New shock and stering stab - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

New shock and stering stab

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New shock and stering stab

Old 05-04-2012, 03:14 PM
2000silverbullet
2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ApriliaHauler View Post
I just got the same parts in yesterday. I was going to put the double kit in but was under the impression that was not possible unless you had at least a 2.5 level. I think EpicCowlick mentioned that his his video of the Rancho 9000 install. Can anyone confirm this? I would rather have the double but I cant do a level because of the garage.
From what I've seen, it seems to be application specific whether the double stab setup works with a factory setup. It works for some but not others. My truck is stock but will be doing a leveling kit at some point, so I opted to just replace the OEM stabilizer with a Bilstein 7100. Huge improvement over stock to say the least.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Michael53
Senior User
Michael53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I can verify that the Rancho dual steering stabilizer does not work with a stock height F250 CC Short bed. I installed only to find out that compression of the suspension allows interference with the pan I believe- but forget specifically what would hit. This would then cause the dual mount to rub against the steering arm causing drag.

Mike

Old 05-04-2012, 04:06 PM
doublenot7
Senior User
doublenot7 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.doublenot7 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I was told at 4 Wheel Parts when I ordered the stabilizer that the dual-kit would fit my standard height but it would require some cutting(?), I lost interest about that time so I have no more details.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:10 PM
SavageNFS
Post Fiend
SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
Don't do it unless you have a leveling kit. Suspension will hit the stabilizer bracket at compression for sure. A single Rancho or Bilstein will do just fine unless you are really running the truck off road a lot. I am off road frequently and use the Bilstein 7100 and it does awesome. Not ok, awesome.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:26 PM
ApriliaHauler
New User
ApriliaHauler is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the replies, I'll just stick to the single. Im headed out to put everything on right now. Can't wait to see the difference.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:28 PM
SavageNFS
Post Fiend
SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
Good luck and enjoy wrenching on your truck!

Old 05-05-2012, 05:39 PM
doublenot7
Senior User
doublenot7 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.doublenot7 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That was the advice I received also, stick with the single unless you will be off road alot or running 33's on the truck.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:23 PM
wiingnut
Posting Guru
wiingnut is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I pulled the trigger as well for a set of 4 9000xl's and a steering damper. I was originally dead set on only purchasing the Bilsteins, but after talking to many people I was assured the REAL Rancho's were as good as the Bilstein's. I say real because the ones I'm replacing were the Ford OEM Rancho's. I will also admit the price was very right with the $100 rebate and Rancho is manufactured by Tenneco, which is 10 minutes from the house. It's always nice to support the local boys

Old 05-06-2012, 08:01 AM
porthole
Posting Guru
porthole has a great reputation on FTE.porthole has a great reputation on FTE.porthole has a great reputation on FTE.porthole has a great reputation on FTE.porthole has a great reputation on FTE.
I'm having trouble finding rancho part numbers that match application and then match Amazon's listing. I wrote ranch last week for correct numbers for shocks and stabilizers. No answers yet.

Also inquired about the rebate being applied to 2 new shocks and the 2 new ranchos that came in my Tech R kit.