Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Indiana's July 2012 BS thread with Uncle Sam, America's Birthday, Burnt Lawns, Vacations & Major BS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 09:46 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning Indiana

Good morning Joe and the gang

Old 07-07-2012, 10:44 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Joe, Markham is about 3.5 hrs south of me near Toronto, that sounds like a weapon there for lighting Cigs huh

So yer camping for almost 3 weeks huh, sounds great

Gotch Gerry...

Yes it is quite the weapon for sure!!!

Yes we'll be pulling the camper near 4000 miles at ~8mpg so roughly 500+ gallons of 87 petrol...BUT we'll be seeing some awesome sights that money can't buy!...we just got back from Sam's club buying some of the "bulk" items for the trip...we're usually pretty loaded down pulling out of FW...we consume most everything by the time we return...we try and plan our meals out so we're not carrying too much or too little...knowing obviously we can replenish stuff as we travel if needed!...

Old 07-07-2012, 10:46 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Originally Posted by 1OldFordMan
Is this what you're talking about? Read the story (don't claim to understand much of it).

Malware may knock thousands off Internet on Monday - Yahoo! News

Pat...yup...that sounds like the same crud...

A simple scan will tell you if you have to worry or not...

Good luck!

Old 07-07-2012, 10:48 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Also I forgot to mention this earlier...Today is the 8th anniversary of a day means a lot to me...

7/7/04 was the day that changed my life forever...that's the day I was in my horrific motorcycle wreck in Denver CO...

The doctors gave me less than a 1% chance of waking up...I really shouldn't be here...but thankfully after 3+ months in a level 1 trauma center and ~17 surgeries and ultimatley through our good Lord...I am here to share my 8th anniversary with all of you!

Glad I am able to share it with such awesome people...there is a reason for everything in our lives...most we never understand...this...well let's just say I'm glad to be able to be typing this to you!

Have a great day everyone.

God Bless us all...today especially for me!

Thanks,
Joe.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:57 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Howdy Joe, that is awesome buddy, thank God for his help, you are surely blessed.
I'm so glad for you recovery, because you are one great guy, and I am honored to call you my friend!

God Bless!

Old 07-07-2012, 11:55 AM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Good morning everyone, have a great Saturday, dont forget the Daytona race tonight, go Fords...

Hey Joe

I didn't forget about the race tonight. I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to predict that Dale Jr. will win.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:58 AM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Also I forgot to mention this earlier...Today is the 8th anniversary of a day means a lot to me...

7/7/04 was the day that changed my life forever...that's the day I was in my horrific motorcycle wreck in Denver CO...

The doctors gave me less than a 1% chance of waking up...I really shouldn't be here...but thankfully after 3+ months in a level 1 trauma center and ~17 surgeries and ultimatley through our good Lord...I am here to share my 8th anniversary with all of you!

Glad I am able to share it with such awesome people...there is a reason for everything in our lives...most we never understand...this...well let's just say I'm glad to be able to be typing this to you!

Have a great day everyone.

God Bless us all...today especially for me!

Thanks,
Joe.
Thank goodness your still around. Imagine what FTE would be like without you around here....

Old 07-07-2012, 02:52 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Good afternoon and happy Saturday...enjoy!

Old 07-07-2012, 07:21 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Well guys...THANK YOU for the very kind words!

It has been a crazy busy day for us around here...

First thing this morning I met my buddy over my in-laws place so he can "appraise" their '61 Vette...here she is...

Then I came home and hit Sam's Club with Tracey...we got a bunch of the stuff for the 3 week RV trip...

Came home and got all that put away.

Then had a quick bite for lunch...

Went outside and mowed the "hay"...there were just enough tall straggler shoots that were pissing me off so I hacked it all down even...

Next I cooled down with a barley pop...

Then I started working on the electronics...I needed to load everyone's Ipods, Kindles, laptop, etc with movies, music and apps...that took about 3 hours by the time I got everyone loaded up with all their electronic gizmos...!

Then I packed up my bag for my flight out to SoCal tomorrow...

Then I decided to check my GPS to see if there was a new map upload...there was...so I continued my electronics update and updated the maps on my Garmin...

Then I cooked up 2 large bags of chicken tenders that have been marinating since yesterday...we'll cook them up in the convection oven and freeze them for things like chicken salad, chicken wraps, chicken quesadillas, and the like while we're traveling...they'll freeze real nice and we only have to pluck out what we need for that day...

THEN...I sat down and enjoyed my second barley pop...okay...maybe my 4th by this time...and I enjoyed a cigar or two...they are very short ones...maybe a 10 minute size...

Then we ate dinner...and here I am...WOW...what a day!

I've still got a few things to do before I turn on the race...and enjoy a Woodford on the rocks!

Okay...time to relax...figured I'd check in and show the picture of the Vette...

Hope everyone is staying cool...we did top out over 100° yet again today...

See you guys tomorrow!

Joe.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,149 Likes on 1,686 Posts
Whata slacker, how can you sleep at night.............

No really that all sounds great, have fun

Old 07-07-2012, 09:13 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
This had me thinking of you Joe;

Old 07-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,149 Likes on 1,686 Posts
Good one Bryan, its cooling off for the night up here now........

Old 07-08-2012, 06:30 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Morning Indiana and all of our IN friends!

Bryan...that is EXACTLY how I felt and how my pup looked last night!...you nailed it man!!!

Happy Sunday everyone!...even if I have to fly again...

But the good news...I get home on Thursday and we leave on Friday for our near 3 week RV trip through some more of our beautiful country...after this trip our 13 and 15 yr old girls will have been in 40 states!!!

I was able to watch the NASCAR race last night...it was a typical plate race for much of the middle part...but sure got exciting at the end...WOW...another typical "big one"...it's sad they just don't "let em' run!!!"...

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and a great week ahead...

Oh yeah...the triple digits have FINALLY broken in Indiana...we'll "only" be in the upper 80's today!...we did break the record of 4 straight days above 100° as well as the single day record yesterday with 103°...man has it been HOT!!!

Joe.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:42 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Great Sunday morning Indiana

great morning Joe, Wag, and the gang

Old 07-08-2012, 08:06 AM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
I watched the race last night. It could have been better. They need to bring the tandem draft back & take the plates off ! . But, yeah it was a little hot out but still enjoyable.

Quick Reply: Indiana's July 2012 BS thread with Uncle Sam, America's Birthday, Burnt Lawns, Vacations & Major BS!