General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

I Want to Build a Electric Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 12:02 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I plan to stick around my parents for a while, pretty much free room and board till i turn 21 then i pay rent.

Also you realize the worst isn't just your rims bending, the frame of the bike is weak and could collapse pretty quick. after all it is a road bike right? Whereas a dirt bit has an all metal frame. Generally aluminum, they are built for jumping and off road beating. It won't break easy. The plastic you are talking about is kind of like the plastic on a smart car. It is ment to be broken and replaced so you damage the cosmetics and not the important stuff. This however isn't me telling you to not build this contraption of yours, they are good projects but not as safe as you think.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:33 AM
chamblizi
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
I plan to stick around my parents for a while, pretty much free room and board till i turn 21 then i pay rent.

Also you realize the worst isn't just your rims bending, the frame of the bike is weak and could collapse pretty quick. after all it is a road bike right? Whereas a dirt bit has an all metal frame. Generally aluminum, they are built for jumping and off road beating. It won't break easy. The plastic you are talking about is kind of like the plastic on a smart car. It is ment to be broken and replaced so you damage the cosmetics and not the important stuff. This however isn't me telling you to not build this contraption of yours, they are good projects but not as safe as you think.
Ive never crashed a bycyle in my life but once... but i have crashed a ATV several times.

Living with my mom is unexceptionable in any way, shape, form, or fashion.

I am going to put it to you this way (living in your moms house) does not get the vagina wet... no women wants to live with a man and his mom (EVER) not unless the mom is elderly and cannot take care of her self and you own the place.

This is bigger then mom I am better then this and everything around me .. I work hard and get what i want. Its either SSCC 14 dollar an hour job, or navy and i dang sure am not having one of these little fast mouthed Sargent yelling and spitting in my face cause i will punch the hell out of them the moment they are in my personal space. I will get mine

NO ONE CAN HAVE what i got and thats the story of my life.

I'm stuck in this sad little town and their is not a dang thing here for me.... I need to be on a big land on my own property where what i say goes. I can purchase a bunch of Ford trucks dirt cheap then turn em back out for a higher value. If this mechanic school goes well i will take auto body and make a shop right off the lot of my home.

Staying in moms place won't do any of that.....

One of my friends just passed away last night cause he burnt his bridges and he did not know anything but drinking all the time... his women put him out the house... he kept showing back up she kept calling police on him.. his dad turned his back on him cause he would not stop that drinking and get a job...

His dad kicked his butt when he was starting crap and thru him into a wall.. of his million dollar house.

After that he kept sticking under my other homie and he got tired of it too... you tell him no to do something he goes and does it anyway all for some dag gum drink.

my friend had to knock the fool out of him too

Anyway to make it short... He lost his mind last night or so he must of picked out a bottle of vodka and chugged all down...

this morning the coruner was over here and police where running in and up back to his gf's house which is also the mother of his kid.

Moral of the story is, I DON'T EVER WANT TO BE HIM or those type of people. I got to much skills and talent to be wasting in my moms house all cause she is trying to suck my life down the drain have not lived with her since i was a child 11 years later i move here for jobs and my life has been CRAP ever since.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:51 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I'm sorry to hear your misfortune but just because i live in my mothers home doesn't mean i won't get a girlfriend. I could really care less honestly, life isn't just about getting in with the girls. Trust me, i am in a good spot right now. I can save my money, and when i am ready i can move out and into my own place and do as i please. yes i have thought about leaving before and almost even got a quote on renting a house but once i took a step back and looked at what i have versus what i will have it made more sense to stay home. I was getting an average of 700-500 dollar checks from my work. Paid minimum wage. I wouldn't have been able to afford bills and food. Now, i get $50 every 2 weeks. Leaving isn't an option. You may not like your mom but i like mine. I don't have any issues here and i get to help out with my little brother and sister or help fixing our vehicles or whatever.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:27 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
I'm sorry to hear your misfortune but just because i live in my mothers home doesn't mean i won't get a girlfriend. I could really care less honestly, life isn't just about getting in with the girls. Trust me, i am in a good spot right now. I can save my money, and when i am ready i can move out and into my own place and do as i please. yes i have thought about leaving before and almost even got a quote on renting a house but once i took a step back and looked at what i have versus what i will have it made more sense to stay home. I was getting an average of 700-500 dollar checks from my work. Paid minimum wage. I wouldn't have been able to afford bills and food. Now, i get $50 every 2 weeks. Leaving isn't an option. You may not like your mom but i like mine. I don't have any issues here and i get to help out with my little brother and sister or help fixing our vehicles or whatever.

Non of the stuff is ment to be taken offensive but in order to complete my master plan for life (MOM) must not be in the picture at all. I want a child and a family, That is why i am slugging my self to get the hell out of this place.

I would not care if i had a little old dinky 475 SFT apartment long as i am not around none of these people i am doing just fine.

I also choose not to accept SSI income after i get a good enough job I don't want their money because what they applying it for is basically nothing....

I have adhd and cannot sleep. Why should a person be paid to sleep?

I respect my self enough to not be someones horse jocky, This whole place is below my standards.

Problem 1) No women (which means no love)

Problem 2)bad neighbors who whine about everything.

Problem 3) I cannot work on my truck when it needs it i have to take it off the lot (Or ask for permission) like some kinda child, I am no child i do it where i want when i want and clean up my own messes.

Problem 4) Cannot wash my truck on the parking lot (what kind of crap is that) I am going to clean my truck. Just like everybody else.

