1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Diamond Eye 4" Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 08:05 PM
TyBragg
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diamond Eye 4" Exhaust

Well, I sold the E4OD that me and Rebilld swapped out of my truck for the ZF5. Took that money and ordered the Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust (offroad) from Riffraff Diesel

Riffraff Diesel: Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust (offroad)

I can't wait to get it on my truck! What made it better is that I ordered it Monday afternoon, and it was sitting in my driveway when I got home from work this evening! That's like...48 hours, and it was even FREE shipping. And a great price, so Kudos to Riffraff That's one heavy box too...holy cow.

Rebilld...you gonna have room in your shop anytime soon?

I'll let you guys know how it goes on, in case anyone's interested.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:19 PM
pjwoolw
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They aren't too terribly hard to install. Since yours is 5 speed it may be a little more challenging. Took me forever to install mine. Tough to get stuff lined up by yourself. Another set of hands and eyes would have made it much quicker.

Good luck!

Old 06-13-2012, 08:20 PM
pjwoolw
Postmaster

Double post!

Old 06-13-2012, 08:32 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is room in the shop now! Let's git er done!!!

Old 06-13-2012, 08:39 PM
magicsac1366
Senior User
i just installed mine on my 01 a week or so ago, i got the 5" aluminumized and painted it. i'd recommend getting a set of band clamps from summit or somthing for the down pipe to flow tube, and for further back, say behind where the muffler would be. then weld up the rest of the joints. those u bolt clamps leaked bad on mine and then i couldnt seperate any of the sections after they were tightened.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:40 PM
TyBragg
Elder User
Originally Posted by pjwoolw
They aren't too terribly hard to install. Since yours is 5 speed it may be a little more challenging. Took me forever to install mine. Tough to get stuff lined up by yourself. Another set of hands and eyes would have made it much quicker.

Good luck!
Rebilld (my father in law) will be my extra set of hands, so that makes it WAY easier. (Or maybe I'm his extra set of hands...I think we trade off duties as the extra hands, but he's way older...I mean...more experienced than me, so I'm usually the one learning) Anyway, we'll be pulling the tranny while we're at it, so we're going to do the firewall "massaging" and put the downpipe in while that is out. Should make it way easier.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:42 PM
TyBragg
Elder User
Originally Posted by ReBilld
There is room in the shop now! Let's git er done!!!

Gotta find some time, then we'll hop on 'er! I'm pretty stoked!

Old 06-13-2012, 08:43 PM
magicsac1366
Senior User
i just installed the kit from diamond eye like 2 weeks ago, it's nice but i hate the u bolt clamps it came with, they all leaked, so i welded all but 2 joints and got 2 band clamps. now if i need to, i can take it apart without the tubes being crushed together for ever. the nice stainless band clamps were like 8$ each from summit too, so its a cheap piece of mind.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:44 PM
TyBragg
Elder User
Originally Posted by magicsac1366
i just installed mine on my 01 a week or so ago, i got the 5" aluminumized and painted it. i'd recommend getting a set of band clamps from summit or somthing for the down pipe to flow tube, and for further back, say behind where the muffler would be. then weld up the rest of the joints. those u bolt clamps leaked bad on mine and then i couldnt seperate any of the sections after they were tightened.
Good to know. Anybody else had this problem? I would think the clamps should be enough to keep it from leaking though. We may do some extra welding just to be sure. We'll have to see what it feels like when we get it on there. Thanks for the info.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:46 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TyBragg
but he's way older...

Old 06-13-2012, 09:02 PM
pjwoolw
Postmaster

I used the Walker band clamps on mine. Time will tell on how that works out. I wanted to be able to make adjustments easily. There is no way you'll be able to do anything other than use some sort of clamp for the two piece down pipe.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Ken_C
Elder User
I ordered the mbrp stainless off road exhaust from riff raff. it arrived in 2 days. installed it in a couple hours using a sawzall and an impact wrench laying on the floor of my garage. no help needed. I havent clocked the actual MPGs gained but I know i picked up a couple miles per gallon. since i installed it Ive been heavy footing it too. before if I got into too much i could watche gas gauge falling. totally satisfied all around with it.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:37 PM
thebig350
Senior User
I did the 5" system a while back, the only thing that was difficult about it was getting the whole thing lined up right. In all it only took about 3 hours from tear down to test drive, by myself. I haven't had any problem with leaks (so far) and I used the u-bolt clamps that came with the kit.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:39 PM
pjwoolw
Postmaster

A buddy of mine has that same MBRP kit on his OBS with an automatic. It looked to me like it would have been much easier to install.

Anyway any comparison to the time it took me to install the exhaust shouldn't be compared to anything anyone else could do. I wasn't in any hurry and pretty much had to do everything two or three times. LOL I'm incredibly slow!

Old 06-14-2012, 02:23 AM
tiopet
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I would love to have a sound link for the 4" diamond eye and the 5" to.
Here in Norway my local dealer only has diamond eye exhausts on the menu.

My E-350 has the 3" downpipe and 3" straightpipe with sports muffler in the middle.
I don't have that lovely turbo whistle at standstill and slow driving, only when I floor it.

Quick Reply: Diamond Eye 4" Exhaust