cool sounding exaust for 2006 f250 5.4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Exhaust Systems
Reload this Page >

cool sounding exaust for 2006 f250 5.4

Notices

cool sounding exaust for 2006 f250 5.4

 
  #1  
Old 05-15-2012, 08:24 PM
FORDf250XLT's Avatar
FORDf250XLT
FORDf250XLT is offline
Junior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
FORDf250XLT is starting off with a positive reputation.
cool sounding exaust for 2006 f250 5.4

What sounds nice and loud that wont cost a lot of cash for my 2006 f250 xlt extended cab with a 5.4? Would a muffler like this cut it ? Would I need to change everything or would just changing the muffler work?
 
  #2  
Old 05-17-2012, 05:05 AM
danger_ranger79's Avatar
danger_ranger79
danger_ranger79 is offline
Junior User
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Reedy, WV
Posts: 52
danger_ranger79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exhaust sound and tone is all about personal opinion and preference, you will get alot of different opinions on what sounds better.

I personally like the sound of flowmasters on fuel injected engines, Id go with a super 44. Are you gonna dual it? I would go ahead and fork out the extra cash and at least have a cat-back dual exhaust done.

Youtube has tons of videos of different exhaust setups and sound clips, so get a few mufflers your interested in and search em up on youtube. Post a pic when your done
 
  #3  
Old 05-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Jon Thomas
Jon Thomas is offline
New User
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 22
Jon Thomas is starting off with a positive reputation.
1992 ford e150 exhaust question

made my post in an old thread by accident please ignore or delete. I could not figure out how to delete it
 

Last edited by Jon Thomas; 05-17-2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: wrong area
  #4  
Old 05-17-2012, 08:48 PM
FORDf250XLT's Avatar
FORDf250XLT
FORDf250XLT is offline
Junior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
FORDf250XLT is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by danger_ranger79 View Post
Exhaust sound and tone is all about personal opinion and preference, you will get alot of different opinions on what sounds better.

I personally like the sound of flowmasters on fuel injected engines, Id go with a super 44. Are you gonna dual it? I would go ahead and fork out the extra cash and at least have a cat-back dual exhaust done.

Youtube has tons of videos of different exhaust setups and sound clips, so get a few mufflers your interested in and search em up on youtube. Post a pic when your done
Is it hard to just switch out the muffler?
 
  #5  
Old 05-17-2012, 09:16 PM
danger_ranger79's Avatar
danger_ranger79
danger_ranger79 is offline
Junior User
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Reedy, WV
Posts: 52
danger_ranger79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you just want to switch out the muffler it won't be hard. The only dificult part would be clamping the new muffler in, you will probaby have to buy some pipe to go from the old pipe to the new muffler, most aftermarket mufflers are a good bit shorter than stock. With a sawzall and some exhaust clamps it shouldn't take long at all. Or you could weld it if you wanna be fancy lol
 
  #6  
Old 05-18-2012, 07:52 PM
FORDf250XLT's Avatar
FORDf250XLT
FORDf250XLT is offline
Junior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
FORDf250XLT is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by danger_ranger79 View Post
If you just want to switch out the muffler it won't be hard. The only dificult part would be clamping the new muffler in, you will probaby have to buy some pipe to go from the old pipe to the new muffler, most aftermarket mufflers are a good bit shorter than stock. With a sawzall and some exhaust clamps it shouldn't take long at all. Or you could weld it if you wanna be fancy lol
You have any recommendations for cool sounding exhausts that will make my truck sound big and powerful?
 
  #7  
Old 05-19-2012, 04:45 AM
danger_ranger79's Avatar
danger_ranger79
danger_ranger79 is offline
Junior User
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Reedy, WV
Posts: 52
danger_ranger79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well I have had personal experience with Flowmaster, I have used the original 40 and the super 44. The super 44 is a pretty aggressive sounding muffler with nice throaty sound. Alot of people like Magnaflow also, I have never used them so I can't say.

Like I said, go on youtube and search for some vids of exhaust clips with a setup ur interested in and go from there
 
  #8  
Old 05-20-2012, 09:23 PM
V10man's Avatar
V10man
V10man is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Mesa
Posts: 3,809
V10man is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.V10man is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Here is some pics of doing just what U want to do, swap mufflers. I used a Dynomax Super Turbo but you may want something louder. Your system should be 3". Webshots Rides offers thousands of the best car wallpapers.
 
  #9  
Old 05-21-2012, 07:37 AM
FORDf250XLT's Avatar
FORDf250XLT
FORDf250XLT is offline
Junior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
FORDf250XLT is starting off with a positive reputation.
Which one of the flowmaster mufflers isn't super loud but still sounds nice?
 
  #10  
Old 05-21-2012, 10:05 AM
danger_ranger79's Avatar
danger_ranger79
danger_ranger79 is offline
Junior User
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Reedy, WV
Posts: 52
danger_ranger79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
40 series Id say. To be honest though, I don't think ull have to worry about it being too loud, these new motors and having stock cats dampen alot of sound anyway
 
  #11  
Old 05-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Beechkid
Beechkid is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,381
Beechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FORDf250XLT View Post
What sounds nice and loud that wont cost a lot of cash for my 2006 f250 xlt extended cab with a 5.4? Would a muffler like this cut it ? Would I need to change everything or would just changing the muffler work?
I like Allied resonators, they have been around for 30+ years, last long, every muffler shop in the US has them, flow as good as any HP muffler, nice deep tone, low rumble on accel/decel, avail in any size length- 30" will fit with no problem (no drone either)
 
  #12  
Old 06-01-2012, 12:34 AM
dirtydeeds
dirtydeeds is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 260
dirtydeeds is starting off with a positive reputation.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Jdub289
2004 - 2008 F150
3
06-17-2012 08:15 AM
fordsuperduty250
1999 to 2016 Super Duty
4
06-07-2011 12:41 PM
CircleV
1999 to 2016 Super Duty
4
02-07-2011 11:25 PM
Atwiss
1999 to 2016 Super Duty
2
03-03-2010 11:16 PM
swhite005
2004 - 2008 F150
13
12-09-2005 12:08 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cool sounding exaust for 2006 f250 5.4


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.