks me if it's not important, then why did I build the truck?....to which my response is, "So I could get a good parking spot at the show!" (he really hates that response). Anyway, my point is that trophies are all well and good, and as long as you realize that it's just a token of others appreciation, then that's all it has to be. Personally, I'd rather not win a thing and have people personally tell me that they like my ride, than to win a little piece of plastic that supposedly says the same thing.

I know I tend to ramble, but as you said you're young, I figured that a little perspective about trophies might be in order. They're nice, but not worth ever having your feelings hurt, or think that people think less of you.... those people that stopped by to tell you something nice about your truck to your face, have more value than any little trophy could ever have. Just my $0.02

Old 07-23-2012, 06:53 PM
crash1
Posting Guru
hello hello

Old 07-23-2012, 07:06 PM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Originally Posted by Behemoth
Of course winning feels nice, but it's the reason it feels nice that's important. All too often I see people at these shows that focus entirely too much on whether they get a trophy or not, and it's a little annoying. A perfect example of this is the General Store car show here in Spokane during the summer. It's a nice little show, but they announce the trophies about half way through the show, and everybody crowds to find out if they've won anything. That's all fine and good, but once the trophies are handed out, a LOT of these wingnuts get in their cars and take off.....with half the show yet to go! They don't even care that maybe people are still coming that want to see some nice rides....they're more concerned if they won anything, and then they take off. In my opinion, they're the ones that have missed the big picture.

The point of winning a trophy is not the trophy itself....it's that they're recognizing the work that you've put into your ride, and they're showing their appreciation in a physical form. It doesn't mean their appreciation has stopped now that you've got your trophy. People that focus on amassing trophies have missed the point.....car shows are a social event, and shoving a trophy in the trunk and bailing early isn't very social at all.

My buddy's son tells me that when I finally take Buford out to a show, I'm going to win a trophy, to which I respond "That's fine, but it doesn't really matter to me if I win anything". He asks me if it's not important, then why did I build the truck?....to which my response is, "So I could get a good parking spot at the show!" (he really hates that response). Anyway, my point is that trophies are all well and good, and as long as you realize that it's just a token of others appreciation, then that's all it has to be. Personally, I'd rather not win a thing and have people personally tell me that they like my ride, than to win a little piece of plastic that supposedly says the same thing.

I know I tend to ramble, but as you said you're young, I figured that a little perspective about trophies might be in order. They're nice, but not worth ever having your feelings hurt, or think that people think less of you.... those people that stopped by to tell you something nice about your truck to your face, have more value than any little trophy could ever have. Just my $0.02
Howdy Behemoth, that was very well spoken, and right on the money

Old 07-23-2012, 07:20 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Behemoth

Very nice indeed, i have been doing car shows for years now though and i definitely appreciate nice comments about my pig over getting a trophy. I know what you mean about people leaving early due to losing or if they get a trophy. I used to hang out with a big group of Mustang people and there were a few bad eggs that did that.

I think the only reason i would be upset in the slightest was that it was a Chevy that beat me But whatever, I still have the trophy of experience.

Going into this show, i pretty much knew i wasn't going to win, there are better looking trucks out there. So i had already accepted the fact of losing and figured, "hey if i win then great". The other trophy i have is being able to say i was also in the parade they have and got to waste a few gallons of gas on revving the engine. That was fun too, though next year if i do a parade i will make sure the kids get some candy vs exhaust gases, i'm sure it will taste better.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:42 PM
caseys
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
xxxxxxxxxx

Old 07-23-2012, 09:18 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by caseys
Good morning... finally got some sleep. Slept into about noon today after working my three-day weekend from noon to 3a each day. Took today and tomorrow off to recover.

Great pics from the truck show, wished I had a truck like you guys but will have to just settle for our Explorer and my wannbe Ranger.
Well then good morning sunshine Thanks, i should have gotten more but didn't think about it. My mom got a video of me in he parade with it but we have to get it off her cell phone first.

Quick Reply: Washington Chapter July Bullspit Thread!