Sponsored by: Moser

TruXedo Lo Pro vs Lorado Access...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 09:16 PM
mvedepo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TruXedo Lo Pro vs Lorado Access...

So I thought I was sold on the Lo Pro. Seems that most people on here have it an love it. Though the Access guys seem to love theirs as well.

Anyway, talked to a couple dealers on the phone and they keep steering me towards the Lorado. They say "it's a better cover." I am having a hard time determining why.

Also I know the Lorado has 2 cross bars on a 5 1/2 bed. Is the Lo Pro the same? I have concerns about snow build up in the winter.

Any one with any experience with the Extang Revolution? Looks really nice but I am not sure about the velcroless seams.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:19 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Check this one out: Peragon Retractable Aluminum Truck Bed Cover - Premium Design. Affordable Price.

I have one and it's great!

Attached Images    
Old 06-10-2012, 07:20 AM
drh1175
Senior User
I have the truxedo on mine and couldnt be happier. I looked at them both as well. I like the fact that the truxedo's velcro moves for expansion. In the end Truxedo is what my dealer sold. Honestly you can't go wrong with either.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:40 AM
j.grif
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I had a couple of truxedo's on my pickup trucks and was happy with both, but this time I went with an extang encore folding hard cover and am happy with this as well, customer service stepped in when I had trouble and I couldnt be happier!

Old 06-11-2012, 03:06 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Ok I watched the Peragon Retractable cover video...I do have to say it looks very nice and well made. Here is where I have the issue...will it keep someone from breaking into it?? The reason I say this is the video I am going to link here. It is for the Roll-N-Lock E series bed cover. If you watch this video it sure looks like one of the bed covers they break into is in fact the Peragon. (I could be wrong) I also saw the Truxedo and a soft cover can be cut in seconds and your stuff is GONE.

To me not only does it have to work and cover my stuff, look good, and keep the water out as much as possible, it has to be tough enough to keep someone from using a pry bar to break into it.

Watch this video on the Roll-N-Lock and you will see what I mean. I am all for working good and looking good...but security it a big thing!!

Vinnie & Rocco - YouTube

Although they changed their video a bit with these two guys in it adding a little comedy, the older video showed some guy repeatedly trying to pry the bed cover off...leaning on the pry bar with all his weight and the cover did not break. You decide which one will do a better job.

BTW...I like the sliding cargo bar and the remotes!! I think when I look into getting one for my truck I will start with this one.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:27 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
The cover on the Ford wasn't the Peragon cover as it's doesn't fold upwards like they did in the video.

The Peragon cover has one lock point near the cab that slides a bolt to each side of the cover. The cover rides in an extruded aluminum track. The cover is made form aircraft aluminum. I'm sure that with enough prying and bending, the cover can be derailed and opened but it will make one hell of a racket in the process.

Thieves break into bank vaults, nothing is impenetrable.

The issue with a canister or roll up cover is that the canister my collect moisture and freeze and bind up the cover operation.

The Peragon rides on ball bearing wheels and the track is self cleaning from ice and debris. The Peragon is manufactured in Northern Minn.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:53 PM
flixden
Posting Guru
I have the Lo Pro, here is my thread after I installed it:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...lo-pro-qt.html

I could not be happier with it, it works great. I had to make the same decision and was wondering about the Truxedo vs. the Lorado. I think both are great covers, and in my case they were the same price (well, $10 difference). I finally went with the Truxedo because the whole thing once rolled up can be removed in seconds.
Just this weekend we went on a camping trip, a 3 hour drive in the pouring rain. We also stopped for lunch while it was pouring down like from buckets. It was nasty. When we arrived at the campground, I was actually surprised to find everything dry inside the bed. What a great cover!

Old 06-11-2012, 09:10 PM
BigDfromTN
Tuned

Originally Posted by tseekins
The cover on the Ford wasn't the Peragon cover as it's doesn't fold upwards like they did in the video.

That one looks like a "Bak Flip" of some sort. Same one Ford sells.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:14 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by BigDfromTN
That one looks like a "Bak Flip" of some sort. Same one Ford sells.
I wasn't aware that Ford sells a cover but none the less, it's likely twice the cost of a retail unit.
This is why I say it's very unlikely to be the Peragon.

Attached Images    
Old 06-12-2012, 11:24 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
They are both good covers, but I would have to lean towards the Access.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:11 PM
glass_joe099
Junior User
I put the Truxedo Rage on my 2011 F-150. I'm very happy with it. The bed stays bone dry during the hardest of rains. To test it I hosed it down real good the first time I washed the truck after installing it, not a drop inside the bed. It rolls up easy enough and for the price it seems to be a good buy.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:07 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
Originally Posted by glass_joe099
I put the Truxedo Rage on my 2011 F-150. I'm very happy with it. The bed stays bone dry during the hardest of rains. To test it I hosed it down real good the first time I washed the truck after installing it, not a drop inside the bed. It rolls up easy enough and for the price it seems to be a good buy.
Truxedo does not have a cover called "Rage".

Old 07-16-2012, 09:15 AM
mvedepo
Senior User
FYI I went with the Lo Pro and love it. Love the look. And I like the automatic tensioner.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:54 PM
cen_tex
Freshman User
I had a hard time picking out covers as well. Took a chance on the LoPro. Love it. Looks good and no leaking. It can come off in a matter of seconds if needed.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:22 PM
glass_joe099
Junior User
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy
Truxedo does not have a cover called "Rage".
HA My bad, I was double posting my thoughts from a bowhunting website. Loves me those Rage expandable broadheads. I have the Truxedo EDGE on my Eff One-Fitty. Regardless of the name I love my Truxedo.

Edge by TruXedo ? New Cutting Edge Design

Quick Reply: TruXedo Lo Pro vs Lorado Access...