Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BFG Mud Terrains.. Who Has Them?

Old 05-10-2012, 10:23 PM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster
WA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to all
BFG Mud Terrains.. Who Has Them?

Well, Pro Comp quit making my beloved X-Terrain in 325/80-16. I don't want to buy new rims and moma gave me the green light for new tires. BFG makes it in a 345/75-16 and I'm planning on getting them, just want to know who has them and how they are wearing.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Gatrucknut
Senior User
Gatrucknut is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a set on mine. Theyre the KM2's similar to the military michelin Mud terrains. Bought the truck and was told they had 8k on them. I got another 3k since then, and they seem to be holding up OK. I'm down here in Ga so the roads are in pretty good shape. Nice even wear, but I dont expect to get the 45K out of these like I have the older BFG's Muds. I am expecting 30-35k on them. Very happy though, very little road noise and great road manners considering the agressive tread design. I do believe I would buy them again without a doubt.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:53 AM
UcaN
Senior User
UcaN is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.UcaN is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Nice tire.... But they do wear out quick.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:17 PM
That_Guy
Postmaster
That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.
I had them on a 96 f150 and they were a good tire. Really good in snow. Dont know how the weight of these trucks will affect them though.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:38 PM
kccatpower
Senior User
kccatpower is starting off with a positive reputation.
i am on my second set of them, i have the old tread design though. i have been very happy with them, road noise isnt bad, i rotate mine every 5k and was able to get 80k out of the first set. i tow 8-10k bumper pull toy hauler and it does decent, you can feel a little wiggle when the wind catches the trailor. i dont do any serious off roading but racing motocross in mo means you are usually parked in a field somewhere. the closet or best mud run i had was being parked at the bottom of hill after raining all night, i had about a 200 yard run uphill pulling the trailor and made it barely, but i was the only one that was parked at the bottom that didnt have to be pulled out by the tractor that day.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:30 PM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster
WA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to all
I know a couple of D-Max's that run them and have gotten 50k+ out of a set. I just wanted to hear some of your guy's real world experience with them.

UcaN- have you run a set of them?

Old 05-13-2012, 01:48 PM
UcaN
Senior User
UcaN is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.UcaN is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by WA.Ranger View Post
I know a couple of D-Max's that run them and have gotten 50k+ out of a set. I just wanted to hear some of your guy's real world experience with them.

UcaN- have you run a set of them?
I did..... only got 40K out of them. I do pull an enclosed 26" trailer quite often, so that took a good chunk of life out of them.

They are a nice looking tire, but i don't like the road noise they produce.

I have since been running the All Terrain and love it. I was able to squeeze 60K out of my last set rotating them every 5k religiously....

Old 05-13-2012, 03:39 PM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
CSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to behold
Why waste your money...

Get the best road worthy long wearing MT you can...

Toyo MT...

Old 05-13-2012, 05:18 PM
roostercrows
Elder User
roostercrows has a good reputation on FTE.roostercrows has a good reputation on FTE.
Jeff, I've heard the same as what Joe is saying, that the Toyos are the way to go.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:38 PM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster
I'd love to run the Toyo if they made it in a 37", but I know the 35 will be to small with my 4.30's, and the 38 I'd have run some 8" lift springs. I do have a spare set of springs I could get re-arched, and that was a serious consideration, but the 345/75-16 BFG makes would suit me fine. I don't want to spend money on new rims, that's why my choices are limited. As far as getting 40k out of a set of MT's, not to shabby in my book.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:46 PM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
CSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to behold
Step up to some 17" wheels???

I run 37-13.5-17 and average 45-55k on each set.

Same thing on my wifes Excursion.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:16 PM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster
Originally Posted by WA.Ranger View Post
I'd love to run the Toyo if they made it in a 37", but I know the 35 will be to small with my 4.30's, and the 38 I'd have run some 8" lift springs. I do have a spare set of springs I could get re-arched, and that was a serious consideration, but the 345/75-16 BFG makes would suit me fine. I don't want to spend money on new rims, that's why my choices are limited. As far as getting 40k out of a set of MT's, not to shabby in my book.
That's the thing Joe, I don't want to buy something I don't need, hence me leaning toward the BFG. But dang, you almost have me talked into a set of Toyo's.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:58 PM
roostercrows
Elder User
roostercrows has a good reputation on FTE.roostercrows has a good reputation on FTE.
Hmmm, so you have limited options then...

I have heard lots of great things the BFG's as well, so I don't think you'll go wrong with them.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:12 PM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
My only issue with the BFG's is tread wear. Otherwise I have never read about anything bad... Just tread wear.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:14 PM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster
Well, I'm going to keep my options open, guess I'll hunt around on CL for some 17's and see what turns up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BFG Mud Terrains.. Who Has Them?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.