Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

Riff Raff tech day(s), Sydney Australia

Old 04-01-2012, 05:20 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Riff Raff tech day(s), Sydney Australia

I can't speak highly enough of the event. It was the 2nd GTG of the Australia Chapter hosted at our moderator's house. Clay, wife, and Jamie came over from the US to be with us.
It was also great to make re-acquaintances with the GTG folk from last year, Bryan and Lyn, Rod, Artie. Also to meet Geoff from Qld.

Saturday saw gauge sensors and a DP Tuner go into Arty's truck. While this was on Geoff was putting in stage 2 injectors, a DP tuner with 9 tunes, and a 38R turbo.
Geoff's truck was up and running by the evening, and pulling enough horsepower and boost to keep Geoff's undivided attention.

Between this Brian and Clay fitted up the JW Valve body to my truck. Later Brian and I serviced one of the front hubs.

The catering was fantastic, thanks ladies, and we kept busy enough so that Brian did not have to put on the dreaded 'entertainment'.

Sunday saw Brian and Simon do the other hub while Clay did some road tests of the DP tuners.

What a great and diverse bunch of people we are. I am truly grateful to have made everyone's acquaintance. Brian is a commensurate and generous host.

I learnt heaps and have lots of questions, enough to fill numerous future threads.

Thanks to everyone that came and made this a truly memorable w/e. When's the next one?

A couple of pics:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1077641...CJvkwJ68_deeTA

Old 04-01-2012, 07:12 AM
Nkelly
Farkall User

We still here drinking and talking **** teaching clay,kristen and jamie some bad aussie language..

Old 04-01-2012, 10:20 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great job, folks. Congratulations on the successful meet!

Old 04-02-2012, 03:46 AM
Ratkat
Senior User
Was an awsome weekend meeting some great people. I had to take half the day off today to go for a drive in my truck . I left Brians house at 8.40 am and was home in Marburg QLD at 7.20pm. On the same tank of fuel. She averaged 13.2 L per 100 k's which I was very impressed with, considering how much power the truck has now, and the throttle pumping that was going on . I would like to thank Brian again for his hospitality and also Clay and Jamie for all their help with my truck. If they come back again you would be mad not to take advantage of the opportunity of their wealth of knowledge on these trucks. I will report back in May when I finish my new 36ft 5th wheeler and get it out on the road. Thanks again

Old 04-02-2012, 05:02 AM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by Ratkat
Was an awsome weekend meeting some great people. I had to take half the day off today to go for a drive in my truck . I left Brians house at 8.40 am and was home in Marburg QLD at 7.20pm. On the same tank of fuel. She averaged 13.2 L per 100 k's which I was very impressed with, considering how much power the truck has now, and the throttle pumping that was going on . I would like to thank Brian again for his hospitality and also Clay and Jamie for all their help with my truck. If they come back again you would be mad not to take advantage of the opportunity of their wealth of knowledge on these trucks. I will report back in May when I finish my new 36ft 5th wheeler and get it out on the road. Thanks again
Ummmm *cough* i did a bit aswell

I had a bit of a sip of the home brew last night,very nice,i think clay liked it toooooooooo Just joking
It was great too meet you geoff..

I had a blast on the weekend,thanks too brian and me me for doing what they did,was fantastic..

Was also a great delight too meet Clay and his wife Kristen ( ice T ) and jamie they were just absolute top knotch people,an absolute pleasure now too have them as freinds ..

Bring on the next..

Old 04-02-2012, 06:38 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
I know between catering for us hungry wrenchers, Kristina was also taking a few pictures. C'mon Brian, have you loaded Kristina's pictures yet? I'd love to see them.

Geoff, 13.2 l/100k is awesome. I'm lucky to average 15 and I drive like a granny. I'll have to get me a 38R, stage 2 injectors, FXR, and a 9 tune DP tuner, hopefully before the next GTG !

