New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah. i like easy!!

Old 07-23-2012, 12:27 PM
koolchange
Senior User
Good Afternoon all.

GT: That was great news on the car. Sounds like your Young Man has his priorities straight. Good Job!

Roswell: I am glad to see that the window motor repair went simple. A few years back I replaced the one in the Bronco's tailgate, and did not really understand what a torsion bar was all about. I was introduced in a very rude manner when I pulled that last bolt out.

Chief: Did you guys rule the rest of the tourney?

Old 07-23-2012, 06:16 PM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Good evening Georgia ! Hope everyone day went well

Thanks a lot Kyle, he's getting there, this is a four door automatic,
which he really needs for the baby coming, that gti 5spd, was too small!

Way to go Roswell

Chief that good to hear, now you know they can be beat, you'll be able to go
in positive ! Take care tomorrow.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:04 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,897 Likes on 1,145 Posts
Hello GA friends! Chief, I got your message... Sadly I've been neglecting my GA chapter brothers. I spent the first couple weeks of this month frantically working so I could go to RRE (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...nt-2012-a.html) last week. While this is primarily a PSD group, the GTG is largely about hanging out with other truck guys/gals. I think we had about 100 adults and 30ish kids. We take over a KOA campground in Newport, TN for most of the week, rent the local 1/8mi track on Friday and have a dyno all day on Saturday. My boys (and dog Daisy) rolled in on Tuesday afternoon and left after lunch on Sunday. I stayed up tooooo late and drank tooooo much every nite and got to see many friends I only see a couple times/year and made a handful of new friends. This is a GREAT group to hang out with!!

Here's my ~11k lb 6spd dually at the drag strip - thanks to 3 kids in the truck hootin n hollerin, we HAD to make 16 passes... This run was against my friend Mike from NJ. We had JUST finished his WVO conversion and as far as I know, this is the first time 2 VO-powered rigs ever went down a racetrack! Yeah, he spanked me with an automatic and >3k lb lighter truck - but we had fun anyway!!! I was easily the heaviest rig there - by A LOT... (click image for video)

Fwiw, I was only 6mph slower than Mike!

Here's a shot on the rollers - made 370hp/685tq in 'hot' tune and 320hp in my daily-driver/tow tune!! While burning straight vegetable oil!!!!

Yes, the crowd was hungry after my pulls. Lol.

I built this to be a champion tow-rig and that it is. I've towed my 5ver and lately Toy Hauler all over the country to live in while I'm workin' out of town. This truck pulls the steepest interstate grades in the country at 22-24k lbs GCVW with the hammer down and has no problem doing it.

A couple shots of my Excursion ended up in Diesel Power's coverage of this event last year!

Old 07-24-2012, 08:37 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Good Morning Good People.

SKY: That is soooo badazzz, particularly the French Fry Dyno. Dude that may be a first ever.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:41 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Glad to hear from you SKY, It does look like a good time was had by all. Just got back from a trip into Macedonia. The downtown was Cool. Big shopping mall, museums, fountians. I will have to post a pic or two when I get back to the room tonight.
They use the Cyrillic alaphabet, same as the russians. They have a very modern downtown.

I will be off the net during the day tomorrow, running a firing range...can't wait -NOT.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:10 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Howdy Chief. If it were only possible I would trade with you on the range day. I need some Range time it has been way to long. I bought a Kahr 9 last year to conceal carry and have not fired a single round with it. I guess I should have just bought a Judge instead, and forgot about range time.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:05 AM
koolchange
Senior User
By the way does anyone need a 71 model steering wheel. You would need to get the center insert (I had a DUH moment pulling it out), but otherwise it is pristine. I would donate it to a GA chapter regular with a worthy cause.

KC

Old 07-24-2012, 01:12 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Hope the range goes quick. I do not get to fire, I am just running it, I fire on Friday. M4 with 2 1/2 power scope, AWESOME !!! M9 pistol is fun and not too difficult. Just up early to get it set up. It will pretty much run itself. My roomie went today and he is sun burnt and worn out.

No use for a steering wheel but thanks for the offer to the group.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:30 PM
koolchange
Senior User
Yup I am an old Revolver Fan. Just have to hit what you aim, too bad your out in 6 clicks....5 if you empty chamber safety. My old man was a Atlanta Homicide Cop so I grew up weapon in hand, and always at the range with him.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:42 PM
siloketh
Senior User
No newish truck for me so it looks like a plan B is now an option, a newish motorcycle. Amazingly, the girlfriend preferred that over another truck with a working AC

Old 07-25-2012, 04:46 AM
460 FORD MAN
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good morning Georgia! Looks like another HOT day today.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:51 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Happy Hump Day Georgia

Good morning Chief, Kyle, Keth, Sky and the guys !

I'm not much with guns, have a few,but no time for the range!

Sky, that is awesome, way to go, and thanks for the pics

Old 07-25-2012, 06:13 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Hi All amd happy hump day!!!
We got done with the range quick, less than 3 hrs and 20 people trained. We had cloud cover and it was humid but not too bad. I will try and post a few pics of my trip tonight.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:00 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Good Morning. Chief, Dennis, Silo, 460, and all the rest of the GA Gang.

Chief: Good job on the Range Duty no medical attention need and the only thing shot up was a bunch of paper silhouettes.

I love Wednesday, because that is the day I drive the Seven Four to work. I think the Magnaflows are beginning to Tone in cause they sure are sounding sweet.

Quick Reply: Welcome to the July Chat thread !!!!