Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

July Missouri Chapter Chat, BS, and General Nonsense thread...all are welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 09:57 AM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Good morning everybody. We had a really good fourth except that I ruined the meat on the smoker. The stuff on the grill turned out great though. I started having fun in the pool and was imbibing potatious libations, I forgot about the smoker til this morning...oops.

Rich, that's great news you'll be coming hom e for a bit.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Rubenk
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mornin all

I guess no news is good news, havent heard any updates on the wildfire in Arkansas. No new news articles, and nobody talking about it on social media.

*shrug*

Old 07-05-2012, 11:27 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,286 Likes on 2,442 Posts
I will be home making up for a missing 4th of July, Penny's b-day and our anniversary all by a few days.

After I get these kidney stones takes care of......

But ol blue has some work coming it way some day soon and thanks Alan for the offer to lend a hand, I was planning on you and Unk Bob being there again anyway. lol

I think maybe the Bronco might need to go to SMORR?

Old 07-05-2012, 12:01 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
Right hand drive I hope....sounds like fun....
...right you are. Totally wicked cool.

I can see you in USPS shorts ....
Ya know, Miss Pamela was looking forward to that, too.

From her, it's sexy and flattering, from you, it's really kinda icky, you perv.

Sorry to disappoint both of you, but a rural carrier is NOT issued a USPS uniform....I'll be dressing much the same way I am when you see me at a G2G...denim shorts and a pocket tee...

Old 07-05-2012, 12:47 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
I go t the throttle linkage and pedal assembly made for the '56. It works nice, too. I converted the factory push pedal to a swing pedal, but kept the push pedal part so it still looks factory. Check it out...

Here's the stuff I made from flat sheet and bar stock.

Here it is hooked up in the truck.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:15 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 190 Likes on 174 Posts
looking good alan... rich i will be glad to see you back..maybe somehow i can stagger over your way to help with the truck.......... who ever was looking for someone living in kansas.. i think Dorthy and Toto still live there..

Old 07-05-2012, 01:37 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Looks good, Alan.

Yes, RC, Dorothy and Toto are still around here somewhere...

Old 07-05-2012, 01:57 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Nice work Alan!

Old 07-05-2012, 02:11 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,286 Likes on 2,442 Posts
Originally Posted by tcbofade
Ya know, Miss Pamela was looking forward to that, too.

From her, it's sexy and flattering, from you, it's really kinda icky, you perv.
I said "I can see you in them", not "I am looking fwd to seeing you in them". At least if you got a uniform you would not have to figure out what to wear every day.

And I would so get a kick seeing you in that safari hat.....

The R/H drive jeep sounds cool, my local mail lady ordered a RED R/H drive civi looking Cj or what ever they are these days, just for the mail delivery.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:24 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
I said "I can see you in them", not "I am looking fwd to seeing you in them". At least if you got a uniform you would not have to figure out what to wear every day.

And I would so get a kick seeing you in that safari hat.....

The R/H drive jeep sounds cool, my local mail lady ordered a RED R/H drive civi looking Cj or what ever they are these days, just for the mail delivery.
Our postal carrier drives whatever they buy right for the price and convert to RH drive. Right now it's a Celebrity wagon.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:37 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
"Jeep" is actually an outdated term...

There are two different vehicles that I have to learn to drive...most people would call both of them "mail jeeps"...one is actually a Chebby, one is actually a Ford....

Today, I spent about four hours driving around a parking lot in a modified Ford Windstar...right hand drive, much newer and nicer than the Chebby fleet.

Monday, I'll drive the Chebby, it's about two feet shorter (in length) than the Ford, and I'm told that the obstacle course is MUCH easier in the Chebby, while "real world" driving is much easier in the Ford.

Myself and two other newbies chased each other through various obstacles, forward AND REVERSE slaloms, various backing maneuvers, and several "simulated delivery" tests.

All three of us had a ball and kept asking our instructor if we were allowed to play bumper cars in them...well, they DO have rubber bumpers...

Anyhow, much fun was had, tomorrow I ride along with an experienced RCA, Saturday is an unknown for me, and Monday I return to the practice yard to play in the Chebby version...

Old 07-05-2012, 02:39 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Originally Posted by cyclopsblown34
Our postal carrier drives whatever they buy right for the price and convert to RH drive. Right now it's a Celebrity wagon.
One guy in my driver orientation class is planning to use his wife's 04 Explorer... LEFT hand drive, and just kinda "sit in the middle"...

Good luck.

If you see him coming, I'd run!

Old 07-05-2012, 02:46 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by tcbofade
One guy in my driver orientation class is planning to use his wife's 04 Explorer... LEFT hand drive, and just kinda "sit in the middle"...

Good luck.

If you see him coming, I'd run!
That's gonna be awkward to drive.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:51 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
As you can imagine, I've had LOTS of conversation regarding this over the last few weeks and months...

For those that are REALLY "rural" and will be using their own vehicles, USPS provides one of those magnet dealie bobs that you put on top of your vehicle so that everyone knows who you are driving for...

If it were me, and I were driving my own vehicle on a route that is THAT rural, I'd just drive down the wrong side of the road with my hazard lights and USPS car topper on.

What cop is gonna stop the mail guy?

Old 07-05-2012, 03:33 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Our cops would pull you over! Around here, all the mail carriers just "sit in the middle". It's not uncommon. They all seem to do just fine.

Thanks for all the compliments, guys. I took the '56 for it's first V8 powered spin. I need to find a new carburetor for it. This thing is a piece of junk.

I also took the step side for it's first spin around the back yard. It sure is nice to move stuff around under it's own power.

Quick Reply: July Missouri Chapter Chat, BS, and General Nonsense thread...all are welcome!