Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

May Missouri Chapter Chat/BS/General Nonsense thread...all are welcome...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:42 PM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks Alan, I did find 2 yellow wires that were clipped right next to a harness.

Alan, at least this is getting my wires cleaned up! Lol. Im going through them all and redoing them, and zip tying them up.

Now if I can get the alternator out of the way before I go to work tomorrow night, ill count this 6 days off a success!

Then im off to tackle the power steering......following your list! Lol!

Old 05-01-2012, 09:09 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Lol, Jeff. You'll be tooling around in no time. Getting it to run was the big hurdle. It's all down hill from here.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:13 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grems4ever
...even if I have to convert the van to 4wd.
This sounds like a job for...well, us!

Old 05-01-2012, 10:27 PM
pintoches
Postmaster
Sold the 9in tonight! Going to try and get up to Alan's on friday night to by his 9in! Could have the Bronco back on the road this weekend!

Old 05-01-2012, 10:45 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you get carried away Alan, let me know and I can take pitcures of my charging system and post them. I had really good inetentions of of doing some more work on Ka'Bluey today. But not near as much as I had visioned. Tomorrow is another day, but I did get into Springfield and bought soem more filler, and a new disc for my D/A sander.

Unk Bob

Old 05-01-2012, 11:03 PM
pintoches
Postmaster
Taking a road trip on Friday! Should I take the Jeep, or One of my Customer's has offered up his 05ish Corvette? Going down hwy 7 in Arkansas would be a very fun road in a 6speed sports car!

Old 05-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Tomboner
New User
Alan you do exhaust?... My bronco has been begging me to have duals

Old 05-02-2012, 04:32 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Happy Hump Day Missouri

Old 05-02-2012, 06:07 AM
pintoches
Postmaster
I hate going in and opening the store, but love when I get off at 4pm! se you all later!

Old 05-02-2012, 06:22 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Up and somewhat accounted for. Waiting on two different phone calls from two different buddies. #1. I go fishing, and I'm more than ready for a boat ride, and pull some fishy's head off setting a good hook. #2.Another buddy just had his righ rotator cuff worked on/surgary, everything was torn. He can't drive for 6 more weeks, and last night had the hi bid on an inclosed trailor, on e-pay. It's in Fenton Mo, south of St' Louis.....
But what I need to be doing, is what I probably won't be hear to do.... Work on Ka'Bluey, unless everything just falls apart.
First cup is going down nicely....

Unk Bob

Old 05-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by pintoches
Taking a road trip on Friday! Should I take the Jeep, or One of my Customer's has offered up his 05ish Corvette? Going down hwy 7 in Arkansas would be a very fun road in a 6speed sports car!
Ches - for what it's worth, I would take the Jeep. Taking a customer's car, especially a 'Vette on a road trip out of state is just asking for trouble. If anything should go wrong, you would not only be liable for the repairs but you could compromise the relationship with your customer. Something simple as a speeding ticket gets tricky when you are driving someone else's car whose insurance might not cover you.

In a nutshell - do you have the money to replace his 'Vette should anything happen?

Old 05-02-2012, 07:36 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Good Morning Everybody!

Bob, at least you got the holes filled from the visor yesterday. I went to use my welder after you left and I know why you were having trouble. I don't ever have my welder set that low unless I'm trying to fill a 1" hole in a soda can. Holler if'n ya' need a hand with something today.

Tom, Yup, I do exhaust too. I won't be as cheap as some of the muffler shops, but the pipes will be nicer. (with no kinks) Here's a set of tail pipes I did on a '69 Camaro.

Before...

After...

Old 05-02-2012, 08:41 AM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Alan, your pipe layout looks so much better than what was stuck on there before.

We got the bumper fit to the GTX last night and tonight should have the grille installed and the passenger door glass regulator installed and adjusted. The body shop he paid to do the work initially had it all screwed up and he paid them 8 grand to do such crappy work. Hopefully once he gets the mechanical bugs worked out fo it, me and Parrish can have it for a week to fix all the nicks in the door openings from the prior shop not even aligning the doors right. We also need to pull the hood and trunk to repaint and clear the undersides. No wonder people like me and Alan stay booked. Being picky does count in work like this and I know I'm nowhere near as good as several local guys.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:47 AM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
For you coffee guys, I work nights and my squad meets most nights at Classic Rock Coffee on Kansas expressway and sunset (behind gas station) , and im tellin ya for coffee, that place rocks (no pun intended) 2 bucks and all the house coffee you can drink. My favorite is Back in Black, 3 cups of that and 1 cup of After Midnight, and its smooth sailing for me till I get off at 0700! They sell the coffee you can make at the house too. I had 6 days off and miss the stuff, so I may go that route too! This isnt a commercial and I dont own the place, but I wouldnt mind owning one!

Just an idea for those in town if your near. Jeff

Old 05-02-2012, 09:29 AM
pintoches
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Grems4ever
Ches - for what it's worth, I would take the Jeep. Taking a customer's car, especially a 'Vette on a road trip out of state is just asking for trouble. If anything should go wrong, you would not only be liable for the repairs but you could compromise the relationship with your customer. Something simple as a speeding ticket gets tricky when you are driving someone else's car whose insurance might not cover you.

In a nutshell - do you have the money to replace his 'Vette should anything happen?
Thats about what the smart side of me was thinking! now the other side............

Originally Posted by ubereal2
Up and somewhat accounted for. Waiting on two different phone calls from two different buddies. #1. I go fishing, and I'm more than ready for a boat ride, and pull some fishy's head off setting a good hook. #2.Another buddy just had his righ rotator cuff worked on/surgary, everything was torn. He can't drive for 6 more weeks, and last night had the hi bid on an inclosed trailor, on e-pay. It's in Fenton Mo, south of St' Louis.....
But what I need to be doing, is what I probably won't be hear to do.... Work on Ka'Bluey, unless everything just falls apart.
First cup is going down nicely....

Unk Bob
I worked at the Fenton store a few times when I was living in STL!
Speaking of work I'm out on sales calls right now! Not sure how I ended up in my easy chair by my PC at home.

Quick Reply: May Missouri Chapter Chat/BS/General Nonsense thread...all are welcome...