Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

California or Bust! Long odds and good times!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 03:13 PM
bc4x4f250
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BBslider001

only half truths spoken here....

So, apparently you are the arbiter of logic and truths? As if what I stated is simply only part of the truth... some lying going on? BBslider, NONE of what I stated is any damn "half-truth"! In the past month, my declarations are coming true... excuse, but exactly how many municipalities have declared bankruptcy or declared fiscal emergencies? Care to wager how many municipalities will be insolvent before 2013?

Right, this state is so progressive... so progressive they don't have the coin to cover MOST of their expenses. So far advanced than most other states that MORE people are exiting California (that actually are the people with education and the finances to do so) than are coming in.

California is TOAST!!! Put some butter & jelly on mine, please...

As well, do not - ever - say it to my face that I am ever lying about anything!

Old 08-01-2012, 08:48 PM
lio45
Senior User
I forgot to ask, but... what the hell are you doing in Wells?

The I-40 would have been a much more direct route from Virginia to SoCal. Even the I-10 drive would have been shorter than I-80.

In fact... Charlottesville VA to Ontario CA is 2,513 miles.

while Charlottesville to Wells NV is 2,254 miles. In other words, with the mileage you just did, you'd have been entering southern California by the time you arrived in Wells, in northeastern NV.

Just curious why you picked the I-80... it's all water under the bridge now anyway, or shall I say, it's all WVO fumes down your exhaust now? :P

Good luck for the rest of your trip!

Old 08-02-2012, 09:37 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by joe f350
what ever ur snoking i want some to this state is dead
Whatever I am smoking has gotten me a job, a place to live, and the ability to surf most every day. I have money in the bank and money coming in. It isn't much, but it isn't 1,000 degrees like where I just came back from with nothing to do but eat and stay in the AC.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:45 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by bc4x4f250
So, apparently you are the arbiter of logic and truths? As if what I stated is simply only part of the truth... some lying going on? BBslider, NONE of what I stated is any damn "half-truth"! In the past month, my declarations are coming true... excuse, but exactly how many municipalities have declared bankruptcy or declared fiscal emergencies? Care to wager how many municipalities will be insolvent before 2013?

Right, this state is so progressive... so progressive they don't have the coin to cover MOST of their expenses. So far advanced than most other states that MORE people are exiting California (that actually are the people with education and the finances to do so) than are coming in.

California is TOAST!!! Put some butter & jelly on mine, please...

As well, do not - ever - say it to my face that I am ever lying about anything!
I NEVER said you were lying, but your information is incorrect. That would make what you are saying only "half true". And seriously, what are we going to do? Have en E-fight? Settle down. It's just a conversation about CA and it is called DISAGREEING. When you are in the state's treasury and have REAL info, lemme know.
I am not saying this state does not have its troubles, but the illusion that Texas or somewhere else is the answer is just that....an ILLUSION! Are you going to say I am lying now? I know dude, I just came from there. Making anywhere is tough right now, but crapping all over someone else's dreams or desires isn't going to accomplish anything either.

So, back to the topic at hand. The the OP, did you make it out of where you were stuck yet?

Old 08-02-2012, 05:15 PM
linus72
Senior User
hey guys

I took this route because right before I left I noticed a ad on craigslist where a guy needed his belongings transported to Woodland, CA and he had no other way to get it across from Georgetown, DC.
He paid me $600 so I picked it up before I left, about 500lbs of household goods and tax papers, etc.

Ive already burned through that money and still have his stuff. He understands the plight I'm in and is waiting for me even now.

I have finished the diesel mechanics house today and wil upload some before and after pics showing the soffit and paint work!
Please understand I have never done plastic soffit nor am I a painter but he seems to be very pleased

Tomorrow after he pays me I will go to Elko, NV and buy some GP's, a glowplug removal kit and a big battery and hope for the best!
All they have here at the Napa are Autolite GP's...arrrgh

Heres the GP removal kit from Walmart
OTC 6005A Diesel Glow Plug Removal Tool: Tools : Walmart.com

if it works I will either keep it or return it to Walmart, love their use-it-and-return-it policy lol.

Just hope to be on my way soon, the altitude here is killing me, about 5800ft!

Old 08-02-2012, 05:32 PM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
At 106.96 I vote for the use and return program although I normally don't advocate that.
The walmart link shows the tool coming from ToolKing online. They probably won't have it in the store.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:56 PM
whiteboyslo
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm gonna go ahead and say they DEFINITELY will not have it in the store. Wal-Mart, like SEARS and some other brick-and-mortars, seems to fancy themselves as an Amazon-like business when it comes to their websites. They'll sell you darn near anything, but really they're just the middle man.

Mike

Old 08-02-2012, 09:31 PM
joe f350
Post Fiend
Whatever I am smoking has gotten me a job, a place to live, and the ability to surf most every day. I have money in the bank and money coming in. It isn't much, but it isn't 1,000 degrees like where I just came back from with nothing to do but eat and stay in the AC.
so ur leaking off well fair like most of cali the on of the highest employments rant

Unemployment in the U.S. - Google Public Data Explorer

Old 08-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Twistedwrench
Senior User
It's funny how one guy moving across the country has a few guys all wound up .
Work here work there does it really matter ?
The point is that we have a general interest in ford trucks ! That's why I'M here !

Old 08-04-2012, 12:46 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by joe f350
so ur leaking off well fair like most of cali the on of the highest employments rant

Unemployment in the U.S. - Google Public Data Explorer
huh? You mean "welfare"? No, I actually work, M-F, 8 hours a day.....doesn't matter though. You guys think what ya want and leave asap....more money for the ones that wanna stay. I didn't even look at the link. It's all a dog and pony show. I don't live my life by links from the internet, but rather the truth set before me. Life is short....better enjoy it.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:11 PM
joe f350
Post Fiend
huh? You mean "welfare"? No, I actually work, M-F, 8 hours a day.....doesn't matter though. You guys think what ya want and leave asap....more money for the ones that wanna stay. I didn't even look at the link. It's all a dog and pony show. I don't live my life by links from the internet, but rather the truth set before me. Life is short....better enjoy it.
people leave this state because it sucks stupied laws cant get any good guns and i been looking for a job over a year and found nothing done ever thing form fast food to wall-mart and everything in between

Old 08-04-2012, 01:42 PM
linus72
Senior User
well
finally got the glowplug out

I went to Napa, got a new Autolite GP, only kind they carry
found a big nut that fits the GP threads
used a saber saw on slow speed with 24TPI metal blade and cut nut in half
placed nut around the loosened GP threads and used a wrench to hold nut on tight while I used a ratchet to loosen GP
it worked!

GP came out with no issues and tip was not broken off

Bad news is the truck still will not start!?

Made sure fuel is getting to injectors, replaced filter too
purged air, etc

will now replace remaining 7 GP's just to be sure...

It almost started ONCE and then nothing after....
damn it!

its getting fuel and air!

maybe all the injectors are bad?

I'm stuck at this point....

Old 08-04-2012, 01:51 PM
1989f250IDI
Elder User
Maybe you have low compression and your motor is gone?

Old 08-04-2012, 01:52 PM
1989f250IDI
Elder User
could be a bad valve? who knows man

Old 08-04-2012, 01:59 PM
linus72
Senior User
one bad valve or cylinder could stop it from starting?

wouldnt there be a way to test either??

Quick Reply: California or Bust! Long odds and good times!