Sponsored by: Moser

6 inch Skyjacker Lift Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 12:56 AM
Stinky7-11
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mark a.
Are there any laws on bumper height, mud flaps & fender flares to cover the tires in flordia ? You wouldn't get away with driving that on the roads in Pa for long.
Thank You! I will consider that if i'm ever forced to leave Sunny SW Florida for Pa. and odd's are Pa won't be my next vacation destination.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:46 AM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
for some reason when I read your post late last night I thought it said you had an 8" lift. My bad.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:48 AM
mark a.
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Stinky7-11
Thank You! I will consider that if i'm ever forced to leave Sunny SW Florida for Pa. and odd's are Pa won't be my next vacation destination.
But to answer the question , what are the laws down there ? Incase I'm ever forced to leave here ! I see a lot of crazy stuff on the road down there.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:36 AM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 06-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Stinky7-11
Elder User

But to answer the question , what are the laws down there ? Incase I'm ever forced to leave here ! I see a lot of crazy stuff on the road down there.
My truck is nothing the law would even look at here but I will ask just so I can share the correct info. I saw a guy with a 60's VW Bus with no glass, he was wearing goggles! I guess there's no law's. Really, we have lot's of Hotrods, Ratrods,Customs,Big Trucks and No Smog! The air is clean and as long as nothing gets out of control all is good. So I guess driving my truck to the local burger joint every Fri. Night to gather with other's would be a problem in Pa? I'd move.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:24 PM
mark a.
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 97 Posts
My truck is nothing the law would even look at here but I will ask just so I can share the correct info. I saw a guy with a 60's VW Bus with no glass, he was wearing goggles! I guess there's no law's. Really, we have lot's of Hotrods, Ratrods,Customs,Big Trucks and No Smog! The air is clean and as long as nothing gets out of control all is good. So I guess driving my truck to the local burger joint every Fri. Night to gather with other's would be a problem in Pa? I'd move.
Yea, the local cops can be the worst too. I just did everything I had to do to mine to keep them off my back, I'd like to get 44's next but there is no way I could cover them on the front axle good enough to not have any problems. A friend of mine has 44's on his '78 and every time he goes out it seems like he ends up taking them off for the warning to go up and show them he doesn't have them on anymore, of course as soon as he gets home he puts them right back on. A 3/4 ton has to be no more than 28" in the front to the ground, rear 30". The tires can not stick out of the fender wells and you have to have full mud flaps. I got around the smog stuff, I got a Collectable plate for mine so it's smog exempt and I have a permanent registration, no more yearly plate fees.
How much does your plate cost a year down there ?

Old 06-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Stinky7-11
Elder User

Yea, the local cops can be the worst too. I just did everything I had to do to mine to keep them off my back, I'd like to get 44's next but there is no way I could cover them on the front axle good enough to not have any problems. A friend of mine has 44's on his '78 and every time he goes out it seems like he ends up taking them off for the warning to go up and show them he doesn't have them on anymore, of course as soon as he gets home he puts them right back on. A 3/4 ton has to be no more than 28" in the front to the ground, rear 30". The tires can not stick out of the fender wells and you have to have full mud flaps. I got around the smog stuff, I got a Collectable plate for mine so it's smog exempt and I have a permanent registration, no more yearly plate fees.
How much does your plate cost a year down there ?

Never checked, no smog here but may help insurance.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:48 PM
55 M-100
Freshman User
Skyjacker 6" all four leaf springs, Skyjacker kit that replaces all springs still retains factory rear blocks. Skyjacker gas shocks a bit stiff. Braided S/S brake lines 8" over stock custom made local. Front driveshaft lengthened 2 &1/2" new spline end, cardin rebuilt. Rear DS stock. Steering, 4" drop pitman, Skyjacker drag link, steering arm block, Skyjacker dual steering stabilizer, HP D44 rebuilt, ball joints, wheel bearings, spindle bearings, Chrome Molly stub axles, Warn preimum locking hubs seals, etc. Super Swamper IROK Radials 39.5 x 13.5 x LT16 on M/T Classic II's I drive this truck every day with an Endless Smile. hp d60 kingpin front axle ready soon for install. The end result is a truck that runs smooth 0-80+
Your truck looks great. Mine on the other hand not so much. I guess spending all of your life being a farm truck and pulling a cattle trailer takes it's toll. I wanted to make the truck safe and a good driver so I bought the Skyjacker dual steering stabilizer and steel braided brake lines. Ball joints, tie rods, and wheels bearings are all tight. It needs some front axle seals though. I'm gonna be running 35 inch boggers for now and keep a look out for a decent set of 38.5. I'll post a couple pictures of the truck in it's current state if anybody is interested.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Stinky7-11
Elder User

Originally Posted by 55 M-100
Your truck looks great. Mine on the other hand not so much. I guess spending all of your life being a farm truck and pulling a cattle trailer takes it's toll. I wanted to make the truck safe and a good driver so I bought the Skyjacker dual steering stabilizer and steel braided brake lines. Ball joints, tie rods, and wheels bearings are all tight. It needs some front axle seals though. I'm gonna be running 35 inch boggers for now and keep a look out for a decent set of 38.5. I'll post a couple pictures of the truck in it's current state if anybody is interested.
Thanks, sounds like your off to a great start and as you can tell we're all here when you need help. Don't forget to take alot of photos, you'll be glad you did so you can look back and we all want to see your progress!

Old 06-17-2012, 07:11 PM
rsfabrication
Senior User
Skyjacker 6" all four leaf springs, Skyjacker kit that replaces all springs still retains factory rear blocks. Skyjacker gas shocks a bit stiff. Braided S/S brake lines 8" over stock custom made local. Front driveshaft lengthened 2 &1/2" new spline end, cardin rebuilt. Rear DS stock. Steering, 4" drop pitman, Skyjacker drag link, steering arm block, Skyjacker dual steering stabilizer, HP D44 rebuilt, ball joints, wheel bearings, spindle bearings, Chrome Molly stub axles, Warn preimum locking hubs seals, etc. Super Swamper IROK Radials 39.5 x 13.5 x LT16 on M/T Classic II's I drive this truck every day with an Endless Smile. hp d60 kingpin front axle ready soon for install. The end result is a truck that runs smooth 0-80+
Great informative post! I still need to call you just to chat, you sent me your # via PM over another subject.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:25 PM
montana_highboy
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Stinky, i thought you had put the D60 up front already, or are you waiting until you re-gear?

Old 06-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Stinky7-11
Elder User

Originally Posted by rsfabrication
Great informative post! I still need to call you just to chat, you sent me your # via PM over another subject.
I'm always here, call anytime I'd be happy to talk!

Old 06-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Stinky7-11
Elder User

Originally Posted by montana_highboy
Stinky, i thought you had put the D60 up front already, or are you waiting until you re-gear?
Yea i'm going to do the regear myself so i'm rounding up parts and a spare rear housing so I don't have to tear mine down plus I want to do rear disc brakes at the same time.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:23 PM
montana_highboy
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yea i'm going to do the regear myself.
Did you decide on the 5.13's over the 4.88's or still debating it?

Old 06-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Stinky7-11
Elder User

Originally Posted by montana_highboy
Did you decide on the 5.13's over the 4.88's or still debating it?
Well I moved away from the 5's and started to juggle 4.56/4.88 and I think the 4.88's (your advice correct) stayed on top. I think with the C6 and the 203/205 doubler you might have to beat the smile off my face with a mud flap, one of those "Big Sky Country" mud flaps ---><---

Quick Reply: 6 inch Skyjacker Lift Questions