Sponsored by:

Any interest here in my Bronco?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any interest here in my Bronco?

Well, I have come to that time when I might be selling my 1990 XLT. Let me tell you a little about it. First of all it is loaded with all (I think) XLT options. It has the heavy duty cooling and heavy duty dual front shock suspension. I changed the auto hubs to manual and it has a manual transfer case. It has all the toys, A/C, pw, pdl, tilt, cruise, etc. Now, please note that ALL THINGS ON THIS TRUCK WORK as they should. And also that it has ABSOLUTELY NO RUST. I have owned it for the past eleven years and it has not been off roaded or anything like that, I just use the 4WD for snow and ice and mild backwoods trails. No jumping or rock crawling! As far as driving, it goes straight down the road and rides smoothly and hardly has any squeaks, rattles, or wind noise. It LEAKS NOTHING and is parked on a white driveway, so I'd know of even the smallest leak. The ashtray and lighter have never been used. All of the gauges work properly. The 351 engine idles so smoothly that sometimes I think it's off. The auto trans shifts fine, does not leak, and the fluid is pink. No check engine light, ABS light, or any other warning lights come on except when starting the truck, as they should.

Now, here is a PARTIAL list of new parts and repairs and upgrades that I have done to the truck, I won't remember them all but this list should give you a good idea. Most here was done within the past 50K and most of the major parts (brakes, shocks, A/C etc. were done within the past 10K).

- Slammin' stereo with two amplifiers, satellite, USB, iPod port, etc
- New Michelin 32" X11.50" X15" tires on new custom wheels (Alcoa type)
- The spare tire is the same as the others so it's 5 new wheels and tires. It is mounted inside.
- new A/C system with brand new factory Ford parts (not rebuilt crap)
- new power window motors in both doors and in rear window
- new intake manifold gasket
- new thermostat (192 degree)
- new power door lock actuators
- new heavy duty radiator
- new all hoses that carry coolant, even the one that's part metal that goes on top of the radiator (Ford factory part), all new clamps on them too
- new coolant recovery tank/washer fluid tank
- new water pump
- new timing chain and gears (replaced while water pump was off, was not broken)
- new power steering pump
- new 160 amp alternator
- new high torque mini-starter
- new oil pan gasket
- new high volume oil pump (replaced when oil pan was off, not broken)
- new rear main seal (replaced when oil pan was off, was not leaking)
- all six new factory Ford shocks, purchased from Ford dealer
- COMPLETELY new brakes - includes new drums and rotors, new shoes and ceramic pads, new ALL parts that go in the brakes; ie. every single spring and pin etc. for the drums, new calipers, slides and hoses on the discs, new master cylinder, brake fluid flushed and replaced with all new sythetic Dot 4 fluid, NEW ABS VALVE
- new rebuilt driveshaft
- no worn parts in front end, has been inspected multiple times
- DynaMat Xtreme throughout much of the truck
- new Sylvania most expensive headlight bulbs
- new best quality wiper blades
- headlights refinished and coated, not yellowed etc.
- new floor mats
- app. 3,000 miles since last tune -up (plugs, cap, rotor, fuel filter, clean throttle body which was actually very clean anyway, and I have new wires in the box that weren't really needed so I didn't install them).
- Various other little parts like sending units and emissions stuff
- All fluids replaced on schedule. Oil/Motorcraft filter just changed last month.
- I have extra parts for the truck including brand new, in the box, never installed genuine sheepskins for the bucket seats (over $100 for those) as well as an alarm/remote lock/remote start system new in the box (over $100 for that too).
- no water leaks into the interior of the truck. It's very tight. Some rubber seals have been replaced.
- did I say NO RUST???
- More that I forgot to put on here!

The truck has app. 152,000 original miles. The original owner was a lady who owned it until around 80K and kept it in a garage. Then a man bought it to tow his boat and had it for only 9K and then I bought it at 89K. I have maintained it perfectly and always fixed any tiny thing that broke, hence it needs nothing except a better paint job. The paint is still shiny on the sides but the hood and roof paint is shot. But all you really need to do to "restore" this truck is to paint it. Or it would make a killer base for an off road monster as you won't need to do any repairs. You can start on the lift etc. right away!

If I decide to sell it I'm asking $2,850. It's worth that in wheels, tires, and stereo alone. You can see pictures of it in my gallery that were taken a few years ago, it looks about the same except the paint on the hood and roof, and of course the new wheels and tires. Also the head unit on the stereo is different. If anyone is genuinely interested you can contact me here and I'll send more recent pictures. You can come here and drive the truck home anywhere, I'd go across country in this Bronco without a second thought. You can pay me with cash or PayPal if you cover the fee. A check is ok but the truck's not going anywhere until the check clears and I have the cash.

Thank you for reading, and thank you, if I decide to sell, for the support over eleven years of owning my Bronco! Otherwise thank you for your continued support!

Old 05-01-2012, 08:22 PM
njneer1
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be interested.....but I am on the wrong side of the country....

Old 05-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
You will regret selling it... I would say keep it.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:09 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, it has been my daily driver for eleven years and I want something newer. Unlike many of you, the Bronco IS my driver. It's not a hobby or project or just for fun vehicle. The money I can get from selling it will make a nice down payment on something newer. You can see that my price is fair. It's time.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
My Bronco is my DD also, of course I can relate to you about wanting something newer (but I would only do that when I'm able to keep the Bronco), but I also know how most of the Bronco owners feel after selling them. If you definitely need the money, then do it, and yes, the price is ok.