6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

BP Bio Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 05:49 PM
slowmans
Cargo Master
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by majkthreads
He's actually right so quit ripping him. On several forums an abundance of those failures are from IL. NOT ALL, but a good portion. But way to rip him.
Ya know what kills HPFP's.....? lack of lubrication.. and water..(or so everyone says) Bio increases Lubrication!! I must have missed the thread that geographically shows where the HPFP's are failing, my fault.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Rick Cargo
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I wasn't looking to rip anyone and even stated I could be wrong which I guess I was wrong which I am intitled to. Whatever!

Old 05-27-2012, 06:20 PM
ljutic ss
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pennsylvania has 2% bio mandate since 2010

Old 05-27-2012, 06:37 PM
slowmans
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Rick Cargo
I wasn't looking to rip anyone and even stated I could be wrong which I guess I was wrong which I am intitled to. Whatever!
My intention was not to rip you, I just get really frustrated when people don't post factual information, I know others as well as myself have run thousands of gallons of Bio and had no issues. I think people are really misinformed on a lot of things with these trucks and this is just 1 of the many issues people are misinformed about. Quiet frankly I think my tuned 6.4 running Bio runs 1,000,000 times better than it did stock......

just my $.02

Old 05-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read about how water and bio diesel act when combined as compared to water in standard diesel. That's the issue. Not lubricity.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:54 PM
slowmans
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Biggziff
Read about how water and bio diesel act when combined as compared to water in standard diesel. That's the issue. Not lubricity.
If you buy good, quality Bio you won't have any problems....its when joe blow is making his own and not "drying" it enough....

Commercial Biodiesel has to meet Govt. specs.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Dos Monitos
Junior User
Originally Posted by slowmans
I think your wrong, I have been running Bio for years and have never had an issue.......do your homework before you want to bash something you don't have a clue about......B-2 (2% Biodiesel) has more Lubrication than you will ever need for that HPFP!

Kinda hard to even call B2 Biodiesel anymore, a lot of places don't even mandate posting "Biodiesel" notification for B5 and less. So many could be using up to 5% Biodiesel and not even know it.

That being said there is a a lot of difference between running B2 and B20! So much so your manual will likely tell you not to let B20 set in your tank for more then 30 days.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:24 AM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
If you buy good, quality Bio you won't have any problems....its when joe blow is making his own and not "drying" it enough....

LOL...."Government specs"...that's pretty funny.

Educate yourself on bio-diesel and how water behaves when introduced into it. It's got nothing to do with drying the fuel during production. Water is introduced into fuel in a hundred other ways after the fuel has been delivered from the fuel producer.

Here's a video that explains it pretty well in simple terms.

Water In Diesel and Biodiesel - YouTube

If you think the government is going to protect or indemnify you if your truck ends up on a roll back from a load of fuel with water in it you're sadly mistaken. The government is allowing (willful knowledge) sub-standard fuels to be sold which are creating all kinds of issues (just think about ethanol in gasoline) that the consumers have to pick up the tab on.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:12 AM
slowmans
Cargo Master
LOL...."Government specs"...that's pretty funny.

Educate yourself on bio-diesel and how water behaves when introduced into it. It's got nothing to do with drying the fuel during production. Water is introduced into fuel in a hundred other ways after the fuel has been delivered from the fuel producer.

Here's a video that explains it pretty well in simple terms.

Water In Diesel and Biodiesel - YouTube

If you think the government is going to protect or indemnify you if your truck ends up on a roll back from a load of fuel with water in it you're sadly mistaken. The government is allowing (willful knowledge) sub-standard fuels to be sold which are creating all kinds of issues (just think about ethanol in gasoline) that the consumers have to pick up the tab on.
It seems you are the one who is misunderstood wen it comes to bio.... I know more than I need to, have had no issues and am not affraid to use it. To each his own, I never said the government was gonna back my purchase so don't take things out of context!

Moral of the story is if you know what your doing when it comes to running bio you will have no issues. It's the people that have no clue what they are talking about and then jump on the bio- hater bandwagon .

Old 05-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
It seems you are the one who is misunderstood wen it comes to bio....
Please elaborate.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:16 PM
pvanvalin
New User
IL mandate was around the same time. (2009 - 2010) State actually gives a tax credit to stations.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:44 PM
slowmans
Cargo Master
Please elaborate.
You make it sound like I don't know what I'm talking about... I have been running bio since 2006, with only 1 issue a gelled filter one winter from running to high a concentration. I know others that run bio as well with little to no issues as well.

Do you have experience running it? You shouldn't go by all the negative propaganda you read if that's what you are using to base your argument off of.

My trucks have run great, UOA's have been great and I'm happy running it and so is my truck.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
I'm not "making" you sound like anything.

I don't have any argument.

I've simply pointed out an issue with Biodiesel that has been well established, but few are aware of it. It's hygroscopic. In older vehicles water isn't as big of a concern. In newer systems, especially those with very high fuel pressures it becomes a important thing to be aware of.

I'm still waiting for you to explain to me how I've misunderstood.

You make it sound like I don't know what I'm talking about... I have been running bio since 2006, with only 1 issue a gelled filter one winter from running to high a concentration. I know others that run bio as well with little to no issues as well.

Do you have experience running it? You shouldn't go by all the negative propaganda you read if that's what you are using to base your argument off of.

My trucks have run great, UOA's have been great and I'm happy running it and so is my truck.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LMAO.....Good to see at least 1 person has faith in the govt!

Old 05-30-2012, 05:05 PM
slowmans
Cargo Master
I'm not "making" you sound like anything.

I don't have any argument.

I've simply pointed out an issue with Biodiesel that has been well established, but few are aware of it. It's hygroscopic. In older vehicles water isn't as big of a concern. In newer systems, especially those with very high fuel pressures it becomes a important thing to be aware of.

I'm still waiting for you to explain to me how I've misunderstood.
I should have said misunderstood what I'm saying about Bio.....

I am trying to state that its not Bio's fault, and everyone seems to point the finger at it when something goes wrong.....yes it carries water more than dino diesel does, yes it can encounter water 1,000 different ways...so on and so on.....Like I said if you know what your doing with it, you will probably never have a problem. I buy B-99 or B-100 depending on where I buy it, it meets the ASTM specs its supposed to meet, both Companies I get it from have been in business for many many years and I have always had good experiences with it.its been beaten to death that Bio is bad or this fuel additive is better than that, or that the filtration system is under engineered.........blah blah blah.....
I have been running various blends of Bio for 6+ years and will continue to do so, I haven't had any issues other than one gelled fuel filter. I know of a few folks that have run B-100 in their 6.4's and have had no issues...luck?....maybe..maybe not....none of us know?

And no I don't put much trust in the govt......

Quick Reply: BP Bio Diesel