1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crew Cab Interior Rejuvination Project

Old 06-24-2012, 06:09 PM
dilan73
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
these give you an idea of what it will look like but still not done

Attached Images        
Old 07-04-2012, 10:15 AM
V10ZILLA
Senior User
I know its the 4th and people are busy, I was just checking to see how the process was going.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts
Wow, you sure are a a picky guy....... I LOVE IT!!!! It looks great.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:22 PM
mikeismadness
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Great job! It looks better than my lariat interior! Lol keep up the good work an the pics flowin!

Old 07-04-2012, 02:13 PM
litig8r187
New User
WOW! .... Just WOW! .......... This is amazing. I am looking to change the color of my interior too but what you have done is amazing! Fortunately, I've owned my 2000 since 2001 when I bought it gently used. Other than torn leather, that really ugly "denim blue" interior and rubber/foam seals that or worn out, it's pretty clean. I'm fixing to replace the blue leather, carpet and headliner with black and I'm trying to decide if I should try and repaint all the blue trim and dash. I am also gonna dynamat the interior while I have it stripped out. You have both inspired and intimidated me! Subscribed!

Old 07-04-2012, 06:07 PM
ydoc23
Freshman User
wow glad to see im not the only one. i recently turned my XL f250 into an XLT an then some. yours looks great!!! keep the pictures coming. check out my page i have some pics of the truck. basically did a frame off restoration on it.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:44 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Wow This just got added to my list of things to do great job! reps heading your way.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:58 AM
dilan73
Senior User
hey everyone
hope every one had a nice 4th
i haven't posted since i haven't had anything to post. I switched my attention on the truck towards some mechanical stuff on it. i wanted to get it rolling again since it had been parked for 4 moths since i bought it. I worked on the rear differential cover and lube change. since it was really rusted and leaking. I've been shopping around and reading on here to see whats best in terms of fluids, and parts,, (I have a 99 F250 super duty 5.4 v8) so I haven't worked on the inside much.
BUT today I'm working on some things that I'll be posting later.
I'm wanting to do ambient lighting in it and also change the instrument cluster color change so if anyone has info on that let me know.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:20 PM
dilan73
Senior User
Today's mod is bought to you by,,,,,, a leaking ford crew cab.
well, I should have been done by now with the interior but nothing ever really goes as planned. the Mod for the air filter is were i left off. and i did finish a filter and have been testing it in the truck but am waiting to build the final one before posting about it, that way i just post what worked best so stay tuned for that.

but for now, i want to post a quick fix /mod for the 3rd break light leak issues. During this project I've had to do some side projects just to make sure the work on the inside stays nice after its done. the air filter to keep it clean inside and these leaks fixes to keep it dry.
if you want a beefier seal than the stock gasket that comes with it, Make one! i found some really dense rubber foam garage door seal strip that was the perfect size for this project at home depot and traced the wholes from the old gasket then used a new sharp razor to cut them out. then placed on the light housing and rounded the end with scissors, I left it sticking out some but you can probably tuck it in some or trim it tighter to the housing. poked the screws through and mounted. tighten down test for leaks and you should be good to go and with almost the whole role left you should really be good to go for quite some time or you can just go install it on your garage door.

Attached Images        
Old 07-07-2012, 07:22 PM
dilan73
Senior User
continued from above

Attached Images       
Old 07-07-2012, 07:33 PM
dilan73
Senior User
i also wanted to say thanks for the reps and the kind words

Old 07-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Ridenred333
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is a great job. Glad to see that you are taking such pride in your truck and also sharing this project with us. Also providing the pic and write up, keeps me motivated in taking pride in my own truck. Thanks

Old 07-08-2012, 02:55 PM
dilan73
Senior User
thanks Riden

while I was testing the ac and filter I noticed I forgot to replace the insulating foam around the vent doors that go inside the vent and stop air flow for the vent. when I would shut the vent I would get a whistle coming out. So I pulled one and used the same rubber material as in the 3rd brake light project, to make a gasket for it.
you can pop out the vent s without removing any dash parts.
the Doors have a cavity around them so all i did was place the door on a piece of material and mark more or less so that the opening you cut out is smaller than the door itself, you can just look at the the groove in the door and make your marks. Since it will be going in the groove it will be good and snug. then little by little start inserting the gasket and tucking it in, you want to make sure it sits in there as deep as possible like the original would have. you may have to do some pulling, tugging and tucking. then when its all nice and set in there trim little by little with some good sharp scissors and test for snug operation making sure the wheel can rest securely on its settings and yet seal completely.

Attached Images       
Old 07-08-2012, 03:59 PM
dilan73
Senior User
here you can see the seal it makes and how much i cut it back just do it little be little

Attached Images   
Old 07-21-2012, 03:41 PM
dilan73
Senior User
So its been a while, I've been working on the engine bay and its under carriage while I build up the cash and source some seats in my area, I'd like to get some buckets up front. My benches that I cleaned came out nice but after all this work id like too have the seats look as nice and the ones I have are all torn up.
working on the engine bay is free for the most part just detailing and sanding and prepping for chassis saver and over overcoat.
I also finalized the air filter, my prototype was made with construction grade hot glue and worked good so i started to make the final one with a construction grade polyurethane glue from Lowes, it comes out thick and very tacky so it grabs right away and by the next day its dried and hard and wont come off. when i think about it there are several ways i could have made the filter and ill keep tinkering with it for fun but this is what i settled on for now.

Attached Images        

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Crew Cab Interior Rejuvination Project