POR-15 used on exterior & interior of exhaust tail pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Frenchy
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
POR-15 used on exterior & interior of exhaust tail pipes?

I've just finished reading POR-15's product discription and application sheet and the manufactures of POR-15 have said that POR-15 can be used to protect the interior & exterior of exhaust tail pipes? It this true? Has anyone else read this? I'd like to know if anyone has already tried this on their exhaust tail pipes and weither or not it would be an advantage in protecting your tail pipes from rusting out? I'm not sure what the heat tolerences are for POR-15, but wo'nt the heat alone cause the product to fail? I live in an area where the salt is extremely bad in the winter,and if anyone else has tried POR-15 on their exhaust tail pipes and noticed a difference then I might be willing to try it myself. Thanks!

Old 06-05-2012, 02:01 AM
rbalsinger
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Frenchy
I've just finished reading POR-15's product discription and application sheet and the manufactures of POR-15 have said that POR-15 can be used to protect the interior & exterior of exhaust tail pipes? It this true? Has anyone else read this? I'd like to know if anyone has already tried this on their exhaust tail pipes and weither or not it would be an advantage in protecting your tail pipes from rusting out? I'm not sure what the heat tolerences are for POR-15, but wo'nt the heat alone cause the product to fail? I live in an area where the salt is extremely bad in the winter,and if anyone else has tried POR-15 on their exhaust tail pipes and noticed a difference then I might be willing to try it myself. Thanks!

Regular Por15 will not withstand exhaust heat.

They do make 3 heat resistant products that are good up to 1400F.

Rob
Lewis Center OH