6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2012 F350 Hood dents???

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 01:10 PM
rrthor
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys I have one on each side in the same position as the op's. The first one appeared soon after I had the truck. The second one appeared when I was up on a stool cleaning the windshield. I leaned there with my palm.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:45 PM
cc2cuz
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same dent on the driver side. Didn't think anything of it until I saw this thread.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Hdslider
Postmaster
The sheet metal is very soft. My man who tints my windows is always oh so careful, but I had a little dent from his hand.was no biggy. Took a little dry ice and it came right out.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:47 PM
mmollo
Junior User

Somethings up with these hoods. We all have the same dent in the same spot.
I bet most don't even know they have the dent or dents. Mine is hard to see, but it's there. Everyone needs to check theirs out and Ford needs to do a little PDR and fix them.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:00 PM
TXtinct
You'll shoot your eye out

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He said the whole hood was out of line after checking it. He adjusted those hood posts and said it looks straight now. I believe we may have found the culprit... Thanks for all your input guys. I'm glad I asked the question, it seems a lot more people than I thought have the same problem.

He did say he saw more denting on the side that was riding higher before the adjustment. Which leads me to believe there was more stress on that side.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:55 PM
bnmccoy
Elder User

I noticed my hood vibrating (or shaking up and down) when truck was new when driving a rough road. The hood was not touching the adjustable rubber stops or dampers. Old school method used to adjust: put silly putty or play dough on same to gauge the gap; make adjustments, repeat.

I am also missing the weather strip on hood above the left headlamp; only have the strip on right side of hood.

My hood is not aluminum; it is steel.

Bob

Last edited by bnmccoy; 05-17-2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: added hood is steel
Old 05-17-2012, 08:14 PM
brmpipes
Elder User
I have the same dent on the passenger side of hood. Just a small one but noticeable.Also missing the above left headlight hum. Mine is an early 2011.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:34 PM
Davgt500
Senior User
Originally Posted by bnmccoy
I noticed my hood vibrating (or shaking up and down) when truck was new when driving a rough road. The hood was not touching the adjustable rubber stops or dampers. Old school method used to adjust: put silly putty or play dough on same to gauge the gap; make adjustments, repeat.

I am also missing the weather strip on hood above the left headlamp; only have the strip on right side of hood.

Bob
I noticed last month that I was also missing the same piece of weather strip. will check the hood dent thing in the morning.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:09 AM
chapfr
Freshman User
Dents on hood

Hey Guys , I had my truck for a week and noticed the dents on both sides , had dealer fix , no problem , they appeared again , I realized that I am doing it at the gas station when washing the windshield. This happens when you use the short handle wand , stand on running boards grab top of hood to balance yourself and look where your elbow is and the nice little dent.
Best truck I have ever owned but come on Ford , Cheap soft hoods and Junk shocks on a $60 K truck

Old 05-18-2012, 07:05 AM
brmpipes
Elder User
Originally Posted by chapfr
Hey Guys , I had my truck for a week and noticed the dents on both sides , had dealer fix , no problem , they appeared again , I realized that I am doing it at the gas station when washing the windshield. This happens when you use the short handle wand , stand on running boards grab top of hood to balance yourself and look where your elbow is and the nice little dent.
Best truck I have ever owned but come on Ford , Cheap soft hoods and Junk shocks on a $60 K truck
OK, So when were you over washing my window in my truck lol. Also i want my weatherstrip back if you took that also

Old 05-18-2012, 09:08 AM
brmpipes
Elder User
I think it is possible that someone from the factory is closeing these hoods from the side of the truck, causeing these dents to occure. Just a thought.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Davgt500
Senior User
I checked and have no dents on my hood.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:03 PM
TXtinct
You'll shoot your eye out

That's good, did you check your posts to make sure they are adjusted properly to avoid dents? Couldn't hurt.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Davgt500
Senior User
Originally Posted by TXtinct
That's good, did you check your posts to make sure they are adjusted properly to avoid dents? Couldn't hurt.
The drivers side is just a tiny bit high - barely noticeable, will adjust later today. Thanks.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:22 PM
jrtraderny
Senior User
Originally Posted by bnmccoy

Bob

So there is supposed to be a weather strip above the left headlamp ?
If so mine's MIA also.
jr

Quick Reply: 2012 F350 Hood dents???