1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

the official OBS diesel off topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 06:04 PM
BuckHammer
Cargo Master

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Yup. The clutch is for taking off only. There was a time when I was driving an old Mack R model truck every day at the farm. Now, granted, it wasn't on roads or anything, it was just on old farm paths hauling hay around. Once I learned to shift without the clutch, life was so much easier. I'm out of practice, now, though, since it's been a couple of years, so I'm sure I can't make it as pretty as I did back then. It was also just a plain Jane five speed, so I'm sure that made it easier, too.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:07 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
On these Alcoas, when the clear coat starts to peel, a lot of guys take aircraft stripper to them and remove the clear coat altogether.Then you can polish them to a mirror finish (since they're bare aluminum). After that you either wax them (works well in areas where they don't use salt on the roads) or have them re-clear coated. They look really nice after some time with a polisher and some Mothers mag polish!

Nice, NICE truck Glenn! Well done indeed! That thing is going to look amazing pulling that big house down the road. Get those mods and that JW trans in that thing and it will run like a scalded dog too! I'm jealous and I'm not generally a fan of duallies! I agree though, if you're going to have a 2wd dually and use it to tow a 5'er, leave the steps for the wifey, remove the back bumper in favor of a rocker panel painted to match the truck, find a front valance to put on it and add all your go fast goodies under the hood. It will be a towing machine!!

Something like this:

I like your paint scheme better though...

And yeah, I wish I could pack up and leave to come get that cap (topper, camper shell, whatever you want to call it) right now. That drive would be enough to cost me more than a new one would though! I have been looking for a good one to put on my truck for when we go camping. It really makes it nice to be able to put everything in the truck and not worry about it getting wet or flying away while we're going down the road.
That is one bada$$ truck!! Those running boards I could deal with. That's the look with the roll pan I was getting at Glenn. I really like the hood, grill, and bumper combo on this truck too. That is just one sweet looking truck from one end to the other!

Old 11-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Awitte58
ROFL
Nate gotcha there...

Very nice Truck Glenn!!!
Im leaving at 11:30 Central for Lakewood Colorado to go pickup MY NEW BEAST!
Im in the same seat as you Glenn...except I have less goodies to swap and I dont rely on my truck to move my home!

I sure am excited... never had money to do projects and buy/sell vehicles as I please. I cant even decide what I want to do... swap goodies and keep the CC with almost 75k more miles than my current... or just clean er up...flush all fluids and sell it for a profit then start looking for another... lol

Decisions. Glenn if you're only an hour or two from Colorado (which I know is impossible you should come on up!) lol
You'd be nuts to sell a sonic blue PSD.

I'd buy it from you in a heartbeat if you were selling it.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:15 PM
stainlessstroker95
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there were some guys wondering earlyer in this thread including me, if clay sells block heater cords. I found out today he does not sell them.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:03 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Thanks Jose.

Bill, I'm going to concentrate on pulling power before I change the exterior, but you already knew that! LOL Heck, I can't even think of where to put that can of pee, good one Rich. Its fiberglass and I didn't want to try it today but I don't like it. It has one of those duraliners in the bed, that's a piece of junk. I think I'll get it rino (sp) coated before putting in the bed rails for the hitch, a tool box and my aux fuel tank.

Onto the cleaning carpet thread, that was a mess.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts
Good call on the rhino liner Glenn. I would put one in my truck, but the bed is in crappy enough shape that I don't care about it that much, and don't want to spend the money on it.

This thread is making me want to modify my truck more, but right now my dual-sport bike needs more farkles, and it's a lot cheaper to mod and operate! It needs a clutch soon, which will cost me a whole $50.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:19 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Thanks Jose.

Bill, I'm going to concentrate on pulling power before I change the exterior, but you already knew that! LOL .
Yeah, I knew that!LOL! If it was possible, I'd come out there and we'd park those things side by side and I'd help you swap every last part, and that's no joke! If there was a way, I'd sure do it!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:29 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

I would love your company Bill and I'm sure we would have a blast doing it. In fact, we would probably be on the same wave length and just hand parts back and worth, LOL

I'm just going to take my time and not worry about it.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
I'd come out and help you too, but some of those parts might accidentally get put on the wrong truck...

Old 11-02-2012, 09:54 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
I would love your company Bill and I'm sure we would have a blast doing it. In fact, we would probably be on the same wave length and just hand parts back and worth, LOL

I'm just going to take my time and not worry about it.
Yep, it would be a good time for sure! You got the right idea though, just take your time and enjoy it. It should be a pretty fun project! I'm sure there will be little things that are gonna test you, but just keep thinking about what you'll have when it's done.......4 finely tuned, Powerstroked ton of six-wheeled, cross country, 5er towing, BEAST!............and it's purddy too! LOL!!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:57 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon
I'd come out and help you too, but some of those parts might accidentally get put on the wrong truck...
....................hey Evan, have you seen a turbo and injectors laying around? I could have sworn it was right here.......LOL!!!

Old 11-02-2012, 10:23 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Ya, the Falcon can fly and carry stuff while he is flying away.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
I swoop down out of nowhere!

Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Iallwork
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glenn, Your new truck is going to look great towing everything. Life is good!

Old 11-02-2012, 11:19 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

I'll tell you what Falcon, you can swoop down and take some parts but if you swoop down and take my dog, I will break open the gun cabinet, LOL Seriously, there is a place we go to that have Falcon's and Eagle's and they made me keep a good eye on my dog.

Thanks Steve, I feel pretty good about the purchase so far. I'm also sad about my old pickup, I feel like I'm abandoning it, LOL (like it has a brain!)

Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread