Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Wow,drove my brothers 6.7 today

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 10:03 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

They use to depreciate that much but no more.

Theres 2011 out there with 38k some with almost 90k

The 90K are going for about 1K permonth of age less then the 2012's

The 30 to 40ks are going for about 5k less than the 2012s TTL and all is still about the same. Most of those have no Man Warranty anymore. Not sure why, but a lot dont. Maybe they weere modded of they did not meet precertified conditions set by Ford. Honestly I dunno.

Some hunt with the dogs they are comfortable with and some get new dogs.

But comparing the two, does not work. I could have done the same thing for several years on end; that is compare the total ownership of my older truck to people that were buyinh newer trucks. Theres really no pointin that, since everyone has there own reason for doign what they do.

If your happy with what your driving and its serving your purpose then good for you. If you not, finding something that fits your life style is your perogative and not mine to judge you for either doing or not doing it. Only you know whats right for you.

So Not really pointing this post/comment to anyone in particular.
But it really depends on the person and what they are comfortable with.

Personally I am not real comfortable with letting that kind of cash flow out for a new Truck. really heck Ihave not had a car note in years.

However I gauged it and I decided I dont want to be stuck on a turn pike with 20K in tow and a rear sleeve worn out leaking differential or some other problem. Been there and did not like it. I do think I would not mind it near as much if I get a free loaner out of there and free tows and the manufacture is repairing it for me. Yep that sounds much better to me now than it did 6 or so yrs ago.

When I was younger I threw the chips in and if it happened I dealt with it. But now I dont want to deal with it.

Age does tha to you. lol

Anyways I respect anyones choice to do whats right to fit them and their needs. I actually have gotten tired of oh theres an new problem and here I am needing a 500 dollar tow for the trailer, a two hundered dollar tow for the truck. Then dang it, I am way away from home and need to get it; either in a stealership of get soemone to help me get it all home. Not to mention the flustration of it all and screwing up your plans.

So thats the reason I decide to put the other old gal to home runs and put another stallon in the garage.

So to each his own. Actually Everyone is right here ---really everyone has thier own reason to do or not to do - I respect any choice but wha tI wont do is disrespect a choice.

Thanks for listening.

I think everyone means well.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:53 AM
DemonRace6
Hi!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DRRXR
So to each his own. Actually Everyone is right here ---really everyone has thier own reason to do or not to do - I respect any choice but wha tI wont do is disrespect a choice.
Rock, great speech!

Old 06-08-2012, 08:58 AM
rtazz17
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
picked her up last night.Hopefully this link works..I love it....going on a camping trip today towing our 9500-10000 camper..Cant wait...http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...7/4c2f4dbe.jpg

Old 06-08-2012, 08:59 AM
rtazz17
Fleet Mechanic

They use to depreciate that much but no more.

Theres 2011 out there with 38k some with almost 90k

The 90K are going for about 1K permonth of age less then the 2012's

The 30 to 40ks are going for about 5k less than the 2012s TTL and all is still about the same. Most of those have no Man Warranty anymore. Not sure why, but a lot dont. Maybe they weere modded of they did not meet precertified conditions set by Ford. Honestly I dunno.

Some hunt with the dogs they are comfortable with and some get new dogs.

But comparing the two, does not work. I could have done the same thing for several years on end; that is compare the total ownership of my older truck to people that were buyinh newer trucks. Theres really no pointin that, since everyone has there own reason for doign what they do.

If your happy with what your driving and its serving your purpose then good for you. If you not, finding something that fits your life style is your perogative and not mine to judge you for either doing or not doing it. Only you know whats right for you.

So Not really pointing this post/comment to anyone in particular.
But it really depends on the person and what they are comfortable with.

Personally I am not real comfortable with letting that kind of cash flow out for a new Truck. really heck Ihave not had a car note in years.

However I gauged it and I decided I dont want to be stuck on a turn pike with 20K in tow and a rear sleeve worn out leaking differential or some other problem. Been there and did not like it. I do think I would not mind it near as much if I get a free loaner out of there and free tows and the manufacture is repairing it for me. Yep that sounds much better to me now than it did 6 or so yrs ago.

When I was younger I threw the chips in and if it happened I dealt with it. But now I dont want to deal with it.

Age does tha to you. lol

Anyways I respect anyones choice to do whats right to fit them and their needs. I actually have gotten tired of oh theres an new problem and here I am needing a 500 dollar tow for the trailer, a two hundered dollar tow for the truck. Then dang it, I am way away from home and need to get it; either in a stealership of get soemone to help me get it all home. Not to mention the flustration of it all and screwing up your plans.

So thats the reason I decide to put the other old gal to home runs and put another stallon in the garage.

Thanks for listening.

I think everyone means well.
Agreed........

