Modular V10 (6.8l)  

Scangauge II

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
According to Mark K in this post you can run the 4R100 at 220F degrees all day and run 250F degrees a half and hour at a time. I can't seem to find the link for the TorqShift temps but I remember it being higher temps for longer times.

EDIT: This is the thread I was thinking about on the TorqShift. It's a bunch of information but I think temps were discussed somewhere!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:17 PM
scraprat
Lead Driver
Received 2,490 Likes on 1,301 Posts
Programmed the Scangauge with the transmission temp this morning. Put 700 mile on the truck today not towing anything and the trans temp stayed 158-161 degrees, and the coolant was 190 degrees it's nice to have that now and when towing it will put me at ease pulling the 5th wheel for 10 hr stretch.
I think I'll mount it to the right of the steering wheel just under the air vent, drill a hole in the dash and run the wire behind it for a clean mount.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:49 PM
scraprat
Lead Driver
Received 2,490 Likes on 1,301 Posts
Did a quick mount on the dash, drilled a hole and Velcroed it. Should have raised it an 1/2 inch but It does the job.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:39 PM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good post.... And yet another toy added to my Amazon.com wishlist. Then again, I might just get this w/o permission and take the beating.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Quad Racer
Cargo Master
Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts
Yeah I'm definately sneaking one of these bad boys. SHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Old 05-01-2012, 09:03 PM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Make sure that you guys check out the UltraGauge also. It is about half the price and many of the same features. I own the ScanguageII, but if I had a choice I would go with the Ultraguage this time, especially on the V10. (used to have diesels)

Old 05-01-2012, 11:08 PM
onug
Postmaster
Good post.... And yet another toy added to my Amazon.com wishlist. Then again, I might just get this w/o permission and take the beating.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:10 PM
onug
Postmaster
Stupid iPhone. Maybe a Mod can fix my time-warp double post.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Bbasso
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why only one?
lol

Old 05-02-2012, 06:10 AM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
Originally Posted by Bbasso
Why only one?
lol

Rob, is that your setup? Did you run a pigtail Y to run them both? Any conflicts? Do tell. Thanks

Old 05-02-2012, 06:12 AM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
Originally Posted by onug
Bad iPhone.... I know honey.... I wouldn't have ordered that without your permission..... at least we can use it to watch our gas mileage and it will work in both cars.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:34 AM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
If you guys want to really be geeky then you need to go this route: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ltragauge.html

Old 05-02-2012, 08:45 AM
onug
Postmaster
Originally Posted by TrdLtly
Make sure that you guys check out the UltraGauge also. It is about half the price and many of the same features. I own the ScanguageII, but if I had a choice I would go with the Ultraguage this time, especially on the V10. (used to have diesels)
That system looks a bit shady, at least online. I've never seen a company offer a mail-in rebate on a product they make and sell. That's just cheap. Their product might be great, but I won't be the first person to test it out.

As for the Bluetooth systems, you can't pair your phone to more than one at a time (at least from my experience). So this system would keep me from sync'n with the stereo. Lame "feature" of Bluetooth...

Old 05-02-2012, 09:37 AM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
That system looks a bit shady, at least online. I've never seen a company offer a mail-in rebate on a product they make and sell. That's just cheap. Their product might be great, but I won't be the first person to test it out.
Not sure what "product" you are talking about. It isn't the UltraGauge Automotive Information Center and OBDII Scan Tool as this one is tried and true.

As for the Bluetooth systems, you can't pair your phone to more than one at a time (at least from my experience). So this system would keep me from sync'n with the stereo. Lame "feature" of Bluetooth...
I don't think that I would try to run Torque on a phone. Most screens are going to be to small to enjoy. The second page of the previously mentioned thread shows a shot of what can be monitored on a tablet using Torque. There are a lot of other users other than on FTE that run these all the time and have been for a while with great success. Scangauge and Ultragauge are nice, but nothing compared to Torque. Someone really has to be a "geek" to really enjoy it otherwise they will just call it over kill.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Bbasso
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TrdLtly
Rob, is that your setup? Did you run a pigtail Y to run them both? Any conflicts? Do tell. Thanks
yes, mine, currently in use.
simple as could be. get another ethernet cable and use the second hole. not a single problem in over two years.

Quick Reply: Scangauge II