6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Rancho 4in lift 2011-12 Super Duty

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 02:45 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,019 Likes on 2,202 Posts
Originally Posted by my996duc1
Be sure to take lots of pics and let us know how it does.
I would have liked to do a 4" lift but wanting tow my 5th wheel level has kept me from going any higher, for now.

_
That's where I am at. If I go any higher my perfectly level 5th wheel and ATV trailer towing days are over.

Tux, is your truck going to be the Ranch R&D truck for the new 4" lift?

Old 05-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
That's where I am at. If I go any higher my perfectly level 5th wheel and ATV trailer towing days are over.

Tux, is your truck going to be the Ranch R&D truck for the new 4" lift?
I was concerned about towing as well, but my trailers are both conventional ball hitches, i figure an adjustable ball hitch will allow me to stay level.

As for the lift being installed, its all current production stuff, nothing experimental or R/D status. Just a test fit. At least thats my understanding (Rancho, feel free to correct me if im wrong)

Either way, ive read some awesome stuff about this kit based on actual users, while any of the negative stuff seems to from those who dont have real world experience and have no facts to back up their "emotional" responses.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:13 PM
RedBoat
Rather Be Floatin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh now it makes sence, you were pretty anti/rancho prior to this.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
i sure wasnt impressed with the "rancho branded" motorcrafts that came with the FX4 pkg. but im not biased, dont hold a grudge, and dont have anything against a unique opportunity. If you know me, you know i like to research my topics. And all the factual research on this subject has made it clear, Rancho is a quality product. Of course, I will have more on the subject after the mod. But I have high hopes, no pun intended lol.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:38 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,019 Likes on 2,202 Posts
I don't think Rancho makes bad products. I'm sure you will love the lift (especially a free one). I think there are strengths and weakness to a lot of companies. There are a lot of happy Rancho 9000 shock owners here for example. I personally think the ICON and Carli lifts are better systems, but they are in a totally different price bracket. Anyone can lift a truck, but lift it and retain or improve the ride, that is saying something. I'm sure you will make certain Rancho meets your satisfaction. It will be good hearing your review once you get it one. You speak your mind and will give a fair review.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
the question now though is.....what tires? and should i change the wheels? daaaaaa

Old 05-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Rancho Suspension
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
I don't think Rancho makes bad products. I'm sure you will love the lift (especially a free one). I think there are strengths and weakness to a lot of companies. There are a lot of happy Rancho 9000 shock owners here for example. I personally think the ICON and Carli lifts are better systems, but they are in a totally different price bracket. Anyone can lift a truck, but lift it and retain or improve the ride, that is saying something. I'm sure you will make certain Rancho meets your satisfaction. It will be good hearing your review once you get it one. You speak your mind and will give a fair review.

Well said.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:41 PM
RedBoat
Rather Be Floatin

Originally Posted by Tuxedo Scorpion
i sure wasnt impressed with the "rancho branded" motorcrafts that came with the FX4 pkg. but im not biased, dont hold a grudge, and dont have anything against a unique opportunity. If you know me, you know i like to research my topics. And all the factual research on this subject has made it clear, Rancho is a quality product. Of course, I will have more on the subject after the mod. But I have high hopes, no pun intended lol.
Oh I understand just poking some fun at ya!
If they had that offer down here in the south I would jump at the offer to test a Rancho Lift because I like you belive in using quality products within my means and intended usage. Thats the reason I chose the 9000XL's, they give me the oppertunity to tune my ride for commuting to work and then at the twist of a **** tune it for towing my boat!

Old 05-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
not to mention, a company like that doesnt survive 60 years+ (started 1950s) if they are junk. nuff said.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:04 PM
my996duc1
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not to mention, a company like that doesnt survive 60 years+ (started 1950s) if they are junk. nuff said.
They won't survive another 60yrs if they keep letting companies put the Rancho label on sub-standard junk products.
I wonder how much Rancho was paid to let Ford throw the Rancho label on junk shocks.... hopefully it was worth the black eye to the Rancho brand.

I was concerned about towing as well, but my trailers are both conventional ball hitches, i figure an adjustable ball hitch will allow me to stay level.
Perfect.
Yeah, just get an adjustable hitch and some airbags. You should be good to go.

_

Old 05-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
i dont think the FX4 shocks have even dented either companys reputation in the big picture, sure maybe the super duty enthusiasts like us have opinions, but many dont think twice. Besides, if you think thats the only relationship between Tenneco and Ford you got another thing coming. They are also the OE supplier of exhaust systems, steering components, bushings, and suspension. As well as many other auto manufacturers. That alone says a ton. And you dont see anyone squawking about those components.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:53 PM
doublenot7
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I recently went with Rancho 9000's for shocks and a Rancho steering stabilizer also. We just returned from a 2600 mile trip, very happy with the new Ranchos!

Old 05-26-2012, 02:23 AM
drtry10
Senior User
Originally Posted by Rancho Suspension
Interesting, holding a RS9000XL in my hand right now, Made in the USA.
A fact that we are very proud of too.

Another thing that really sets us a part is the fact that we offer our 90 day risk free trial offer on the RS9000XL and the RS7000MT. Isn't it nice to know that if you aren't happy you can return them for a refund? Also our limited lifetime warranty. Save that receipt! We don't have a record of you buying them.
I'm sorry if this comes off harsh, I just purchase a 2012 F250 crew cab lariat FX4 last night. I hit a bump on the interstate on my way home and kept feeling the motion 2 miles down the road (exageration a little). That is what brought me here. My question is do you provide a trial offer for the shocks supplied with the FX4 package. I am heading to the dealer tomorrow to ask the same question. My last shocks were doetch and never had a problem. I had them revalved after 105000 miles and were like new.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:42 AM
2ndStroke
Lead Driver
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
the question now though is.....what tires? and should i change the wheels? daaaaaa
Your gonna need something with a little more meat now!

Old 05-26-2012, 06:04 AM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by 2ndStroke
Your gonna need something with a little more meat now!
im pretty much set on the Nitto Trail Grapplers. just not sure if i wanna do the 295 65R20's or the 35x12.5R20s

Quick Reply: Rancho 4in lift 2011-12 Super Duty