Old 06-08-2012, 09:52 AM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Age does tha to you. lol

For sure! That is why the wife and kids are always in a new one. Swore to never get into a lease, but it ended up being the perfect solution for the family wagon. Age and family does that.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:31 AM
DemonRace6
Hi!
Originally Posted by rtazz17
picked her up last night.Hopefully this link works..I love it....going on a camping trip today towing our 9500-10000 camper..Cant wait...http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...7/4c2f4dbe.jpg
AWESOME!!! Congratulations!! I am stoked for you! That is a great color and I like those wheels a lot!

You were really convinced after driving your brothers truck, that was fast! Welcome to the 6.7L club! (Can I welcome people after only being here for 7 days???)

Let us know how you like it pulling your camper compared to your 7.3. Have fun!!

Old 06-08-2012, 01:29 PM
ScaldedDog
Fleet Mechanic

Received 106 Likes on 66 Posts
That is a beautiful truck. Enjoy!

Mark

Old 06-08-2012, 07:11 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Wink

Originally Posted by DemonRace6
AWESOME!!! Congratulations!! I am stoked for you! That is a great color and I like those wheels a lot!

You were really convinced after driving your brothers truck, that was fast! Welcome to the 6.7L club! (Can I welcome people after only being here for 7 days???)

Let us know how you like it pulling your camper compared to your 7.3. Have fun!!
Originally Posted by ScaldedDog
That is a beautiful truck. Enjoy!

Mark
Yeah thats a real nice looking truck he has there. I go for the test drives tomorrow and to see if I can push em futher below invoice.

See you all a later....

Old 06-08-2012, 07:15 PM
351Cleveland C4
Lead Driver
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts
why dont you take all that money that you would spend on a new truck and sink it into yours instead? you could have a REALLY nice truck that pulled REALLY hard, and to top it all off, goes REALLY fast!

Old 06-08-2012, 07:17 PM
351Cleveland C4
Lead Driver
oops, guess im too late.
what color is the truck? looks like the old "Dark Shadow Grey".. my favorite color on these trucks.......

Old 06-08-2012, 07:23 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Smile

Originally Posted by 351Cleveland C4
why dont you take all that money that you would spend on a new truck and sink it into yours instead? you could have a REALLY nice truck that pulled REALLY hard, and to top it all off, goes REALLY fast!

Thanks thats a great idea. Really

I think I will do both--- Actually the plan was to performance hit the old dawg a little more and reg run the new.

It goes really fast already. Not much more to do besides antisways and stack the hood and put a 5spd in there. I also think I will let it tell me when it needs work verses hitting it with cash and when it breaks I will pull it home with what towed it there.

Thanks

Old 06-09-2012, 12:01 AM
INFRNL
Laughing Gas
Received 130 Likes on 109 Posts
Congrats on the new trucks! I personally do not like the interiors of the newer trucks. If I were to buy a new truck today; I personally would jump ships and buy the new Dodge. This is coming from a guy that has only owned Ford trucks (23 yrs).
I am not real familiar with the 2012 trucks, but our 2011 f450 we have at work sucks. Yes it can pull heavy loads easy and has plenty of power/speed around town. Take it to higher elevations or in the mountains and it's a dog. I live around 6500 ft. One of the guys mentioned getting passed by a new truck pulling a similar camper on an uphill slope to Nashville; that's not even a hill compared to what we have in the rockies. One trip in our work truck (2011 f450) I was pulling a 14k tilt trailer with only a few thousand lb load if that and the truck going through the mountains would do 50ish. The truck felt like it had plenty of power, just would not go any faster no matter what. I was getting passed by loaded semis, other trucks towing etc. that's sad, the truck only had approx 5k miles on it if that. Other than that, it runs great, smooth, great turning, crappy mileage, and seats on reg cab are uncomfortable. Not to mention the engine compartment, good luck doing anything in there, lol. There are some good features with the newer trucks though.

My 03 is paid off and I am doing upgrades rather than buy new. Love my truck and plan to keep it for a long time.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:47 PM
bama29fan
Posting Guru
Granted this is not in the mountains out at high elevation but....

I towed my camper for the first time today with the new truck. It weighs 10k. I was on hwy431 in Alabama that had truck passing lanes every so often. There was one stretch where I was following traffic at about 50 mph and as the truck passing lane opened up I accelerated (not hard in the throttle...it dropped from 6th to 5th) and passed all the traffic and topped the hill at about 70mph. The hill was about 6 percent grade for maybe a half mile.

I don't think I could ask for anything more

Old 06-09-2012, 07:23 PM
rtazz17
Fleet Mechanic

Im at the campground and after pulling my 9700 lb jayco I can say no comparison in pulling to 7.3.. My 7.3 had plenty of ***** to tow it but I swear to god I didnt even know the camper was there unless I looked in the mirrors.Very satisfied.Absolutely love it. Couldnt be happier.Made the right decision.Went up plenty of hills the entire way.. 12.8 mpg on way here.Im happy with that considering it was all hills and no highway at all.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:26 PM
351Cleveland C4
Lead Driver
ford says that this engine is "'da sh**" and it looks like it is. 7.3 and 6.7 are the best.

Quick Reply: Wow,drove my brothers 6.7 today