Problem 5) It is a ugly old depressing place to live in with lack of light unless you live on top floor.

Washington is a depressing state due to rain, So living in a dark home that has poorly designed lighting plan is even worse.

At least in a trailer park i can have my hood open cause i would own the house just not the lot.

Being Half African American means i have to outshine everybody around me...
Just how Asians in Asia have to have good grades, excel at everything they do, and live up to standards that are WAYYYYY higher then americans.

We have loss of culture and running around with prego 14 year old daughters and stuff WTH is wrong with America. I am raising my kids old school. I WILL BEAT THAT (ASH KETCHEM) If you come home with bad grades, Scare the Crap out of my daughters bf by keeping my shot gun in plain site, and teach my son what it is like to respect a women.

ME= OLD AMERICA

TODAYS AMERICA= BELOW MY STANDARDS

Old 05-13-2012, 03:38 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ok but you still have to abide by rules. You CANNOT work on your vehicle where ever and when ever you want. You start wrenching at 12am at night when people are asleep and start using pneumatic tool such as an air ratchet and impact gun you WILL have the cops visiting you. You also can't be working on your vehicle in most apartment complexes unless it is small stuff liked change of oil or small tune ups. If you are pulling a motor and swapping one in or doing a rear axle the apartment manager will probably ask you to do it else where.

I generally take thinks in stride so no hard feelings either way. I too am tired of the way the country is run there are things i don't like and laws i would rather not be in effect but as one person i can't do squat to change it. I can be like these people who go and protest about something or other and not even know what i am there for. Or i can move to a different country till i find one with a government i like. Either way i won't be as "free" as we all imagine.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:47 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Ok but you still have to abide by rules. You CANNOT work on your vehicle where ever and when ever you want. You start wrenching at 12am at night when people are asleep and start using pneumatic tool such as an air ratchet and impact gun you WILL have the cops visiting you. You also can't be working on your vehicle in most apartment complexes unless it is small stuff liked change of oil or small tune ups. If you are pulling a motor and swapping one in or doing a rear axle the apartment manager will probably ask you to do it else where.

I generally take thinks in stride so no hard feelings either way. I too am tired of the way the country is run there are things i don't like and laws i would rather not be in effect but as one person i can't do squat to change it. I can be like these people who go and protest about something or other and not even know what i am there for. Or i can move to a different country till i find one with a government i like. Either way i won't be as "free" as we all imagine.

Heres the kick in the face, They complain about basic maintenance MEAN WHILE i have neighbors who's cars SPEW oil all across the lot because they cannot afford getting them fixed. They do not know jack crap about basic maintenance and my Mexican friend Fransisco is always asking me to help him fix this car so he can sell it i told him Don't buy a car if you do not know how to check the oil and transmission fluid.

IT IS SAD... he is so mentally retarded in the area of mechanics he said he needed motor oil, and he said o wait... here is some motor oil
Guess what it was?

POWER STEERING FLUID T_T

his oil is overfull by 1Qrt and his oil is black Its like a watered down soup.

he never has changed his oil since he had the car, and i told him man that could be all that's wrong with the car. It needs a tune up badly

I concider Freedom to be (EQUALITY) now because freedom is dead amongst all america.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
I'd say its "official "...

Old 05-13-2012, 05:14 PM
finneys98xj
Senior User
You can make your own electric motor out of an old starter. Do a little research on homemade electric go carts. I have seen some that are capible of running 70 on a homemade starter motor.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:27 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Your friend is similar to mine, knows nothing about how his own car works BUT he knows where oil goes for the most part. I don't know so much if he could change it but i'm sure after a while he would figure it out. Plus his parents know enough to survive.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Caleb1
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Amen brotha! Im stayin at home at least another yar till i transfer to a 4 year college...ill be able to save up more money by payin cheaper rent and getting less in student loans....besides im really close to my 8 year old bro and and my dog tammy.

Besides...any girl that dont understand those values aint the type of girl I wanna be with.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:27 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Caleb1
Amen brotha! Im stayin at home at least another yar till i transfer to a 4 year college...ill be able to save up more money by payin cheaper rent and getting less in student loans....besides im really close to my 8 year old bro and and my dog tammy.

Besides...any girl that dont understand those values aint the type of girl I wanna be with.
Bingo. My rent would be about $100 here. Plus home cooked meals and if i need help on something my parents can help. PLUS our 2 dogs Mitzi and Sparky. I plan to get a dog or 2 when i get my own place but for now these little dummies are fine.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:27 AM
chamblizi
Senior User
Your friend is similar to mine, knows nothing about how his own car works BUT he knows where oil goes for the most part. I don't know so much if he could change it but i'm sure after a while he would figure it out. Plus his parents know enough to survive.

i found some cheap mopeds recently finally people are not charging 500 dollars i found a old school ped for like 200 bucks one for 60 and man i think the honda one is worth it could be repainted sanded down all that good old stuff..

Old 05-14-2012, 11:32 AM
chamblizi
Senior User
Originally Posted by Caleb1

like i said before 20% white 80% African American We have to work harder for something achievable in this place called america. I know some dumb women who hound us for not having a job or not living on our own when they do not even work and they dang sure still in there moms house...

The chances of finding a good chick is slim to none like i said before, If she is a money grabber i sense it quick. But if she got more then me then yep well thats just the way it goes.. I am not looking to have someone carry me because i am not dead weight.