Complain against Ford Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:54 PM
SWAT KHAN
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Complain against Ford Dealership

hi everybody
where can i file a complain against the dealership, i like ford trucks, my first car was ford and hope this is not my last ford truck because i love ford trucks, i went to this Ford dealership in alaska and chose the truck i wanted to buy, here is the thing, the sales person said ok we will pay off ur truck and u have to pay this much for this truck, i said ok, we shook hands and he said go bring your truck, i went brought my truck to them, guess what the sales person says, ( SORRY TO SAY I SOLD THE TRUCK ) what kinda joke is that? can they just sell it while me and the sales person are working on it to close the deal? where can i file against them i am really sorry but i am alittle pissed, thank you all for your advices in advance.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:18 PM
SWAT KHAN
Senior User
plz everybody, i need help, i wana know where i can file against them, he just wasted my half day and hurt my feelings ( not being whiney ) because i already started think about it what i am gonna do to it and what not, and when u go to get it they sold it to someone else, hope i finish my beer r pass out before i get more upset. Wont you be upset if it happens to you???

Old 03-28-2013, 11:51 PM
SWAT KHAN
Senior User
wont you be upset if it happened to you?

Old 03-28-2013, 11:53 PM
Club Wagon
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
One thing you need to know about the typical car "sales person" is that they're eager to say ok & shake hands.

Originally Posted by SWAT KHAN
the sales person said ok we will pay off ur truck and u have to pay this much for this truck, i said ok, we shook hands and he said go bring your truck, i went brought my truck to them, guess what the sales person says, ( SORRY TO SAY I SOLD THE TRUCK ) what kinda joke is that? can they just sell it while me and the sales person are working on it to close the deal?
Another thing you need to know about a car dealership is, you'll know when you are getting near to closing "the deal" when you are handing them money & signing their contract. Until you make a Down Payment & have a signed Contract in hand, you must assume a vehicle is still For Sale. It's what used to be called Earnest Money - a promise to buy & sell, but also to hold vehicle temporarily, until details are ironed out. Talk Is Cheap & Money Talks. If you find a vehicle you really want ask seller; How much to hold it until All The Ducks Are In A Row?

Car dealers deal w/shoppers who say they want to buy, but don't buy, every day, all day & always have the 'Honest Car's Used Johns' reputation. Strikes me as futile to "Complain against Ford Dealership" & possibly counter productive for someone who claims to "love ford trucks".

Might try being diplomatic, meet w/the "sales person" & try to wangle a benefit out of your disappointment.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:37 AM
78_f800crewcab4x4
Cargo Master
Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts
You can sue a chicken sandwich if you wanted to...the paperwork exists.

The judge is going to give you a "really?" face and dismiss you instantly.

Life is full of let downs, lies, bs:

I have heard it all...especially from girl friends. "oh baby I'm never going anywhere, except to be with you!!"

"hunnie we were made for each other, hell yes we were!"

"I dont 'kinda' miss you, I MISS you"

"I finally know what it feels like to see all these other guys at the gym and know you are the hottest one I have ever seen!, How could I ever leave you?"

"I would marry you right now, no questions asked!"

"OMG you are amazing, just a beast!"

"I'm scared baby, I don't ever want you to leave me, I want you in my life forever"

"Someday soon we will be living together and we wont have to worry about not being able to see each other"

All a LET DOWN!

Get over the car dealer salesman! If Rafiki was here he would beat you over the head with his stick!!

I guess to answer your question "wouldnt I be upset?" Maybe. I get upset over everything, even a little plastic pipe fitting with pinholes in it right from the factory. shoots water everywhere. Let's go find the guy in China that made it and sue his buns off!! Ahhhhh!!! Maybe even break his legs while im at it. I need a drink I'm sooo upset! Ahhhhh!

Old 03-29-2013, 07:36 AM
R Pope
Senior User
Ya snooze, ya lose!!
Their business is selling trucks. First come, first served. You should have put some cash on the table quicker, especially in a big dealership.
I agree that a judge is going to give you little sympathy.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:11 AM
LucasMN
Junior User
Really? You think a "gentleman's agreement" works in car sales? Next time come cash in hand and have your truck for trade. Take this as a lesson.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Bluegrass 7
Lead Driver
Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts
There is nothing to file about.
No crime has been commited.
What would your legal grounds be?
If I had something for sale I will sell it to who-ever comes with the money first. Why? Because the first person may never show and I lose a sale.
I had a car sold out from under me about 6 month ago after agreeing to come get it 2 days before.
Tough, but don't waist your time over it.
What would you get from doing this, anyway?

Old 03-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Club Wagon
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Of course we'd "be upset" but better to Cut Your Losses & Move On, instead of getting plastered & more "upset".

Originally Posted by SWAT KHAN
wont you be upset if it happened to you?
Ask yourself if 'Judge Judy' would laugh you out of her court room?

I had a kindly old Pastor sell a FORD Club Wagon out from under me. Test drove it, agreed on price to buy it & made appointment to give time to hit bank so I could pay cash & for him to retrieve title. All done w/handshake, as happy & friendly as can be. Pastor was a No Show, did not return calls & it took days to learn the truth.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:58 AM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
It will do you no good to do anything on a national level, ie contacting Ford. This is a dealership issue and not a Ford issue. You need to go talk to either the Sales Manager or the Dealership Manager. That saleman is the looser and not Ford. It is called "Chain of Command". Good luck.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Scalemandave
Senior User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Same thing happened to Me a few years ago. I was pretty upset until I found a better truck, which I have now.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:44 PM
WayneinChatham
Freshman User
I sold an airplane once to a preacher. He wanted me to hold the plane while he got his money together. I told him only money holds the plane. But he said, "I'm a preacher, you can trust me." Nope, money only. I went into the hanger, wrote up a contract with our agreements, he put down $2,000. We got two witnesses to sign it. He wanted a week to get his money together, and I insisted we make it 30 days. All ended well. Never shake hands. Money holds a deal.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:38 AM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
Originally Posted by WayneinChatham
But he said, "I'm a preacher, you can trust me."
Originally Posted by Club Wagon
I had a kindly old Pastor sell a FORD Club Wagon out from under me.
Just remember that Pastors and/or Preachers are SINNERS saved by Grace just like anybody else. Some Pastors are "self-proclaimed" and some are actually called to the ministry (Jeremiah 3:15). The self-proclaimed ones tend to be held to a higher standard by man. The "called" ones will be held to a higher standard by God. (Jeremiah 23:1)

Pastors, Preachers, Fathers and/or Priests are not Mediators between God and man, so please don't think that they are perfect. (1 Timothy 2:5). "They" will let you down every time.

Oh... and Happy Easter!

To stay on topic: Swat Kahn... you might try this: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_do_y...car_dealership