Old 04-02-2012, 08:38 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

What Clay and Kristen did is a reflection of their dedication to customer service. Its nice to know that they appreciate the business that they receive form us schmucks all the way over here.
To meet them and Jamie in person and spend some personal time together was a privilege and a memory that I will keep to the day I die.
And it goes without saying that I enjoyed catching up with all the members of the Australian Chapter. Who would of thought that buying a truck would evolve into this.
A big thanks to Geoff (Ratkat) for making the effort to come all the way from QLD to spend the weekend with us. Thank you to Bryan and Lyn for all the help as well.
The friendship I have with all of you is something that I will keep close to my heart.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

I was thinking the same brian driving home,if i had bought the V8 landcruiser tray and not the Ftruck,i would have not met all you Ftruck lunatics and Clay,Kristen and jamie from way over there.

Unreal.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
I am very glad to hear you are liking the results. I am sure the mileage will get even better as your right foot eases up a bit as well.

Interested to see some more pics of your trailer as well.

BTW - Your brew was some of the best I have tried. In fact I did my part to finish off what you left behind. Whatever you are doing, your doing it right

Originally Posted by Nkelly
Ummmm *cough* i did a bit aswell

I had a bit of a sip of the home brew last night,very nice,i think clay liked it toooooooooo Just joking
It was great too meet you geoff..

I had a blast on the weekend,thanks too brian and me me for doing what they did,was fantastic..

Was also a great delight too meet Clay and his wife Kristen ( ice T ) and jamie they were just absolute top knotch people,an absolute pleasure now too have them as freinds ..

Bring on the next..
So when are we planning the next one?

Originally Posted by SSSimon
I know between catering for us hungry wrenchers, Kristina was also taking a few pictures. C'mon Brian, have you loaded Kristina's pictures yet? I'd love to see them.

Geoff, 13.2 l/100k is awesome. I'm lucky to average 15 and I drive like a granny. I'll have to get me a 38R, stage 2 injectors, FXR, and a 9 tune DP tuner, hopefully before the next GTG !
I am setting up an account on Photobucket so everyone can upload their pics and share them. I will post the login and password shortly for you.

Simon, looking forward to seeing how your truck runs with the new set up.

Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder
What Clay and Kristen did is a reflection of their dedication to customer service. Its nice to know that they appreciate the business that they receive form us schmucks all the way over here.
To meet them and Jamie in person and spend some personal time together was a privilege and a memory that I will keep to the day I die.
And it goes without saying that I enjoyed catching up with all the members of the Australian Chapter. Who would of thought that buying a truck would evolve into this.
A big thanks to Geoff (Ratkat) for making the effort to come all the way from QLD to spend the weekend with us. Thank you to Bryan and Lyn for all the help as well.
The friendship I have with all of you is something that I will keep close to my heart.
I never would have thought that these trucks would take us around the would and allow us to meet such wonderful people. Brian and Christina couldn't have made us feel more welcomed or at home.

Amazing people, damn good food, and great beer. What more could you ask for except maybe less than a 15 hour flight to paradise

I was thinking the same brian driving home,if i had bought the V8 landcruiser tray and not the Ftruck,i would have not met all you Ftruck lunatics and Clay,Kristen and jamie from way over there.

Unreal.
Its a black hole like force Ice cube, and it only gets worse from here

Old 04-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

I know Mr ice T I'm going end for end too the abyss.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
I know Mr ice T I'm going end for end too the abyss.
You better take care of latching that ball and chain on permanent before she takes you out into the bush and leaves you there

Old 04-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance
You better take care of latching that ball and chain on permanent before she takes you out into the bush and leaves you there
I blame you for that Mr ice T..

Can't wait for the next purchase.
"Wack" see wot you have done

Old 04-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Ratkat
Senior User
Clay the only complaint from my truck is I am having epilectic fits from the engine light!!! it is coming on and off like a strobe light . Put me down for an ORC when they come back into stock. Next time I will bring 5 liters of bourbon that sould be enough to get a few 2 stepping .

Old 04-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Clay the only complaint from my truck is I am having epilectic fits from the engine light!!! it is coming on and off like a strobe light . Put me down for an ORC when they come back into stock. Next time I will bring 5 liters of bourbon that sould be enough to get a few 2 stepping .
Clay took a photo of how I mounted the OCR on my truck its gunna be on his site in the "Bryan's way " section.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Here is the photobucket link:

Login to a private Photobucket.com album

PM me for the password to view and upload your pics.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Riff Raff tech day(s), Sydney Australia