My Ford Magazine Wants to Hear from You!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 09:22 PM
ShayB
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would fill up my 2000 PSD Excursion with diesel and fill up my 1992 Mastercraft (with of course, FORD engine) with gas and load up my husband and 3 kids and head to the lake. If I had any money left on the card, I would put the rest in my husband's 1997 F-250 PSD. There would not be any left after that, but we would still have the 1986 Mustang GT left to fill up!

Our Fords are what make our special family trips possible!

Old 07-23-2003, 09:22 PM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would hit the open highway and set the cruise leaving behind the stress and worries of everyday life. Driving towards the sunset every evening never looking back. Enjoying the comforts and features of my truck and the sights and sounds of our beautiful country (until the card came up $0). Now getting back is another story.

Old 07-23-2003, 11:45 PM
Keahi73
Senior User

That would last me the entire North South Run to Santa Maria California ! Since it is the panels maiden voyage, we'd need the extra gas money for the "Support Vehicle", just in case !

Old 07-25-2003, 03:21 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Daves98F150STX
I would drive to Kansas and show my ex that I don't have to drive crap anymore now that she is gone!!!

That is the coolest answer so far.

I wonder when this little contest ended?

Nonetheless, I would fill up the ol '79 and head south on the Beartooth Highway across the "pass" at 10,500 feet. Past that is the Sunlight Basin, which is currently burning to a forest fire, the fire will go out when it hits the treeline. After I exit the basin I would head south into Cody, Wyoming, after that I don't really know where the road goes bu I'd take it.

Old 08-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Redneck-Cowboy
Elder User

Roadtrip with my friends as far and "where ever" $100 and my 200K 300-6 would take us. Muddin, interstate, cruzin town, the usual, only not with my money.

Redneck-Cowboy

Old 08-15-2003, 08:28 PM
retired2001
Elder User

I'd hook up my Ford behind my 36' Motorhome and haul it to someplace cooler, preferably Oregon or Washington or even Canada. Then I would drive the Ford ('02 S'crew) to the "coast" and enjoy the great North West! Also, where do I find "My Ford Magazine"?
For my "info'", check my profile.

Old 08-22-2003, 08:54 AM
Big Dave
Senior User

I'd take the truck and go camping with my wife in the Utah mountains, just as soon as I get home from the Persian Gulf!

Old 08-24-2003, 10:24 PM
RednekBullrider
New User
Talking My Ford Magazine Wants to Hear from You!

If i had a 100 dollar gas card, i'd fill up both tanks in my '70 3/4 ton, grab a case of pop, and the old lady, and head to detroit michigan. Auto capital of the world. Then i'd drive to colorado to the coors distribution still, and show em my silver bullet, big block 360, and run her home.

Kyle Warren, Union City, IN
rednek_bullrider(No Email Addresses In Posts!)

Old 08-24-2003, 10:25 PM
RednekBullrider
New User

If i had a 100 dollar gas card, i'd fill up both tanks in my '70 3/4 ton, grab a case of pop, and the old lady, and head to detroit michigan. Auto capital of the world. Then i'd drive to colorado to the coors distribution still, and show em my silver bullet, big block 360, and run her home. All before i left for the marine corps in october.

Kyle Warren, Union City, IN
rednek_bullrider(No Email Addresses In Posts!)

Old 08-30-2003, 12:42 PM
ThePheonixx2
Senior User

100$ free gas...hmm well i get about 350 miles to a tank in my 1994 ford explorer. thats a good bt of driving so i would have to say i would take a trip to oregon to help my buddy move back down here. he has been wanting to do this for some tme so i figure with 100$ in gas allready bought it would make the move alot easier. might get me a good distance from Fatettevlle, NC. if not i would take my girlfriend and her daughter (she's 4) to the beach, we have been dying to get to myrtle all summer but the bills are eating up that extra gas money.

Old 08-31-2003, 02:08 AM
Connie Marie
Freshman User

Laughin' and cryin' (i'm a girl, can't help it!) Cryin cause buddog said alabama....sigh I'd love to take that gas money and put it towards the thousands of miles to go back home...visit with family and friends...and get covered in red clay......them stains are wearin' off the truck and my toes...yikes they aint gonna call me a yankee when i go back home now..are they? (jokin')

Old 09-02-2003, 03:16 PM
FordLuvinJarhead
Freshman User

But Connie isnt Oregon growing on you?

Old 09-02-2003, 03:23 PM
FordLuvinJarhead
Freshman User

100 dollars free gas.....that would fill up my dual tanks and 2 gas cans at 2.13 a gallon...

I would load up my sleeping bag and dogs and head up to the mountains. I would go wheeling on those jeep trails and show the jeepers that it can be done with a fullsize. Then laugh all the way back home.

Old 09-02-2003, 04:53 PM
njvig
Freshman User

I would load my two beautiful children and my wife into my 2003 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab Dually and drive over to Grandma's house. Drop the kids off. Stop at the local liquor store, pick up our favorite ice cold beverages and load them into the cooler. I would then point my behemoth truck towards the east coast and make a B-Line to a nice secluded area on the beach. Let a little air out of my tires to help my 7000lb truck navigate the sand a little better. Fill up the air mattress in my 8ft bed. Pop open a couple of those Ice cold Coronas with lime and spend some long over due quality time with my wife. Watch the sun go down. And later on count the stars together with the warm glow of our camp fire.
In the morning I'll crank up my Power Stroke give the wife one last kiss before dropping it into drive and etching that day into my memory.
Paul
Sayreville, NJ
njvig64@cs.com

Old 09-02-2003, 06:10 PM
MrRottnDog
Posting Guru

That Would Be Just Enough To Get My SuperCharged V10 eXcursion To the INDY 4X4 JAMBOREE In Indianapolis 2 Weeks From Now. If The Wind Is At My Back!

MrRottnDog(No Email Addresses In Posts!)

Last edited by MrRottnDog; 09-02-2003 at 06:13 PM.

Quick Reply: My Ford Magazine Wants to Hear from You!