Sponsored by: DP Tuner

OT..ScanGauge II

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 09:37 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
OT..ScanGauge II

Is there a different scangauge out there, and from a different company. I was at Autozone yesterday, and couldn't believe they had this item on the shelf for $159.00. Is that the going price for this unit? I figured, what it does it would be alot more than that...

Old 06-01-2012, 09:42 AM
dsquared
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tim: The other one is the AeroForce ScanGuage. It fits in a pod like a regular gauge (2-1/8" or whatever...) and it will do a buzz test, and a few other things.... I think they are about $250....I have the Linear Logic ScanGauge II; LOVE it!!!

Old 06-01-2012, 09:48 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
I remember someone here mentioning it, for, installing it over regular gauges. Instruments' packed with info. I'm cruising there in a bit, will re-check ur out, and see whose it is, but from the package, sure looks like whats "ticking" on the front page of this forum??

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=914192_0_0_

This the same^^^^

Old 06-01-2012, 10:03 AM
dsquared
Elder User
That's the one! You can monitor & Display 4 functions at once..... I have mine set for EOT; ECT; IPR; & ICP....I've tried the MPG function, and it seemed pretty accurate....I just have a hard time pushing all the buttons to enter the data when I fill up...

Old 06-01-2012, 10:09 AM
SARDiverDan
Cargo Master
Received 415 Likes on 237 Posts
I purchased the ScanGauge II because I already have an AE and just wanted some extra info on what is going on. I have mine set to read coolant temp, oil temp, transmission temp, and volts. There are many other readings you can tap into but these are the main ones I use. The unit has been in for about six months and I have not had an issue. The only glitch in the system is reading coolant temp. The temp is only accurate after the coolant reaches 127 degrees so when you first start the truck, the temp will climb rapidly in a few minutes until it reads 254 on the gauge then it resets itself to the proper temp. Not a big issue but it does take a minute or two to get it reading accurately. I mounted the unit at the space between the headlight switch and the vent. The downside is that at night, the reflection from the gauge is right in the middle of the driver’s side rear view mirror so it can be distracting. I might be looking for a better location.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Shake-N-Bake
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by SARDiverDan
I purchased the ScanGauge II because I already have an AE and just wanted some extra info on what is going on. I have mine set to read coolant temp, oil temp, transmission temp, and volts. There are many other readings you can tap into but these are the main ones I use. The unit has been in for about six months and I have not had an issue. The only glitch in the system is reading coolant temp. The temp is only accurate after the coolant reaches 127 degrees so when you first start the truck, the temp will climb rapidly in a few minutes until it reads 254 on the gauge then it resets itself to the proper temp. Not a big issue but it does take a minute or two to get it reading accurately. I mounted the unit at the space between the headlight switch and the vent. The downside is that at night, the reflection from the gauge is right in the middle of the driver’s side rear view mirror so it can be distracting. I might be looking for a better location.
Interesting...
Does engine coolant temp work on your AE? It doesn't work on my '99-'01 vehicles because sensor wire doesn't run to the PCM. The '02 and '03 trucks are wired a little different though....coolant temp might work on those vehicles.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:24 AM
joeyd61
Posting Guru
I have had mine over a year and also love it....I watch volt.digital tach,ICP.IPR mostly with mine

Old 06-01-2012, 11:51 AM
SARDiverDan
Cargo Master
I have not tried to look at ECT with my AE. The next time I have it out I will give it a try

Old 06-01-2012, 12:18 PM
tpull3
Junior User
Tim, I bought one last winter through Amazon for $129. I don't remember if that was a special sale price or not. Its worth checking out. I like having the additional gauge readings without having to install all the individual gauges

Tom
2003 F350 4x4 Lariat CCSB SRW, Autometer Z Series Gauges, 4"Diamond EyeTB, JWVB, 6.0Trans cooler, 6637, F5 DP Tuner, HPX, IH Bellowed Up-Pipes, Foil Delete, WW, Airlift Rear Bags, Zoodad, Recon LED Cab Lights, GPR-LED, 05 Mirrors, Upper Rad Hose

Old 06-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
There's alot of guys with 6.0L running that same guage. Its cheap and works. I believe it dose do coolant temp on there trucks also.

Chet

Old 06-02-2012, 02:49 AM
primetime1267
New User
I bought mine as soon as I bought my diesel, I do like it. I watch eot, ect, volts, trans. It does read codes on all of my cars which is a plus and can clear them. On the powerstroke, it doesnt really see the codes. I knew I had a code last week, and went to my buddies shop and used his snap-on, I had 5 codes sitting there.. For everyday purposes, you cant beat 160, imo...

Old 06-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Shake-N-Bake
Interesting...
Does engine coolant temp work on your AE? It doesn't work on my '99-'01 vehicles because sensor wire doesn't run to the PCM. The '02 and '03 trucks are wired a little different though....coolant temp might work on those vehicles.
My AE works with coolant temp on my 2000. It's like SARDiverDan said, the temp reads goofy until it starts to get warm, then it's accurate.

I don't like that Linear-Logic/ScanGaugeII , it's a little wierd to install. I like what dsquared suggests and what woodnthings did - AeroForce ScanGuage [LINK] with a pod mount [LINK]. I also like the fact that it has two inputs available for something the user can add - like LPO or fuel pressure. I can like all I want... but Timmyboy76 is the one with the budget.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:07 AM
novice psd
Senior User
I have a 2001 and the coolant works perfect on my scangauge II. Mine may be a later version, only had it about 2 months.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:18 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Never seen the A/F gauge before. Thats a sweet piece there. Unfortunetly, i'm not seeing ICP/IPR readings from that one though, as S/C does, unless there labeled different.

I've been saving a spot for the HPOP gauge, but that A/F just might've found a home. If anyone can confirm IPR / ICP through the A/F gauge, then i think i'm going that route. Aslo, does the S/C do buzz test, thats another reason i brought this thread about..

Old 06-02-2012, 09:51 AM
SARDiverDan
Cargo Master
The Aero Force SG will perform a buzz test while the Linear-Logic SG will not. I am not sure if the AFSG will read ICP/IPR as I do not own one. I look at it this way, if you have an AE and you want some additional info go with the LLSG but if you want the availability of doing some diagnostic stuff because you don’t have an AE, go with the AFSG

Quick Reply: OT..ScanGauge II