Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door A Jar light

Old 04-29-2012, 03:48 PM
ExcursionLuver
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door A Jar light

This is my first post in this forum so I hope I'm in the right place.I own a 2002 excursion and my dash light for door ajar stays on, I pulled all of the contacts off the rear doors and hatch and found that there are no electric hook up to what I thought would be the contacts i needed to be looking at. So does anyon know what relays the signal to my dash that the doors are in fact closed? Thanks for anyones help in advance. Xluver

Old 04-29-2012, 04:31 PM
TXtinct
You'll shoot your eye out

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Make sure nothing is pushing against the back doors, that sometimes sets my light off. Not sure on the relays and all that jazz. I'm sure someone will be along that knows.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:40 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by ExcursionLuver
This is my first post in this forum so I hope I'm in the right place.I own a 2002 excursion and my dash light for door ajar stays on, I pulled all of the contacts off the rear doors and hatch and found that there are no electric hook up to what I thought would be the contacts i needed to be looking at. So does anyon know what relays the signal to my dash that the doors are in fact closed? Thanks for anyones help in advance. Xluver
All the switches are located within the door locks themselves and it is a common problem with the Super duties. A lot have solved this by spraying WD-40 into the door latches, then open and close the doors several times until you find the problem one, and don't forget the hatch one, if you still can't get it to turn off.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:44 PM
ExcursionLuver
New User
Unhappy Nothing in the back

This happens when I know that all doors are are shut fully and nothing pressing against the doors. But sometimes the door a jar light will be on and other times be of?? Weird but I just do not know where or what controls the light to come on. Any help wwould be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I can not be the first to have this problem. Thanks for any help

Old 04-29-2012, 04:53 PM
ExcursionLuver
New User
I'll Give it a try

Thanks for the info that they are controled from the door locks, when it first started it did seem to be in wet weather, any more input would be appreciated as my light stays on more often than not and it has been pretty dry for the last several days here. Thanks

Old 04-29-2012, 04:56 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

This happens when I know that all doors are are shut fully and nothing pressing against the doors. But sometimes the door a jar light will be on and other times be of?? Weird but I just do not know where or what controls the light to come on. Any help wwould be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I can not be the first to have this problem. Thanks for any help
Just spray the WD40 in the side latch here....

Old 04-29-2012, 05:23 PM
ExcursionLuver
New User
Will do

I will do as soon as I get it back from my father, borrowed my truck and car hauler today. I'm guessing that I should do this when the light on my dash is on ,one door at a time untill I find the problem child? When I do does that latch need to be replaced or does that usually fix the problem all together? Thanks again.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:18 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

I will do as soon as I get it back from my father, borrowed my truck and car hauler today. I'm guessing that I should do this when the light on my dash is on ,one door at a time untill I find the problem child? When I do does that latch need to be replaced or does that usually fix the problem all together? Thanks again.
It's usually a quick fix that could come back, or it will last for a while, if it turns into a consistent occurrence, then the switch can be replaced, it's attached to the door lock actuator.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:37 PM
ExcursionLuver
New User
No Luck

Ok so I went through each door one at a time including the rear hatch and could not get the light to go off, so I will have to deal with it later I just got bad news that my grandmother had a stroke so I will be setting quick sail in the AM to get to Flordia. Thanks for your help and I will get back to you guys maybe a long trip will get my rig straightend out. Hope my Passport detector works perfect tomorrow.God Bless Mike

Old 04-29-2012, 09:03 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Mike, thoughts and prayers for you and your family and hope a full recovery for your grandmother!

Old 04-29-2012, 10:11 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok so I went through each door one at a time including the rear hatch and could not get the light to go off, so I will have to deal with it later I just got bad news that my grandmother had a stroke so I will be setting quick sail in the AM to get to Flordia. Thanks for your help and I will get back to you guys maybe a long trip will get my rig straightend out. Hope my Passport detector works perfect tomorrow.God Bless Mike

Best of luck on your trip. Bring the can of W-40 or spray lube with you or pick one up when you fill up for fuel on the road. Spray the interior of the door latches, get that spray straw in there and spray the heck out of it, then dot it again. With the rear window hatch, do the same and just let it drip out for a bit. Mine did the same exact thing - sometimes a light, sometimes not. I would go around slaming all the doors, then one time the door ajar light and interior lights just stayed on. Sprayed the heck out of the interior of the rear window hatch lock, problem solved. Still happens once in a while, but that is why I leave the can of spray lube in the back.

It's a pretty common issue like stated above.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:02 AM
vtown00
Senior User
Let me know if you find what works, mine will not go off either.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:43 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The rear hatch can cause it all and slamming it can fix it. The spray disperses moisture in the latches and replaces it with oil.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:24 PM
JOB1963
Freshman User

Nice, my F350 started this just recently. This is a great web sight! Searching for the WD right now.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:45 PM
vtown00
Senior User
I've sprayed WD, Liquid Wrench, and DuPont sprays in all of my latches and the light remains, annoying.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Door A Jar light